3 years and still no high noon

OW have been around for 3 years now, and there is still no subtitle for “High Noon”… I’m deaf person, and I have been waiting for one. Is adding “High Noon” a hard thing to do in Blizzard’s perception?

7 Likes

I think the last time there was subtitles was the first Archives event in 2017, but apparently they managed to break it?

I dunno, but didn’t they say they were trying to make it easier for deaf people to play?

Last year, I made a post about the accessibility. So 1 year passed by, not a single improvement. There were huge amount of deaf players stopped playing OW and switched to different FPS games because they felt like OW is one of worst FPS game for deaf users. For example, most FPS games offer the footstep radar detector while OW don’t. In deaf community, Fortnite is popular for some tournaments. Also, Twitch made the first deaf streamer partner with pro deaf player is 14 years old. But deaf people are avoiding OW vigorously due to lack of accessibility.

You can check out my old post from last year. Deaf Players Can't Hear Voice Lines

2 Likes

They brought them back even for the new archives but nothing beyond that was done though.

1 Like

you think it wouldnt be difficult to do all the subtitles for the ults

You would think. Left 4 Dead 2 is a decade old now and even they had sound cue subtitles.

I’m not deaf myself, I admit, but I have a terrible time parsing some of the things said/sound cues, owing to the fact that for some reason I’ll get this stuttering or delay effect a lot - so I might end up hearing a sound cue a solid several seconds after it actually occurred.

(An example: I was playing Reaper against a D.Va, the gunshots and defense matrix noises didn’t occur until after I’d already busted her out of her mech. A seemingly small issue there, but during teamfights when there’s a million things going on at once? It’s a disaster.)

Some form of subtitle/visual cue would help out a LOT of players.

1 Like

Blizzard have stated that they are working on a subtitles system at the moment