3 Tokens? Really? (Mod Response)

The thing is, no one will be “watching” it just for the tokens. There will be people who have it up on their browser while not watching it farming tokens.

Its just more stupidity by Blizzard thinking they can make thinks happen inorganically. You can’t bribe people into watching OWL. They will or they won’t. Its just pretend viewership.

Its the same as their in game endorsement system. People only use it to get the rewards. Like 1% of the endorsements probably mean anything. You can literally tell your entire team to eat mud and die, and you will probably still get some “Good Sportsmanship” awards at the end from people randomly doing it for the reward.

What does the endorsement system even mean at that point? Garbage

Lol I can’t beleive you watched that long.

But yes that’s activision for you🔥

Could you even buy a skin if you watched every hour of owl? Like in total you think three per HOUR and it’s literally just watching goats. I watched it for an hour nothing and the live chat had me rollin, it was better that the actual show. They were playing 4-1-1 and everyone loved it. They pick goats second cp and everyone even in the crowd was saying nooo and in chat everyone was putting F

1 Like

I watched all Matches yesterday, and still haven’t received any tokens. I would be happy with a measly 3 at this point. My account is linked, so I don’t know what the problem is?

I got 10

12 characters

Everyone, Blizzard is aware of the issues of tokens being shorted and is investigating. Please be sure to follow the latest updates in this thread:

2 Likes

Fixed that.

I just bust out my old laptop and let it stream the matches on a desk behind me with the laptop audio muted and display brightness turned down as low as it will go.

1 Like

I’m in the same boat. Only 3 tokens for watching the entirety of the stream yesterday.

At least I got tokens this time, I guess. Last year it was like a 50/50 thing. There were days when I watched their streams and didn’t receive a single token for whatever reason, but on some other days I did.

Watch 7+ hour stream of nothing but goats comp vs goats comp of the same exact picks and only got 3 tokens. Truly great, maybe after this season and the next I can afford a skin.

Puerto Rico getting no tokens since the first OWL even tho we are U.S. citizens. What are the limitations stopping us from getting any?

I do not have any details. In general regions that can’t earn tokens are due to legal barriers that prevent the promotion from being extended to that country or territory. But that is going into legal issues that is well beyond my knowledge.

1 Like

Thought it was just me, maybe they will compensate us for their error

Its more tokens than last season.

Last season was a max of 15 a night, sometimes just 12. Now its pretty much a minimum of 15, possibly 18 if the last game starts later.

These arguments are the greatest laughing material i’ve seen in a while. Blizzard promised something, and the promise should be fulfilled. It has nothing to do with being free or not. He is not being a beggar nor a chooser. He is just expecting what is promised to be delivered.

1 Like

Could this be passed on to the proper team that deals with this? I don’t see how this is fair. I don’t think P.R. didn’t eve get considered to get the tokens in the first place. Thanks for reply.

Well I have continued to express concerns about these limitations, again, its really in the hands of Blizzard’s legal team. I wish I had a better answer, I don’t think it is fair that players are being prevented from earning tokens just because of where they live and I do hope more countries and territories are opened up soon.

1 Like

Even with the normal drop rate it’s mind numbing boredom to sit there for a single token for each map. That’s why I stopped watching for tokens it’s not worth my sanity just to get the re-colors of skins. I wish they would just give us color sliders or color palettes for all the skins.

Blizz seems to have fixed the 3 tokens issue, I just checked my account and it said I received 12 tokens (for my viewing yesterday)

Kinda unrelated but do you know if you watch a match after it happened live, like the next day/a couple hours later, are you still eligible for tokens?

No, you must watch matches live for tokens