3 players left during match! Why is this still a thing?

I agree, it would be nice if something could be done about leavers. Fortunately it is always more likely the enemy team will have a leaver than your team so at least you end up ahead.

Okay, sometimes I’ve rumors about the 3 players are left the match in the duration of the competitive gameplay is much worse than enough that could probably losing my SR points, immediately!! If even worse hard to play with…

I would always advocate for a draw if the match was anywhere near close before the people left. If my team stomped you hard and then 3 people leave, Im sorry, but no. Im not letting you get a draw out of a game you 99% already lost. Example: The other day we went into round 3 on Route 66, we destroyed the enemy and pushed to the last checkpoint in overtime from before the first check point. Sides switch they have a minute on the clock, they try for a push and 2 people get popped by our Widow, 3 people on their team leave the game immediately. So no, we didnt let them win, they already lost when the people left. Its just not the same as people left at a random point in the game, compared to we were about to lose hard and people left so pls give us a draw.

Yesterday one of my friends had a disconnect issue during a game. We were winning pretty hard up until then but it was still wasnt really easy either. The enemy brings out a Bastion comp defending the last point on Junkertown (talking about not letting you have a draw they went all out on this). No one on my team freaked out all though they were all randoms, we worked together we talked and we actually managed to win the game 5v6.

Have you? Cause you sound like youre talking about 5 year olds, not 10 yearolds.

I’ve met at least one now.

Good one mate, nice to see edgy teens are still up and running as intended.

1 Like

blizzard should make it so during comp there should not be a “leave game” option or a “exit to desktop” option and people should stop rage quiting its NOT Fair to the rest of the team ;(

It is still a thing because the solution is ‘hard’ because it is human nature for people to try exploit things to their advantage.

I am sure the Overwatch team would love to solve this issue, but almost every proposed solution has its flaws.

In all honesty I think it is probably best just to cancel the match after the leaver can no longer reconnect and chalk it up as a loss for the team with the fewer members and a win for the other team with maybe 50% SR gain/loss accordingly. Mitigate groups abusing this by snapshotting the group members at the start of the match and giving them the full SR loss, so people can’t just leave the group then dc to try avoid the group from taking the penalty.

This should ‘work’ simply by virtue of the fact that if the MM is seeking to create even matches in a 6v6 situations, a 5v6 would have to be inherently unfair.

If this seems unreasonable, I guess the game could be paused and the group with the leaver could be prompted for a vote after the timer has expired with a majority wins, or default to cancel if people haven’t voted within 10 seconds.

It isn’t a flawless solution, but I feel many other solutions would be even harder. Few people like having to sit out a match which is clearly stacked against them.

Wouldn’t work. People would just unfriend and then leave.

Blizz could easily code it so it captures friend and group status at the initiation of the match to work around this. Ez.

People could defriend the guy planning on leaving and he could leave the group to bypass it.