3 Avoid team mate limit promotes toxicity?

So I am under the full impression that the “avoid team mate” limit of 3 should be completely abolished and raised to like… 100 still with the 7days removal period.

I tend to find that I am running out of slots all the time due to team mates not wanting to change, being toxic and many other reasons im sure you are all aware of. Im trying to be less toxic in my own games but its become more and more difficult.

One thought I did have is that being a toxic player yourself may already give you a higher limit on avoid team mates since if your an Insert term here then your team mates will avoid you. Giving you (potentially) 5 avoid team mate slots per game, obviously bans are always a possibility if you REALLY trigger the people to report you but if you kindly ask people “please put me on avoid team” they might actually do it and get the same effect with less effort your side.

Just a thought I was having and thought I would share.

2 Likes

Definitely more than 3. Let people who want more avoids deal with the longer queue times.

3 Likes

If there are many more, you’ll start making the queue for a game far longer, as Blizz tries to form equatable groups but they have so many people have large “don’t play with” lists.

2 Likes

It effects every, even someone with nobody on their own list. If you have 100 people you don’t want to play with and it would put you on my team, but the next person they’d have put on our team has people not on your list then we’ve shrunk down the pool even more…

1 Like

With every play session (roughly 3 hours for me) I’ll run into at least 2-3 people I want to avoid.

It can be anything from a Rein that’s always charging in to Sombra EMPing with no one around, I’ll even avoid a player on the other team if I see them doing questionable things. I don’t want to deal with the chance of them getting on my team.

Honestly I want to avoid most of them longer than 7 days…like …forever.

It would be nice if the game recognized who you’ve endorsed and pairs you up again. Although no one really endorses players anymore because it does nothing.

Duos can tactically avoid 6people which is pretty efficient. Considering you only have 4randoms instead of 5.

People that are being avoided shouldn’t be in the queue list anyway. By not avoiding them you’re basically forcing people to play with problematic players.

I would be happy with just 3 more slots. It is crappy when I have to decide do I avoid the Mei that always walls us in at spawn and other chokes (this is comp, I wouldn’t care in qp) or the Rein that charges in and insta-dies and then blames me (the healer) I would like to avoid both, not have to pick the lesser dick

1 Like

Who nailed it. You affect everyone by avoiding someone. As some would avoid a ton and it might have 12 players but if 3 avoided say 6 each it can no longer make any team with the 12. 100 as OP wants? Matchmaking would halt altogether.

1 Like

Add more for testing queue time please.