✅ 3-2-1 would reduce pressure on Damage players

Increased anxienty means they’d leave. You’d also lose plenty of tanks, regardless of if they’re buffed or not.

If you didnt notice, i was using your own argument about “supports should just group” against you there - using LFG wont change anything for anyone.

1 Like

Not necessarily.

Players who enjoy healing in the more chaotic environment would also have more chance of switching to support.

I never brought up LFG but your argument about just grouping up is correct. It’s exactly what people should do. It renders most complaints null. We wouldn’t need Role Queue, nor 2-2-2, nor 3-2-1.

A good LFG system that addresses the complaints that were made against it would go a long way to helping the issues as well.

Anxiety regularly stops people from doing things, it’d happen. Personally, i’d not like to have 3 mobile DPS attacking me on Zen while my DPS ignores me, so i’d play less supports myself.

Unfortunately, the game has buttons that let you enter a game without grouping - until they’re removed, there will be games where people dont group.

Anyways, i’m glad we got down to the core of things - this is all about Queue times and nothing about reducing pressure on DPS. We broke that argument a while back i feel.

And enjoyment, in this case, of the chaos, would bring some new support players. You have no way of knowing they wouldn’t.

Issues where people don’t group, that can be rectified by grouping up, can only be blamed on the people themselves.

Reduced pressure IS a direct by-product of shorter queue times.

Same logic: Issues of not pressing the Tank/Support queue buttons can be solved by pressing the Tank/Support buttons, and can be blamed on the DPS players themselves.

There is no pressure from queue times, you’re not even in the game when you do it.

There is the negative feeling that Jeff describes as the “sting of defeat”, that’s lessened the quicker you can move onto the next game.

In doing so, one sacrifices their fun and freedom to play the role they want to play, a big supposed selling point of Role Queue in the first place.

I am guessing you never played triple DPS then.
DPS often help on the backline and even peel for the healers. Shocking huh? I know! Those trash DPS players are not selfish 100% of the time? Noooo cant happen right?. Yeah in the Triple DPS comp there has always been a guardian so yeah, it is what it is.

PS: Also that would be a “Flex” slot and flash news pal: Flex players do exist! 2 shocking news for you today :rofl:

Pressure in my first paragraph refers to the mental state. Your claim is that players feel more pressure to do well with 2-2-2.

Pressure in my second paragraph is used in terms of the gameplay. If there is only one bulky tank, they will be pressured by 6 enemies shooting at them. Off tanks split the pressure of this fire.

Different definitions, so my paragraphs are actually not contradictory.

Tanks have always had the most pressure on them. The entire team revolves around them. Support is next most stressful because their ults are the engage and team survival utility abilities.

DPS have, and always will be, the least stressful position on any team.

1 Like

Tank: Group Up! Group Up! Group up! Tank gets killed alone, for the 3rd time.
Tank Leaves.

4 Likes

Hog should have a passive where he dramatically reduces the amount of ult charge the enemy gets when they shoot him.

Or maybe, like, the more health he has the less charge they get off of him.

lol putting 2/3 of a team’s pressure on a single person is not selfish though??

sometimes dps players…y’all are really something

Mate you should reflect what you write.
The press on tanks is really high, and there is solo tanks who won’t work.
Tell me please what could be the utility of a Solo hammond, a solo Dva, a solo Hog (maybe this one could live a bit but not too much without a heliping barrier) or even a solo winston.
I repeat again mate… reflect before speaking out loud would make you look smarter.

2 Likes

Read what you said very slowly, really pay attention to what you just said.

Btw, my post isn’t about nerfing DPS. It’s about nerfing Damage across the board…

“Such as? The one I mostly hear is “increased pressure” for the tank players.”

a lot of dps roles rely on on tanks to make space. now you’re betting on one tank player being good or not v.s. 2 of them to win games.

you’d also wind up displacing a lot of off-tank players into the dps queue. potentially even slower to get a match.

1 less tank means less ability to anchor. I’m not sure about you, but I don’t want to wind up on even more mei-hell, because guess who’s best at holding down a point after a non-dive tank?

1 Like

Some Dps players have asserted that 3-2-1 would be better for them.
This is a very selfish mindset to have.

1 Like

You are doing God’s work lol :rofl:

1 Like

That’s because they have the most POTENTIAL to counter heroes. Enemy has a Reaper, what do the tanks and healers do??? Enemy has a Pharah, what do tanks and healers do??? etc. The most fun role should have the most stress. You’re gonna lose the few tanks you have left if you rework them all, remove the fun of synergistic pairs, and make them the sole target of 3 DPS on the other team every game. You won’t lose me, because I already got tired of being reported if I didn’t play Orisa every game so I just support now.

2 Likes

a solo winston probably won’t work well unless the rest of your team plays dive alongside you. so either you dictate what the rest of the team picks, or the moment you bump into a winston one-trick you’re all screwed.

Similar case for hammond unless it’s a boop map.

Solo tanking on dva is never going to work unless your healers pocket your rear end really really hard, and even then you might just get melted. Biggest hitbox in the game + can only matrix the front = really damn easy to get hard focused down.

picking hog or zarya essentially just mean having a 4th dps. hog is self explanatory.

Zarya on low energy cannot frontline, so she’s reliant on the rest of the team being willing to initiate that push forward so she can get energy. This sounds like a terrible idea if doomfist isn’t essentially your main tank (in the making space role).

But ultimately, let’s face it. your comms are going to be hugely toxic unless you pick a main shield tank. So RIP tank diversity.

2 Likes