"(20char...)" Is unnessecary

<!nerfbaptisteblizzard->

edit: it didn’t work lol

Oh boy another one of these threads again.

As a reminder the 20 character minimum is meant to help reduce spam and get people to think about their posts, and yes sometimes still putting in a one-word answer is appropriate, but you still have to think if that is the best option.

I myself work to try to put in more constructive and detailed responses, not just because I am a forum MVP, but aiming to build my skills in community interaction and management (as I hope to find a career role possibly using such skills).

1 Like

I understand that, but using invis text is still better then seing “(20 char)” in every reply

If someone doesnt know how to write in invis he just writes something like (char) or spams something unnessecary in, I dont think using this method would increase spam and would rather make posts where you have to write short awnsers (example: “What is your Dpi?” posts) more enjoyable

Oh cool I did it!

1 Like

You have to add 2 “-” after the “!” to make it work

Its:

“< ! - -”

and ends with 2 “-” and a “>”

Where is Workshopr? His exposing skills are needed!

1 Like

I expose the exposers secrets!

You can see invis text if you click on “Reply” and if the textbox pops up you habe these tools at the top

(The stuff where you can find the “B” and thing line that)

Left from the B you see this icon wich is a speech bubble, click on this

in short:

Click on “reply”, and then on the speech bubble icon

If you do that you will quote all text someone wrote, including invisible one

I disagree with the 5th argument, I dont think that was her real prupose

1 Like

Why would I do all that when I could type 20char?

:(
1 Like

Test

1 Like

Also this…

********* <--- keep adding asterisks until you have enough characters. It just drops a line in your post. Just one character instead of two special characters and a bunch of garbage characters.  ******** vs <adsfasfasjf>

And drop your links in the preformatted text instead of breaking them with spaces! It’s the </> button up top next to quote button. Then people can just triple click to select all, right click, and go to the link instead of selecting, copy, pasting into new window, editing out the spaces, and then hitting enter.

www.google.com

That’s really nice. Where from?

1 Like
3 Likes

Clearly it failed

Because even the developers have restorted to the [20 characters] thing.

All it does is prompt people to type random garbage to fill space

My prefered method is to add a lot of dots