2077 Delayed..... Again (LoneOneX94, Stop Bumping this Topic With Your Off Topic one and post your own)

This is why I like how Blizz is handling OW2 release.

Because if they actually did make an announcement about the release date…

They would likely be announcing all the delays too.

47 Likes

im glad 2077 got delayed, that is not a bad thing whatsoever.

they were going to force that game to meet its launch date despite the hours programmers were going to work overtime to achieve that goal.

this was for the best

40 Likes

2077 got delayed to 2078

28 Likes

He wasn’t complaining [about Blizz], though…

1 Like

2077 isn’t the date the game is set, it’s the year it will be released!

4 Likes

It’s fine. You should only be worried if they push it back to next year.

2 Likes

As long as it’s not a botch job like Mount and Blade 2 where we get 7 years of development hell just for the game to release without a full story quest line and excuses from the devs that they had to switch and redesign game engines twice and that’s why it took so long. Really indefensible when every diehard fan was saying they’d rather wait for a quality release and we got the buggy, incomplete release that we got. I’m willing to wait, but we’ve got to at least get a full, functioning game out of the deal.

2 Likes

Don’t jinx it…

I’ll will do the same to OW2

2077 and Overwatch 2 are the two extremes of “releasing a game” and their both bad in their own ways.

2077 keeps making dates and pushing them back. It’s good that they get more time to polish their product, but pushing the release multiple times and making pseudo “promises” rubs some people the wrong way.

Overwatch is just “It’s in development!” and the main game, Overwatch, has part of it’s content halted until the sequels. Unlike 2077, there has been zero details outside of the week of blizzcon. Some people also get frustrated being left in the dark.

Overall, meh. They’re both coming out eventually and will probably be amazing but both of their release methods are sloppy.

9 Likes

Naw, Blizzard would stick with the date and release a broken game. This is how publicly traded companies like EA and Activision-Blizzard work.

1 Like

I mean, if only they’d hype it up but stay vague on the release date :frowning:

Yes because Blizzard would never cancel a release (Starcraft : Ghost ) or delay a release ( WoW : Shadowlands that was originally releasing today) …

2 Likes

And during 2020 where most people are working at home.

2020 is essentially the year of delays.

1 Like

“So uh, Jeff… when’s OW2 comin’ out? Jeff? Jeff…? Hey, Jeff?”

Jeff:

7 Likes

So you prefer no communication from the devs while people leave the game in droves? I understand maybe not weekly updates but i havent heard anything from blizzard in a year.

3 Likes

Honestly: i think it’s better not to give release date and continue to delay.
Plus: maybe give it us, and then think about next gen.

For OW: i’d prefer some hint sometimes. For example: “Ehi, look, this is the new Symmetra model for OW2!” “Ehi! This is a part of a new map we are working on”.

3 Likes

You didnt even read

Yea I’m aware, I’m about to delete my post.

You got me. I was about to be like: AGAIN!?!?

Edit it was delayed, dammit.

“A delayed game is eventually good, a rushed game is forever bad”

3 Likes