2023 dramatization will get us nowhere

1. Yes, the former OW1 game will have an agonic death as it fails to cater new players, and all that are left are addicts buying many accounts to generate a challenge for themselves through mastery of different heroes. That already happens.

2. Yes, 2023 is further than 2022 but not that further. Some of you are acting like it’s the difference between you being and not being in this world to enjoy it.

3. Videogame industry has a wide variety of games to make the wait enjoyable. The approach of “I NEED THIS AND I NEED IT NOW” makes you look like an addict.

But here’s the kicker: OW2 will feel, thanks to the halt in OW1 development like a much fresher game. If they kept giving the updates in droplets, the slow progression towards OW2 wouldn’t bring new players or retain current ones. The game concept itself is getting stale. It will be done when it’s done. Think that no one wants to release the game more than the team, blizzard and Activision.

Also, don’t claim you side with the workers if then you’re going to actually be anti-worker where it matters: crunch to meet impossible deadlines.

8 Likes

It was promised for 2020; coming out two+ years later and getting annoyed is not being an addict.

We call this thinking “Rationalization”.

27 Likes

Gonna need a quote for this one?

Just check the reactions to 5v5 with a handful of heroes only. Strong change. You introduce this in a game in End of life and you’re not going to be able to market this to new or old players imo.

It’s going to undoubtedly feel fresher to get a game in, let’s say 1 and a half years remain till launch. None of the timely content they released helped the numbers. Not any recent hero or map. The game has been living off alt accounts for a while since they don’t even have retention programs such as battle passes.

3 Likes

It was also announced in 2019 and it looked the same unfinished product on recent 2021 showcases, which lead to even more concerns from the community that the devs still ignored.

7 Likes

You’re acting as if supports getting a death sentence double tank dive wasn’t a thing.

All it means is we’re more than likely not getting the game late next year……which even under ideal circumstances was probably already wishful thinking….

Problem is people keep on fooling themselves into thinking it could launch earlier than that….the OWL news already told us it was still like a year away…at LEAST

1 Like

Nope. In fact no particular date was even hinted at, not even 2021.

7 Likes

If we’re going to be waiting two years for OW2 then the devs need to give us some new content. They could give us the Bastion rework maybe, that could still fit in nicely in 6v6, or they could give us a couple of the new heroes they were planning for OW2. This game has barely been hanging on through content drought lasting over a year, even the most loyal players will leave soon.

1 Like

The question isn’t whether they’ll leave, it’s whether they’ll come back imo. Most games tie players through retention methods like battlepasses, where the player becomes enslaved to the game if they want to unlock cosmetics. OW doesn’t do that, it’s actually nicer to the player. Many times I feel like some games are telling me to neglect games that don’t have that sort of loyalty tool. So I favor rocket league and brawlhalla because they’re “forcing” me to get my investment return instead of OW.

I’m optimistic that OW2 will bring a good portion of the playerbase back, but the game better be the best thing that ever happened to gaming to keep those players to justify the wait time.

I don’t think it’ll be that good. But the PVE will gather a lot of attention and I’m sure it’s the main reason why they can’t tie in many new characters that have already been developed. They want to do the natural progression where you’ll learn about them through the gameplay story. If the PVE fails to be replayable then it will be a failure, no doubt.

It’s a bad situation, but I don’t think we need to over-emphasize that it sucks to wait some more.

Blizz fanboys.

Gotta love them. :kiss:

correct me if i’m wrong, but aren’t supports kinda hard to dive right now ? with brig stun and whipshot, being able to boop tanks their full distance without their new passive, and your own second off tank occasionally providing backline peel while the 2nd tank can remain a frontline. A competent support or a support duo would be very hard to dive currently (assuming you’re referring to how the game is played now).

EDIT: i forgot to mention immortality field which will probably be nerfed by overwatch 2

But with sombra permahacking everything, tanks new passive that reduces knockbacks, less CC and CC that made it through having longer cooldowns, i feel like he’s right about being dove as a support in OW2 being a death sentence.

YEs, I’m a blizz fanboy. Literally never played a game from blizz since Starcraft1 but here comes jeongyeon with his very good take.

By the same rationale we could say that a tank diving in 5v5 will be peeled by an entire team, so without that second tank helping in the dive/negating peel it’s gonna be harder to get in and out. Then again, theoretically. Flankers will have more options, but we can sort of assume their flanking potential will be somewhat nerfed too.

Plus what I meant to say is the support perception. You have to rely on your team to peel. If you’re dived by winston and dva as a projectile support your life is entirely on your team’s hands. There’s no possible skill play that will save you from that. Whereas one tank means you can play on their weakness and at least have some impact on an individual level when trying to save yourself.

Example: as ana you can’t do anything vs a winston + dva. Dva can eat anything you do with matrix before your life reaches 0 while winston is zapping you.

2 Likes

Uh oh, you disagreed with them and we can’t have that.

1 Like

What mystifies me is how impatient this community actually is. People are saying “iTs BeEn 2 yEaRs!!!1!!1!” Meanwhile I’ve been waiting for some of my most favorite games to get new releases for 5+ years now, during which I haven’t gotten a single dlc update.

Yea, a delay sorta sucks, but I’d rather a good, delayed game over a rushed on time one. Like you said, I have other stuff to kill the time anyways.

Pretty sure this is just another case of a false rumor being spread around so much people believe its fact because they don’t actually look into these things.

5 Likes

well the only people left atm are addicts. myself included but currently i have been playing less then usual. i am sure tho there are some addicts that still play more than 3 hours a day.

Yeah me too, I barely play nowadays but it’s also because other games which also have an epic drought of content per se (example, rocket league), tell me: play or you don’t get cosmetics with your battle pass.

Some games are being coy into making you play for rewards rather than the experience.

1 Like

pOsItIvItY!!!11!!1!1!!

1 Like

The absence of negativity doesn’t imply positivity. It just means it’s another day.

First of all, even if the release window was on holidays 2022 it’s still over a year away. Over a year of content drought. Relatively speaking, both 2022 and 2023 are both very far away and OW1 will suffer either way.

People are being overly dramatic about it. I’d understand it if they had a stake in the company tho.