2017 Player Icon (Hat) isn't in Winter Lootboxes?

Appreciate the clarification. If that’s what happened, that’s unfortunate. Maybe this can call some attention to it to fix it.

No idea… it’s the holidays. This will more than likely get buried before anyone notices.

Worth a shot anyway.

Came here looking to see if anyone else had the same issue, so glad it’s not just me that’s bothered by this. I know they changed the icon to put a year on it, but since some people claim it was removed for them, I can’t say I remember whether I got the original icon in the first place or not.

I do remember looking at it last year and thinking “I hope I can still unlock that” because, as has been stated here and on other threads, the loot box system change wasn’t introduced until after this event was going on. So even if one grinded enough levels or bought enough loot boxes, there’s no guarantee you’d have gotten this icon during the event. Especially since player icons are the only items you can’t use currency to unlock and thus it is completely luck-based.

And I don’t think it’s fair to just tell people “tough luck, get over it” because some people are completionists. Top 500 sprays/icons and limited-time event rewards are one thing, but we’re talking about something that cannot be bought, earned, or work towards getting beyond luck. Specifically by players who have been playing since day 1.

Here’s to hoping we see it in Anniversary Loot Boxes this year!

2 Likes

Appreciate you chiming in.

I think reintroducing the icon in Anniversary lootboxes would be a nice little fix. Great idea!

Perhaps, but I’m not going to hold my breath. Either way, thanks for the post and I hope that you’re enjoying Overwatch again.

Still worth banging pots for.

I… don’t know what you mean by that?

Is this related to Widow?