2-2-2 wrong SR's

Does blizzard intend to do anything about it?

1 Like

Blizzard have said they’ve been tracking players’ MMR for each role over the last few months so the SRs you’re getting from 2-2-2 placement are correct based on your MMR.

I was disappointed with my tank SR as I hoped it would be much higher but I guess that just means I need to work on my tanks.

If you placed too low be happy, you now have easy games…

1 Like

Unfortunately, there are going to be teething problems. We have to face this fact.

I find the SR system now to be pretty accurate.

It’s the beta season. I think they’re just using your rank from last season as a starting point, then tracking your SR over each role to apply to season 18.

I was disappointed because I got placed in the same rank across all three roles, with 1 match worth of SR apart. I definitely didn’t expect this to happen, but it’s beta for a reason.

Yeah and if you are onr trick diamond mercy, you will start your placement as dps at diamond level, so kind of bs.

1 Like

Not everybody is playing every dps equally well.

I’ve placed 2850 as tank and 2550 as healer. As healer I had a match with 35k heal, my biggest so far, and 42% total dmg heal and we still lost because I just healed potatoes.

1 Like

You mean like run an entire beta season to work out the kinks and fix problems?

MMR is used for matchmaking, not SR. To the best of my knowledge the beta season will not be used for season 18, that’s why it’s not in the list of competitive seasons as the “current competitive season”.

They’ve been tracking role specific MMR for several months before the announcement of role queue. More details from Jeff Kaplan in the video:

For you it might be working but for some they’re stomping their games because they were placed too low, while others are struggling because they were put too high. It doesn’t seem to be perfect.

I think it’s more like people aren’t happy with the rank they earned. And if it’s not the rank they deserve, they’ll eventually end up at their correct rank.

I was expecting mid-silver for DPS but got mid-gold and went on to lose a few games. go figure.

on support i was expecting high gold or low plat but got high silver. the games feel really slow and not challenging.

A tank in one of my placements was silver and had been a plat tank main the last two seasons.

i guess this is just growing pains.

I last season I peaked 2850. Then I wanted to try out ana ( big mistake) and I dropped down to 2500. My point is I climbed to 2850 solely based on my DPS, and my dps is the LEAST rankedof all of my rank. The ironic part is that my support is my highest SR. Now I stomp ppl. 68 elims 22k dmg 1 death, its boring