2-2-2 people just as unhappy but now with extra wait

People in the major if the playerbase have relatively good queue times

Yes. That’s exactly what I was trying to say. Thanks for understanding literally what I linked instead of trying to give it some context on my argument.

/s

If a clear majority was for or against it, you would see it in the straw polls.

Which we do.

Or in the most highest voted comments in any thread with over 50 (or 100 or 200) posts.

Which we do.

Or that you would see the same results on different forums,

Which we do,

Or the other forums straw polls,

Which we did,

Or that Blizzard would look and talk about the feedback they got.

Which they did,

Given that we would expect the people who don’t like it to try to ignore all of the evidence, because they can’t bring any to the table because it isn’t even close

Which they are.

3 Likes

Which is good right…?

It is, but that also means the majority likes it, by default, kinda

1 Like

I can give you several possible scenarios that would make the data unreliable if you’d like

2 Likes

Sure from one source. But you would have to show why all of the sources are all wrong. Which fails occrams razor really hard.

One data source sure? But I don’t bring only one. I have to restrict myself to only one, I can bring every piece of data I run across to this because they all show the same answer.

I haven’t ignored any sources going the other way, because there is any to ignore.

And if it WAS close there would be.

But it isn’t.

It isn’t even remotely close.

2 Likes

I dunno about that… if the majority has good queue times (relatively unchanged from pre 222) wouldn’t that mean they support it based on other things like gameplay/experience l/etcetcetc?

Er what. Why not just give the scenarios to prove everything wrong/right/whatever…? =_=“

…Ok

Definition of response bias: a general term for a wide range of tendencies for participants to respond inaccurately or falsely to questions. These biases are prevalent in research involving participant self-report, such as structured interviews or surveys. Response biases can have a large impact on the validity of questionnaires or surveys.

People can choose whether they respond or not: response bias.

Sample bias: a bias in which a sample is collected in such a way that some members of the intended population have a lower sampling probability than others.

Most people who don’t like 2-2-2 aren’t likely to take the time to come to the forums and search out every strawpoll to express their views over and over again, they are more likely to just leave the community since role queue isn’t the type of thing the devs are going to repeal. Meanwhile people who like 2-2-2 are more likely to stay active in the community because they like what’s happening therefore they will keep playing the game and posting in the forums.

Ask any professor of statistics and they will back me up.

4 Likes

*Occam’s razor is fallacious argument that states that the simpler argument is the correct one.

Ok, let’s put a bullet into one of them REALLY quickly.

Different populations are coming up with the same answer.

So that one is doa before we even begin. We have the gold standard to show it doesn’t apply.

Unless you can show a bias which mean people who are on any forum (not just this one).

Now let’s put a bullet in the other.

This is a forum people come to complain. You would EXPECT there is a bias, but it would be in the other direction.

1 Like

Do you know what a biased subset that is? Like really, you can’t even google to find out how to activate forum posting rights. So many gates. I have friends, have seen entire discord servers, reddit groups, etc…that just can’t get to these forums to post. I think it would be a total abuse of statistics to survey this forum lol.

The 222 crowd is a loud, vocal, cherry picked group that was at one time a ~2/3 majority (based on the available, albeit biased, sources).

If you redid the sampling correctly, now, in this world of waitcraft barrierwatch, the results would likely be different.

1 Like

No that the simplest explanation is the correct one (by simple they mean the one with the lowest set of probabilities showing it wrong).

Let’s apply it here.

We have a bunch of different data sources all pointing in he same direction.

We can’t find a data source which is pointing the other way.

What is more likely. That they are all broken each in their own unique way to give not just the same wrong answer but the same wrong answer to the same degree.

Because this is what you have to show to argue against them.

That they all show the same answer because they are showing the real group they are sampling.

Because one is FAR FAR more likely than the other.

3 Likes

Most data polls concerning 2-2-2 were made before the full implementation of Role Q/Lock or near the beginning of when it was first introduced.

For recent ones, many of the ones that hate it either don’t concern themselves with the various forums (Blizzard, Reddit, etc.) or have left or have moved to QPC or have decided to deal with it. These are completely plausible reasons

I have a feeling Robot has seen most reasons before.

2 Likes

Meh. The original razor comes out as ‘to be prefered over’. And the modern forms say ‘more likely’ - which takes more work to show. At large, Occam’s Razor isn’t a fallacy.

1 Like

Wrong. The forums are coming up with the same answer over and over again. You are defending the forums’ strawpolls.

Precisely. They come to complain, not take every poll that comes up. They write their complaint and that’s it.

In order to prove that you’d have to link every single one of those polls that doesn’t have bias, oh wait…

3 Likes

But the Reddit forms are the same.

The posts with votes are the same

The dev comments were the same.

I’m NOT taking it from one source here.

But they all point in the same direction.

And hey… That makes the arguement MUCH stronger.

That you literally CAN’T find any evidence to back up your position is extremely telling.

1 Like

And yet you fail to link even one poll without bias after 2-2-2 implementation.

1 Like

If you’ve noticed, those numbers have begun to even out

1 Like

Ok let’s play link to the polls.

Now remember I’m also saying the other data sources also back my position.

I’ll do a search on the forums for roleQ, and strawpoll and give all of the hits which have happened since roleQ came out ok?

You can do the same to make sure I am not dropping any since it is all public data.