2-2-2 people just as unhappy but now with extra wait

players are just as un happy but now with extra wait time.

54 Likes

Man, that every single strawpoll we have done in the forum has shown that people prefer roleQ by a large margin must really be inconvenient for you there.

Because, it shows that people are really not as unhappy as they were before.

76 Likes

The game’s balance may be crap right now, but that doesn’t mean 2-2-2 was a bad decision.

39 Likes

Strawpool is 1) biased, and 2) voluntary

Since the forum echo chamber is so dismissive that role queue is anything other than a full success, probably the ones dissatisfied simply don’t care enough to answer a random pool from random people trying to make a point.

I know I have seen a few strawpools regarding this issue and never answered any of them for this exact reason.

You want to know the community proper weight on this regard? Make a dev start a pool, like they did for favorite map. That would still be biased towards forum users, but with dev power behind it, more people would be willing to add their feedback on the matter.

15 Likes

It isn’t biased. Strawpoll has no horse in this race

Secondly the same results came out no matter if it was someone for or against roleQ, or in a thread which was for or against roleQ.

And we got the same results on various Reddit forums.

Looks one side here has a LOT of evidence to fall back on and you have nothing except your own whining.

But hey, have you own little poll, say, this thread and the votes for my comment in reply to your comment.

Oh wait… That also shows what people think.

23 Likes

Do you know the meaning of biased?

If so, why lead you to believe it isn’t biased? The vast majority of players don’t lurk around the forums or reddit. The ones who even see the pool in the first place already have a certain mindset that favor one side.

8 Likes

Because the content people aren’t whining on the forums everyday.

We’re whining about the meta instead. :joy:

4 Likes

To be fair, a majority of players, are in skill tiers, where a majority of the players are :stuck_out_tongue:

To be fair, this forum is a freaking echo chamber of 2/2/2 likers.
So yeah, you are definitely gonna get a lot of biases from those players.

7 Likes

and pretty much every thread on sites with upvoting loved role queue and all content about it on youtube has a massive ratio of up vs down votes.
It’s clearly popular, the only issue is DPS queue time are a bit too high for top SR ranges.

other then that it’s pretty good. Get to play what you want and don’t have to worry about getting bumped out of the role. There is clearly some balance issues going from 3-3 meta into 222 locked but that should get cleared up.

Also noticing that some people are honestly flat out terrible in certain roles now. I assume they never got to play DPS or rarely played tank etc so they honestly don’t seem to know what to do.
So there is that issue and wow the match making is IMO now going WAY too wide in QP. Like I get a game with 3k-3.6k sort of players where I would be in comp. Then all of sudden the next around it’s like some 1.7k player and they can’t even remotely hang with even mid golds, never mind a few diamonds in game.

3 Likes

But so is every other forum.
At some point you have to realise that most people are happy with it.

Blizzard found the same thing and said so in the dev notes.

6 Likes

Meh… can’t argue with that.

I myself is not having the time of my life with 2/2/2 QP. But hey, to each their own.

1 Like

Question: can you prove that the bias is in fact in favor of RoleQ? Like, compare the proportion of pro/anti-RoleQ on the forums and compare it to the game’s community at large?

No?

Then how do you know that it’s biased?

Follow up question: why is your supposition about the forum’s attitude toward RoleQ acceptable any more valid than the strawpolls he is referencing? I assume you’re basing this off a hand-done survey of posts, but I’m curious what forum that survey is being drawn from because to me, it certainly seems like the forum is the hotbed for people angry or upset about RoleQ.

Just my take, but it seems like the forums are more heavily-slated toward RoleQ haters than RoleQ lovers… but let’s just run momentarily with the assumption that RoleQ is wildly popular and that the strawpolls/YouTube like ratios/etc are generally accurate. Would it not make sense, then, that the number of RoleQ lovers overshadows the number of RoleQ haters? So then even if the forums is weighted toward the haters, they’re still going to be outnumbered.

7 Likes

It must be really inconvenient for you that response bias and sample bias completely nullify those polls though.

(S)He doesn’t have to. All you have to do is point out the response and sample bias and your survey isn’t worth the pixels it’s written on.

1 Like

IMO, queue times are a much more problematic factor than any other issues role queue was supposed to solve. The moment you spend more time on queue than playing the match itself, is the moment where players start getting impatient and leave.

So, while people say that games like LoL have long queues, each LoL match is also much longer than your average OW match. Your average QP match is 5 to 10 minutes long. Comp averages around 15 minutes (based on personal data over 7 seasons). Current queue times are verging on the unacceptable, and people are enduring it for now, but it will break them eventually if Blizzard don’t solve this quickly.

2 Likes

Straw polls on the forums mean close to nothing in regards to what the majority thinks.

4 Likes

Really, because you gotta show that.

That we get the same results from different sources show it is robust

2 Likes

No.

Because I lack any tools that would let me collect this kind of data. Exactly for the same reasons why random strawpool shared on this forum and reddit are biased. Anywhere I, as a common non-famous player, could share a pool of my own, would be biased in some way or another.

Regardless of which way the results go, those pools are the fruit of a poisonous tree.

It seems pretty even for me.

Which is exactly why this move is controversial.

If a clear majority would be for or against it, it should had subsided and diminished by now. The reason why we still have hundreds of new threads every day talking about this, means the thing is complicated to solve. Whatever Blizzard do, it will ignite the flames of people in on side. If they are not cautious, they might even make both sides unhappy and push the game down the metaphorical slope.

Implementing Role queue was shaking a wasp nest. Sometimes you might need to do it, but it’s never a careless decision, and you need to be ready when they start stinging.

1 Like

Meaning…?

You are trying to say Straw poll is illegal and therefore can’t be used it court?

Really?

2 Likes