2-2-2 lock is a disaster and here's why [UPDATED]

As support/tank main after 5 matches (actually spent more than that after I post this thread) in support lock and 2 matches in tank lock I can tell that 2-2-2 lock is one of the worst thing happened with Overwatch and here’s why:

Obvious problems about role queue:

1. When your healers underperforming and you’re STUCK in tank or DPS you can’t switch or do anything about it;

• Same thing if your tanks or DPS are underperfoming.

2. Well 2-2-2 (maybe Sigma) has brought new Double Shield meta (in my opinion it’s way way worse than GOATS);
Original: It’s all about BUNKER and DIVE now

3. It’s just horrible to see 90% of heroes roster is unavailable, then more than half of support heroes were nerfed due to OW League’s GOATS (Ana and Moira are only good ones left) and tanks are just boring to play (D.VA’s matrix is a joke, Sigma is pretty fun actually);

• I really hope for more balance changes and new support/tank heroes (Blizzard, please, no more DPS heroes).

4. Situational DPS (Symmetra) is no more a thing;

• The point is if you’re chose tank or support you can’t switch on Symmetra (for example) to use teleport on some maps (different maps - different tactics). There’s only hope on your teammates now.

5. Flex players are no more a thing;

• I feel so sorry about them, but there’s only flexing within one role now.

6. Well, it’s controversial, but i think one-tricking is gonna be a thing more than ever.

7. Massive DPS queue waiting time.

Good things about 2-2-2 lock:

1. No more 5 DPS stack;

2. GOATS is gone (Overwatch League fans are happy about it);

3.I like the idea to check my perfomance on every role;

In the end the only good things i can see about 2-2-2 lock is there’s no more 5 DPS stack (and yes GOATS is gone, but i’m not OW League fan). And I’m actually really like the idea to check how i’m perform on every role.

But looking for group exists for 1 year now…

Is there’s any way Blizzard can please both playerbase?

Well I don’t think so. Maybe they could add something like role swap system with someone who agree to? But they won’t revert role queue, and knowing Blizzard we (players who disagree with changes) have to accept and adapt or leave the game and that’s very sad :disappointed_relieved:

UPD: I see a lot of Overwatch players are enjoying role queue and I’m really happy about them. But for many people (like me) it’s hard to accept such fundamental changes. It’s a matter of time i guess…
UPD2: Thank you all so much for your support! It means so much for me and for people who also think 2-2-2 lock is unnecessary for Overwatch!
UPD3: Here’s official dev response about whole 2-2-2 lock situation:

Spoiler: It’s just a mess…

Agree/disagree? (I know you all disagree, but). Please feel free to share your thoughts about role queue (please don’t be toxic)!

74 Likes

I disagree, this thread debunked a lot of your arguments.

23 Likes

If your healers are bad, it’s because you’re bad. They have the same SR for healing as you do for whatever you’re doing.

56 Likes

The ranked matchmaking don’t work like this, this thread explain the MMR much better than I would.

5 Likes

More like when your DPS are bad, but yeah that is a negative. :man_shrugging:
Reason I don’t solo queue. :smile:

Bunker for now and Dive hasn’t reappeared as Winston has been forgotten and D.va was nerfed 6 feet under.

They need some adjusting yes.

Former Flex player and I’m fine with RQ.

3 Likes

“Plays 5 matches”
“Confirms disaster”

28 Likes

Well you beat me to that one, but that’s basically it.

1 Like

Wow okay this is really destroying some of my arguments. But i forgot to mention it’s still early to say 2-2-2 will destroy the game but i was so sad when i could not switch to support when our were bad (probably DPS trying to being healers)

2 Likes

I wouldn’t call a lot of what you see in that thread debunking imo…just counterpoint really

Plus some of what he says is not really arguable…#1 for example is a straight fact

5 Likes

My experience last night, though only 6 matches

Game was pretty much just halt hook, people trying the new hero, or people still stuck on old meta running rein zar.

Orisa/hog
Orisa/dva
Orisa/sigma
Rein/zar
Sigma/zar
Winston/sigma

I didnt really notice any dive being played, or if it was, it was far from noteworthy or a desparation swap.

1 Like

There will be always someone bad in your team. But there will be always someone bad in the others teams. Try to deal with it.
It’s by carrying your team that you earn more rank most of the time.

I agree on the fact that not being able to switch roles is sometime annoying. But at least you’re able to play what you’re good at or what you want.

Imagine not being able to play what you’re good at and flexing on a heroes/roles you’re bad at, it would be in my opinion much worst.

1 Like

We literally couldn’t leave our spawn (it was Numbani)

I will admit that I am extremely sad about Flex players no longer having a place within Overwatch, but that’s the price you pay when you ask for a system that forces a role selection.

3 Likes

It happen, but I don’t think this has any correlation with the new system.
There is a post about someone saying there was a small MMR reset, maybe it’s because of that.

I didnt read this wall of text but all i can say is that i was playing video game 20 years ago and MMR didnt exit in video game (as far as i know). You wanted to play you had to select a server then play with the players in it and game were really fun/challenging even without this MMR chimera.

I really get interested about MMR on Heroes of the storm (HOTS) and its basically ELO used in Chess… 1 V 1 game where its awsome. Its just a mess in team game

I know Blizzard kid dont like to talk about MMR reset because it mess rank for a couple of weeks/month but why do they reset MMR every season in Rainbow6 and it still work well ? LOL

4 Likes

Maybe
15 chars required

For not having to type 20 characters limit you can copy that. <asdfadfasdfasdfasdfafd> You need to copy both < >

Okay, thanks!
<asdfadfasdfasdfasdfafd>

2 Likes
uh. xD
1 Like

Disagree. 222 is a blessing, not a disaster. No more 5 DPS on my team who won’t play healer or tank or don’t know how to because the matchmaker didn’t make sure that they were able to before putting them on my team. I also think it adds more variety to the game and I have seen more variety in 222 than ever before. If you give players ultimate freedom in choosing their team comp, not only do they pick bad team comps (such as having 0 healers) but there will also be an ultimate team comp leading to mirrors every game, which was Goats. In 222 there is counterplay. If the enemy team has bunker, run dive, if the enemy team has dive, run deathball, if the enemy team has deathball, run bunker, it’s sort of rock paper scissors with 222 instead of “pick the best comp and win”

I’ve seen more Symmetras, Meis, Mercys, Torbs, Sombras and all the other niche heroes more then I ever did without 222

6 Likes