2-2-2 lock is a disaster and here's why [UPDATED]

That’s the point - they will repeat same process to stay outside of correct placements.

I know certain people, who derank on purpose to be able to solo carry games.

No, we PAID TO PLAY, then they changed what we paid for.

If you took away my car because it’s faster than my neighbours I would expect a refund.

It’s not my fault other players are weaker and unable to adapt to my strategy.

1 Like

That’s exactly what i was talking about. But now it’s seems Overwatch belong to Activision Blizzard, not it’s community so they making such controversial changes like 2-2-2 lock.

Only the weakest players complained, those willing to be team players just kept playing, strategising and flexing.

Now we are being penalised for being creative because of the weakest players complaining their play style is to weak to overcome the team players.

We are not all 10 years old.

3 Likes

Every composition can be overcome.

222 is about dumbing down the game for those who refuse teamwork in a TEAM BASED GAME.

4 Likes

I do miss the ability to switch around, at the same time it feels nice not being stuck with 4-5 dps some games (and yes it happened, even in Diamond).

I do wish the system was more like a soft lock with a cap on 3 for each role, but I guess people would cry that GOATS would still be possible (I think I played a GOATS comp like once or twice, but whatever). I’m totally fine with 3 dps if they synergize with the rest of the team.

1 Like

Crying about GOATS being possible is, essentially, crying about teamwork beating mechanical skill.

You may hate or like it, but GOATS remain most team-oriented comp, that didn’t rely on individual skill of someone to carry team to victory.

That is exactly how it supposed to be: enemy team got too much damage? Stack up healing and tanks until their damage no longer gives them any advantage.

2 Likes

I also don’t understand why more than 2 DPS/tanks/support automatically is a bad thing (It worked sometimes), but now people praising 2-2-2 lock so much.
But in the same time it’s nice to not have 4-5 DPS stack 90% of the times…

Because it allowed to counter skill via numbers.

1 Like

The ones that complained are flexers.

I flex, but can’t do it anymore because of role Lock.

4 Likes

In todays placements, i’m in games where both tanks are off tanks or neither tank seem to know what they’re doing, and i can’t switch to my tank to take over. Watching them fumble their shields is excruciating!

Change the commonly posted

“Right, so you switch to DPS and show them how it’s done?”

to

“Right, so you switch to Tank and show them how it’s done?”

and my answer would be “YES! Take the DPS, give me the tank! I’m sure the guy wouldn’t complain!”

Have patience. Eventually that flaw will be fixed as well, by matching together only heroes, that have synergy.

1 Like

No, they’ll just rework all the heroes so they all do the same thing so you don’t have to worry whether you’re missing something or there’s a lack of synergy of what have you.

I noticed there’s so many anti-role lock threads already. Looks like a lot of OW players aren’t happy about changes.

2 Likes

Let’s just say, that role lock exposed some flaws, that used to be covered or compensated.

1 Like

Now there’s an understatement…

The idea that any decent amount of players would switch roles because they are doing bad :rofl:

yet…players demand that other players they judge to be playing poorly switch to another character all the time, frequently, regularly

I can demand to become the King of England but it ain’t gonna happen.