2-2-2 has to be the worst experience ive ever had

Welcome to the console experience.

XBL games are about as vaguely coordinated as PTR 222 is right now. I had a hilarious instance last night as Orisa on Blizzard World (PTR) where a bunch of my gold teammates decided to retreat all the way to point A after the first fight instead of resuming defensive positions near the statue. I was still tanking near the statue and my team instead of rallying to me or providing support instead decided to just watch as I died without support. I then got flamed for having the audacity to hold the choke point instead of setting up on point and waiting for the enemy team of 6 to come in with full resources to contest the point. Naturally, as soon as I died the other 5 quickly followed suit without a tank to protect them because they were still scrambling to reposition against the incoming death ball.

My team wouldnā€™t even pressure the enemy spawn when they captured the payload and lost the second fight. Doomfist was trying to snipe with knuckle busters from behind Orisa Shield and flamed me for poor Shield positionā€¦Gold players are weird lol itā€™s like herding cats.

Play with your main tanks, kids. They probably know what theyā€™re doing, especially if they outclass you by 300-400 SR and are in a tier above you.

What, I already said iā€™m gold, mr. talks on an alt, itā€™s my wife thatā€™s high diamond. Hell, we donā€™t even know that thatā€™s you.

Until you find an argument that actually makes sense Iā€™m not going to bother with you.

And no, balance, 4 dps teams, etc, are not good arguments for taking away player choice. And you STILL havenā€™t given a good answer about why 6 stacks canā€™t role switch on the fly.

Arcade MMR is retarded, i constantly get put up against Diamond+'s as gold, you canā€™t get Achievements in arcade, and thereā€™s NO GUARANTEE it will stay permanent.

1 Like

My profile literally says Warwick-Warrior when you look at itā€¦an alt? Lmao

I had the same experience of facing Diamonds as a Gold in the current system already. Dunno thatā€™s going to change much. But by that logic you should also have Diamonds on your own team, too. Best thing to do is learn from them. I can understand itā€™s pretty frustrating when youā€™re just trying to unwind, though, so Iā€™ll concede that point to you.

Never really payed attention to the team composition when aiming for achievements, personally, but theyā€™re typically earned through your own skill, not othersā€™.

And if it isnā€™t permanent, then there will be people creating numerous Workshops to make it permanent. Blizzard makes questionable decisions all the time, but that one would be big enough to bleed their wallets. For that reason, I canā€™t see them making it a temporary mode, but only time will tell, I suppose.

Your profile is plat sir, try harder.

Just moving it to arcade will run people off honestly, but thereā€™s no point in arguing about that, we wonā€™t see that til months down the line.

They really should have just done 1-1-1 and 3 flex spots and just dealt with trolls from there, it doesnā€™t kill other functional team comps like this does, while still allowing mains to main and giving you some form of structure since you will never be without at least 1 tank and 1 healer which is where a lot of the problems lie.

Again, you people need to retire this ā€œargumentā€ that is disguised as another to say, ā€œmy team is bad and if it wasnā€™t for them Iā€™d be top 500.ā€

Like i saidā€¦

Overwatch tracker: Warwick-warrior

Diamond + every single season i played including the last season where I ended in plat and havenā€™t picked up the game since because of piss poor balance issues and goats.

At least i dont talk smack behind a private profile.

I mean, Iā€™ve told you Iā€™m gold multiple times, only reason my profile is private is ITā€™S THE DEFAULT and thereā€™s zero reason to change it.

If you dropped to Plat thatā€™s your fault not ā€œbalance and goatsā€, maybe you should play better. 2595 isnā€™t even dropping to plat, thatā€™s firmly planted in plat.

I get 3-5 dps on the regular on live soā€¦

They probably didnā€™t want to risk OWL switching from GOATS to just Sombra GOATS (which 1-1-1 would allow). But the balance changes have proved GOATS has some massive cracks in its armor now, so IDK. All I know is that solo-tanking/healing is fun on occasion, but every match would be a bit much.

OWL should NEVER been a factor in balancing the standard game. If they have problems in OWL they can make OWL based rules.

I donā€™t disagree, but Iā€™m not on the team that makes those decisions, so here we are.

1 Like

My anecdotal evidence doesnā€™t agree with your anecdotal evidence. But my anecdotal evidence supports not taking away player control.

Blizzard does this all the damn time though, itā€™s sad. In wow the balanced BfAā€™s Mythic + dungeons around the MDIā€¦

Itā€™s the ptr mate. Itā€™s toxic in the ptr

It gives control tho? Iā€™m a DPS main who finally gets to play DPS without feeling like a jerk whoā€™s negatively impacting my team or feeling as if Iā€™m not playing my role. That sounds like control to me for me to be able to pick my role with less downsides.

So you are ignoring 95% of my playtime and focusing on the season that I put in a whopping 7 whole hours into? Wow that is very intelligent, especially since I capped out at 3100 SR in that seasonā€¦lol

Wow, so high into diamond! notā€¦ thatā€™s still basically plat.