2-2-2 has to be the worst experience ive ever had

I honestly believe the teleporter change was a step in the right direction.

With things like turret bomb essentially being deleted from her play style, maybe the devs can focus on making her weapon more reliable.

Slightly longer M1 with a faster M2 and I feel she would be so strong.

Wow you get stuck in the role you personally select pre game, who knew?

How do you know dps times will be horrendous, have you seen or experienced this on the live servers?

Taking away player choice? You can literally choose whatever the hell you want to play before the game even starts.

Having a more refined set of parameters is a good thing for the game as it actually allows the developers to balance the game as they have a set amount of variables to work with every single game.

Player choice did not make the game better. Unless you found having 4 dps, 1 healer and 1 off tank type of games invigorating.

Again, most of your points are personal or simply hyperbolic BS like your asinine dps queue times will be insane with absolutely 0 evidence.

1 Like

You must be playing No-Limits 24/7 then.

I keep hearing this 4 dps thing and we barely ever see it, who’s being hyperbolic?

Keep bending over and let them take things from you I guess, just hope your butt doesn’t get too sore

I would, but just like classic QP in the future it keeps disappearing from arcade

And just to be clear i’m not against ROLE QUEUE, I’m against 2-2-2 role queue

Then why will dps queue times be insane?

I literally never saw anyone wanting a permanent No-Limits, more people want Total Mayhem for some reason.
No-Limits is a clownfest hence it lost popularity, QP classic will go down the same way.

1 Like

Because there’s still more people who WANT to play dps, but have to play a different role because other people picked first.

All they’ll see is, sweet, now I’m 100% playing DPS! you can already see on PTR that dps role is >10 min while the other 2 are <5

On live servers both of those numbers will be cut in half at least, so again whats the problem?

not everyone plays at usa.
stop assuming everyone shares your reality

What? No if anything they’ll get longer because more players, but most likely they’ll stay the same.

You are just pulling things out of your butt at this point. Btw you haven’t proven why 2-2-2 is even a good thing.

If they had done 1-1-1 with 3 flex slots I’d be all for it, but they went the pants on head retarded method of limiting all comp creativity.

Be prepared for bunker 24/7

or how bout explaining why a full 6 stack of consenting players can’t choose on the fly which roles they’re playing?

1 Like

Pretty much anything and everything being stated right now up and till it’s been live for a month or two can be written off as knee jerk reactions. The devs are attempting to solve a problem of stagnation for competitive play while still trying to keep things interesting overall.

Yes forcing a 2v2v2 does come with some downsides like limited creativity and it might force the devs to take a hard look at some heros again. But the point is no one is particularly happy with how things are at the moment and it’s become abundantly clear that simply changing heros performance isn’t enough to solve some of the inherent problems with the game.

Personally i’d have opted to go with a pick and ban system to solve the meta pick issue. But I doubt the devs are really happy about having to limit the gimmick the game is built around (aka hero switching on the fly.) This is probably their attempt at a compromise.

I’m interested to see how things play out but I don’t personally see this working out well in the long run unless the devs decide to go hard core into making roles by giving more depth to each hero. This would most certainly push the game away from it’s simplistic fps roots. But i’d welcome it.

1 Like

Yes I have, repeatedly.

1. Balance. Complete player choice and being able to switch at a whim and run any comp is why this game has had continual balance issues. Do you think the devs foresaw goats being a thing when they released brig? No, no one did until high level players found the comp and exploited the obvious balance issues that it caused. Having a set 2-2-2 gives the devs a standard amount of variables within the game to balance off of…pretty common sense.

2. Makes the online experience better in competitive. If you say you never had team comp issues in comp then you are lying, it is that simple. How is it fun to roll the dice on my team every game when they cannot even pick at least a semi sensible comp? How is it fun to queue up and you find out you randomly got put with 4 support mains on your team? Or you get put with a team that has nobody that plays tank at your level?

All that leads to is a super random experience filled with people that either a. Being forced to play something they never play at a skill level where they cannot play it effectively. Or b. Players saying F it and picking whatever they feel like they can carry with and just ruining the experience before it even begins.

I know the horror of people being able to pick what role they want to play in a more refined and balanced game terrifies you, but either get over it or move on.

The downside is so minimal that your arguments are marginal at best and down right petty at worst.

1 Like

OP dealt with some toxicity and decided to blame it on 222 lol.

Also mei and sym are great in 222

That’s a dev problem, not a player problem, they built a game built around switching like this and weren’t ready to get fast balancing out, their balancing is slower then molasses. 2-2-2 is just a copout and lazy way for them to help with balancing, which still won’t be balanced because blizzard never balances anything right, you need only look at 15 years of WoW for that.

You act like there still won’t be crappy groups, and honestly, yes I have had crappy groups but they are few and far between and more often the team is wrecked because some salty person does nothing but be toxic the whole match and bring morale down.

Neither of these are important enough to completely wreck player choice and every comp beyond 2-2-2.

You’re still going to get random groups, you’re still going to have bad experiences, just as many as before.

1-1-1 with 3 flex slots would have been miles better. And would solve your healer main and tank main thing.

Also, you never answered: Why force this on a 6 stack of consenting players, why force them to not be able to change role set up on the fly? If they had unlocked it for 6 stacks I’d just only play when my friends are on so we can still do actual interesting comps and not 2-2-2 and switch around as need be.

Thats because each mode, presumably, has its own mmr. SR =/= mmr either.

Chances are, you’re simply better at that arcade mode than you are at competitive play (or the inverse where theyre terrible at arcade and good at comp)

I mean, it makes 0 sense for lucioball to have matchmaking based on competitive rank. Same for ctf, and mystery heroes.

Yeah my first ptr match yesterday was the same i played Tank and 30 in on Eichenwalde the second tank scream at McCree change your s**t, he got as answer “Shut the F**** up” i instantly left voice chat.
I know with leaving vc i lower the chance of winning even more but realy after a work day i got no nerf to listen to two children screeching at each other.(from the voices they where older but every one behaving like this doesn’t deserv to be called an adult)
Just block and report or leave vc entirely don’t give them any atention they don’t
deserve.

But i take 2/2/2 over the bs the game is right now every day of the week and ptr
isn’t realy a good measurement of how 2/2/2 will play out.

1 Like

Oh no! Sym is useless. What ever shall i do now?
Celebrate… i shall now celebrate.

1 Like

honestly it doesnt even surprise me your a tank main at this point.
you all are just plain horrible, goody two shoes.
go back whining about brig- oh wait. the devs already listened to your crying, and made her useless at that. its so hard to be a tank main.

Stop acting like people should feel bad about nerfs to heroes that ruin the fun for for 80% of the hero cast. How about you a hero that requires at least half a brain to play instead of trying to cheese your way though all of the games?

Also, I find it funny how you try to role shame me while being too insecure to have an open profile yourself lol. Typical sym player… go play tower defense of something

2 Likes