180 šŸ”„ Degree Spin bug for Reinhardt and Brigitte (updated for v1.30 and videos)

In-case anyone here is not keeping an eye on the PTR I just started downloading another 1.28 patch and it appears we have been heard!!!

Bug Fixes

Brigitte

• Fixed a bug that caused Brigitte to abruptly change directions when she stopped holding her Barrier Shield

Reinhardt

• Fixed a bug that caused Reinhardt to abruptly change directions when he stopped holding his Barrier Field

He also has 5 other listed fixes to Charge and Earthshatter that I am too lazy to type out here (I cant manage to get my patch notes to copy/paste from the popup window). I encourage you all to check out these latest notes.

It should be said that I have not tested these out on the PTR, but I was so excited to see them that I had to post.

OP I see that you have done some 1.28 testing if you are still seeing these after yesterdays (8/29) patch let us know. Iā€™m not sure if I will get around to testing.

1 Like

Thanks for the update.
I will keep an eye for any reports on the PTR as well as test it myself.
Letā€™s hope itā€™s finally fixed.

People are reporting that this bug is still happening on the PTR, even after the supposed fix.

1.28 PTR video from Valandil AFTER THE FIX:

Bit late but for what itā€™s worth, hereā€™s my collection of highlights where I get flipped as brig:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUNth_PELjSDUu2LE2sP3XTI0zFPbxYTX

1 Like

Guess I should check forums more oftenā€¦ Glad to see this post, and glad to see that they at least know about this bug, but also sorry to hear that it isnā€™t just me since itā€™s a devastating bugā€¦

I donā€™t know if I can share video given that the game is slowly getting more and more impossible for me to even play regularly (had the whole game crash because my ā€œrendering device has been lostā€ earlier todayā€¦).

If I can get the game working again, Iā€™ll see if I can get some highlights of the bug. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll see it again if I play.

What a sad day guys, apparently the changes mentioned below did not make it to the live servers and were REMOVED from the patch notes, so it seems they havenā€™t been fixed. As a bonus they are not even listed as known bugs in the 1.28 bug section notes.

Continuing the discussion from Overwatch PTR Patch Notes ā€“ August 29, 2018:

The bugs are currently still live in 1.28.01

Please post in my thread here as well, to bump and get answers from the devs:

1 Like

somewhat relieved to know im not the only one with this issue. but sad it hasnt been fixed yetā€¦

It happened to me multiple times again on the live 1.28.01 patch.
Iā€™m going to upload more videos later on.
If anyone else has new videos/highlights after the patch, you can upload them on gfycat.com , post them here and I will add them to the main post.

Thank goodness, I thought I was going crazy.

I also thought it was mouse sensitivity, and when that didnā€™t help I thought it was the jank set up I play Overwatch on (I have a macbook air, I play via Bootcamp).

To my memory I think Iā€™ve also had 90 degree turns as well, but it has been a while since Iā€™ve played my main, mostly playing mystery heroes lately. But I guess thereā€™s some solace in knowing the shield is connected, so I guess I can learn to work around it, maybe.

Hopefully they address this, I may not be the best Reinhardt main but if I fail I want my failures to be my own.

Had it happen 4 times in 1 game tonight. Try to turn 90 to go in a door and you run in a totally different direction. Very very disorienting to say the least. It happens at least 1 in 3 games since the patch update today.

Returned in the game after a year and found my favorite character bugged like never before. I have the same shield problems and now found a video on youtube with the same glitch from 1jan 2017 !!! I suppose it will be easier to main another character then waiting the fix, my new main is Mercy. Bye Rein I will miss you

Bump. If you guys have new videos/highlights concerning this bug, please upload it on gfycat.com or youtube.com , link it here and i will add it to the main post.

Bump again until this is fixed or noticed by the devs.

Gonna bump this for OP, as I get this very frequently as Brigitte.

Added new videos and links to reports for after v1.28.
Still not fixed on PTR v1.29

1 Like

So they mentioned it being fixed on the PTR but then it never got patched into the actual game. Itā€™s not even on the known issues list, despite the fact that they acknowledged it before.
If itā€™s an issue theyā€™re having trouble fixing, imo they could at least be transparent about it and not just pretend like it doesnā€™t exist? Iā€™m thoroughly confused by what theyā€™re trying to do here.
Rein and Brigitte are still pretty unplayable for me because of this bug.

1 Like

Please, Jeff or whoever actually takes note of these threads: FIX THIS. It makes my favourite hero virtually unplayable. Itā€™s become a 50/50 risk of me spinning around 180 degrees every time I Firestrike, putting my very large target of a back to the enemy.

I came out of spawn on the Busan Sanctuary map earlier today shield hopping (as you do) and hit my Charge button to get back into the action, only to swivel 90 degrees to the right and almost charge off the cliff because of this bug. Today alone itā€™s happened to me countless times. I canā€™t Firestrike low targets running away; I canā€™t Firestrike that Riptire thatā€™s headed for the team; I canā€™t effectively shield hop. The list goes on.

I donā€™t understand why it was on the PTR as being a bug fix and didnā€™t even get fixed. Not only that, but itā€™s not being fixed on this most recent PTR patch either. I never use the forums, but for this I had to.

Please please please Fix Reinhardt. (and Brigitte too, I guess.)

2 Likes

Watching these hurts my soul.

Hey, I caught a few highlights earlier that I wanted to share that I uploaded to gyfcat, but apparently Iā€™m not allowed to post links?

Post the links using the blockquote " symbol on the text editor.