180 šŸ”„ Degree Spin bug for Reinhardt and Brigitte (updated for v1.30 and videos)

I just came back to Overwatch after taking a break for about a year. I just started playing with friends last night and had a blast with Brigitte for a few rounds. Once I really started to understand her moves and play her like a shield healer I started to get the spin bug extremely bad. The first thing I did was throw away my used mouse pad and broke out a new one thinking it was the laser jumping around on my dirty pad. Later, I continued seeing this bug just as much as before. I cleaned my mouse thinking again it was on my end. To no avail I continue having this bug so much it has made my play time extremely frustrating, to the point I started looking up the problem just to make sure it wasnā€™t my mouse going bad. After looking at these threads about this bug I am thinking this bug may never be fixed, which is a real shame considering I quit playing because of bugs and glitches like this in the past. Please fix the shield spin bug or at least let the players know you are looking into it. I really wanted to come back to a fun game, but the more it frustrates me, like the bugs did the last time I quit I will probably quit playing for good this time.

edit
As you can see I donā€™t really like to complain, considering this is my one and only post for Overwatch. This problem is game breaking and should at least be acknowledged.

4 Likes

I just had this happen to me today, and got another clip.

ā€œBugged Shatter 18-10-17 00-25-57 GIF | Gfycatā€

Updated with some new reports and videos.

If you guys can, please like the first post as much as possible, so that it remains as an orange colored number at the main bug page and the devs maybe can notice it.

Oh my gosh Im glad Im not the only one with this problem! This can be really frustrating sometimes.

I donā€™t think that theyā€™ll ever fix it, this has been around since launch. Itā€™s also sad because out of the 3 comp matches ive played this week Iā€™ve lost 4 shatters to this bug

Itā€™s been 3months since this report, iā€™m debating whether i should even bother updating this post anymore.

We have one of the highest viewed post in the bug section, with a ridiculous amount of evidence and reports of this bug happening to a lot of people, yet they donā€™t even recognize this as a bug.

Itā€™s never mentioned in the known bugs official post and itā€™s ignored for whatever reason.

In the almighty words of Commander Peter Quincy Taggartā€¦ Never give up, never surrender.

I have hope that theyā€™ll get to it eventually, so long as weā€™re persistent.

Okay- first im so sorry, my engglish is bad

BUT! i spoke with my MVP in my forum (polish forum) And he told me ā€˜remove this problem is not easy at all, they need more time beacuse maybe this bug cause other problemsā€™

sooā€¦ we will wait for a long time

Anyway it is strange to me, bc this bug was ā€˜fixedā€™ in PTR in 30 Augustā€¦
(or they wrote ā€˜hey we fixed itā€™ but they dont XD)

This bug has existed ever since Season 1, i think they had plenty of time to fix it.
3 years is not enough?

damnā€¦ i not even thought that bug is in game so longā€¦ first time I met this in this summer

but i agree with you, I have no patience anymore

From the past few days Iā€™ve been playing, it feels like this bug is getting worse before it gets better. Almost every time I drop shield now, Iā€™m spun backwards.

Heck, I even had a game where, as Brigitte, my shield broke, and I got spun 180.

Iā€™ll try to gather some clips if I can (or remember to hit f9 in time :stuck_out_tongue: ).

2 Likes

Added some new reports.

I am a new player and I get extremely frustrated when I Earthshatter and the game 180s me and it completely misses, canā€™t believe its been around this long and it hasnā€™t been fixed. Hopefully this post is acknowledged.

1 Like

This bug, out of every one I have experienced in this game, is by far the most annoying and most frustrating one that I have come across. Sadly I have no evidence to provide because my computer canā€™t record and play the game at the same time. However, I can say that this bug is ruining the game for me and what I assume are a lot of other people too. I really hope blizzard is aware of this.

1 Like

hope they fix this bug next patch.

This bug has been out since the release of overwatch. So 3years?
This bug is not included in the blizzard known bug section, which means they havenā€™t acknowledged this as a bug, despite this megathread and the countless reports and video evidence that we have provided.

I doubt they will ever fix it.

Still having this issue even after the new patch.

I just started experiencing this issue a couple patches ago. Iā€™ve tried both pressing and not pressing certain buttons and control sticks while putting down the shield, but my input doesnā€™t seem to affect whether the bug happens or not. It is incredibly frustrating.

Whatever the problem is, I donā€™t think itā€™s related to my own physical equipment, since there is no equivalent issue on other non-shield heroes (which I would expect to see if the problem is IRL with me and not in the game itself).

Played a bit of Rein a while back and I got it there too (firestrike on my team) for the first time.

Iā€™m not sure why this isnā€™t being addressed but maybe itā€™s because they canā€™t reliably reproduce the bug. Perhaps Gyro is right, people reporting it happens to them should also state:

• Platform (PC/Console and which one)
  • Average framerate and if itā€™s capped
  • Average ping and if it varies
  • sensitivity/dpi (just in case it has an effect on the amount of flip)

maybe thereā€™s a pattern even if it still happens at higher framerates etc.

Iā€™m on PC, capped at 30fps and ping is between 60-80ms (EU). The only consistent control bugs I get is this brig/rein shield flip and the mercy/torb weapon swap bug (where you swap but it doesnā€™t register)

sensitivity is 20 at 400 dpi. I was under the impression that on my previous higher sensitivity flips were about 180 degrees and now theyā€™re closer to 90 degrees but I was flipped as Rein 180 degrees on the earthshatter case and this was with my new lower sensitivity.

There may be a link to playing at lower than 60FPS, so i have updated my conclusion.
It seems to happen more often to players playing at lower FPS.
Given that it happens on consoles as well that are capped at 30FPS, I think blizzard should start bug testing with the game capped at 30FPS.

Having said that, there are players that have reported it happening despite playing at higher FPS, so this is not conclusive.