180 šŸ”„ Degree Spin bug for Reinhardt and Brigitte (updated for v1.30 and videos)

Iā€™ve been having this issue for a month or two now with Brigitte, and itā€™s made her borderline unplayable unfortunately.
Thereā€™s been a number of times where Iā€™ve shield bashed off a cliff because the game randomly spun me around to face it instead of the enemy, or where the enemy can straight-up kill me because suddenly my shield isnā€™t facing the right way.
Iā€™m at least glad to know that Iā€™m not the only one experiencing this though, since most people seem to not believe me when I complain about it :stuck_out_tongue:
Hopefully a fix comes out soon!

I CANā€™T TELL YOU HOW MANY TIMES THIS HAPPENS TO ME. I could be playing comp as rein and firestrike the complete wrong way when holding my shield up to the enemy. Iā€™ve also been yelled at by teammates for earthshattering the wrong way and costing us the game.
And Brigitte, oh boy do I hate it when this bug happens to me with her. Hey, thereā€™s a tracer Iā€™m going to bash her! Psyche, youā€™re not lol better luck next time.
Itā€™s come to a point where Iā€™m hesitant to even play these heroes anymore with this bug. @bliz PLEASE fix this Iā€™m tired not having fun playing my favorite heroes.

bumping, this is a critical issue that hasnā€™t been addressed for a very long time

Bump until this gets fixed or gets reported to the devs.

Looks like it happens on slow PCā€™s only (not sure what must be slow, cpu or gpu), and you turning to way you go (so 180 turn happens when you press S and use ability/ult).

Never happen to me since I have really fast PC, and I bet this should not happen if you just press W when you use ability/ult. My friend confirmed that it happens in his games (he have really bad GPU now) and also he turning to the way he goes most of time.

There are way too many reports of this bug happening after 1.26 patch and Iā€™m sure itā€™s happening to a lot more people that donā€™t visit the forums.
Before that it was a very rare occurrence so I donā€™t think it has anything to do with the speed of cpu/gpu.
If those are slow, then you would be losing frames or something, this is a bug happening between the transition from holding the shield to non-holding shield camera view.

It has nothing to do with holding W or S, itā€™s happening when you are holding your shield and either use an ability, the shield breaks or you let the shield go, all actions leading to you changing from holding shield to non holding shield (normal) camera view.
The game is not transitioning to the correct angle.

I have a feeling you didnā€™t read the main post.

Hey Blizzard, I found the right post this time. Iā€™m a Rein main so I know my fps drops and ping lags but this bug is completely throwing me off my normal position. Whenever Iā€™m holding my shield and release to use my skills or just to attack, I turn 180 degrees. I get so dizzy after playing my normal session of overwatch. Iā€™ve never had problems with Rein before and I only play him so can you please fix him? I want to play overwatch but this bug is really annoying meā€¦ especially since my teammates dont understand why Iā€™m shattering them instead of our enemiesā€¦ haihā€¦ thanks for reading and hope you can fix it!

Added new reports to the links section.

I have the same issue. Kusanagi suggested it happens on slow PC, it may be true : I have a good GPU but a weak CPU so my game gets laggy during teamfights.

Iā€™m not sure about CPU/GPU effecting it, although I use a non gaming laptop and have to use minimum settings to keep my FPS above 25. I do feel like the direction you are moving may have something to do with it though. More than once I have been strafing left when I drop shield and got turned left, or backing up when I ult and thatā€™s when I ult my team.

I donā€™t usually pay enough attention to tell if this is consistently the case because it happens randomly and I havenā€™t watched the videos closely enough either.

I had the bug happened both moving forward and backwards and sideways.
However it only happens when you have your shield up and try to do something else and the game tries to switch from shield camera view to non-shield normal view.

Watch some of the videos and you will understand.

Iā€™ve had it just by releasing my shield. Although that is usually a 90 degree turn vs the 180s you get by using Flame Strike/Earthshatter. For me Iā€™m usually turned in the direction Iā€™m going if it happens just dropping shield. Using an ability might be a different story.

The fact that this isnā€™t easily replicated and seems to act differently in different situations or on different system builds might be part of why we cant get any blue attention. Not that knowing that makes me any happier about it. I main shield tanks and I hate that this is almost forcing me into playing Orisa.

If you read my original post you will see that it happens when you switch from holding shield view to non-holding shield view both using abilities and just letting it go or if it breaks.
Basically anything that forces the camera view to change.
However it seems to happen at random.

Oh my God I thought I was the only one, about bought a new mouse

No, youā€™re definitely not alone.

In-case anyone here is not keeping an eye on the PTR I just started downloading another 1.28 patch and it appears we have been heard!!!

Bug Fixes

Brigitte

• Fixed a bug that caused Brigitte to abruptly change directions when she stopped holding her Barrier Shield

Reinhardt

• Fixed a bug that caused Reinhardt to abruptly change directions when he stopped holding his Barrier Field

He also has 5 other listed fixes to Charge and Earthshatter that I am too lazy to type out here (I cant manage to get my patch notes to copy/paste from the popup window). I encourage you all to check out these latest notes.

It should be said that I have not tested these out on the PTR, but I was so excited to see them that I had to post.

OP I see that you have done some 1.28 testing if you are still seeing these after yesterdays (8/29) patch let us know. Iā€™m not sure if I will get around to testing.

1 Like

Thanks for the update.
I will keep an eye for any reports on the PTR as well as test it myself.
Letā€™s hope itā€™s finally fixed.

People are reporting that this bug is still happening on the PTR, even after the supposed fix.

1.28 PTR video from Valandil AFTER THE FIX:

Bit late but for what itā€™s worth, hereā€™s my collection of highlights where I get flipped as brig:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUNth_PELjSDUu2LE2sP3XTI0zFPbxYTX

1 Like