15 minute suspension after comp server crash

Server crashes with “The server closed due to an unexpected error.” error, forces whole group to disconnect, another error pops up “Error starting game, trying again.” and then gives us 15 minute leaver’s suspension.

Server closing/crashing is nothing out of the ordinary (unfortunately) but the real issue is the 15 minute suspension me and my group got for something out of our control. I am afraid to play ranked in fear of de-ranking/longer suspension times because of Blizzard Server side issues out of my control.

This has only happened to me and a group of friends once but quick google search shows this has been happening since and/or during Oct 2022. Is this happening to anyone else?

3 Likes

Yes I am at a 20 hour ban now from server crashes.

2 Likes

that’s scary to hear I’m sorry that happened. both me and another groupmate only deranked a level after the 15 min suspension because of this, I cant imagine what your rank looks like ):

1 Like

yep, that’s happening with me too. i am at a 30 min ban

1 Like

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. I’ve linked the competitive bugs megathread at the bottom of this post, which archives and documents almost every competitive bug. I’ve compiled a list of similar posts regarding similar bugs under: False Suspension And Ban. Please help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads regarding these issues.