15-20 Minute Queues on DPS... In Plat

This Beta competitive season has been really unforgiving to me, I’ve had to wait sooo long, for me to find a match, to the point where it’s caused me to start playing other games more often than I would Overwatch, which I don’t want to, but I don’t want to wait 15-20 minutes for a single match. Dead by Daylight’s killer queues are shorter than Overwatch’s DPS queues at this point!

Mind you, I’ve been playing my share of tank and support, as I find a match nearly instantly, but I don’t get the same satisfaction from playing those roles as I do Damage. I hope these queues get fixed, I just want to go back to playing this game for hours on end instead of getting bored and going to DBD or For Honor.

Don’t tell me to swap off Widow,
Coolbreeze

7 Likes

First of all congratulations your skills, they are so good you have hard time finding match. Second of all they work on it, so you might see improvments in season 18. And last but not least I would fallow advice and find queuing buddy.

7 Likes

Am I really that high though? I placed barely below diamond, so I figured I’d be exempt from this paragraph.

I gave this a shot in the form of LFG, but as it turns out nobody like a Widow main :man_shrugging:

Coolbreeze

2 Likes

No one likes one tricks*

4 Likes

Good to know, so what’s their problem with me then?

Coolbreeze

1 Like

If you’re not a onetrick then the issue isn’t cause you’re Widow main. I can’t tell you how happy i’d be if i could duo with one lol

Here’s a trick to deal with long queue times

“alt+Tab”

1 Like

“OMG this guy mains Widow” (gets kicked). I dunno, pretty straightforward, but considering how quick you were to call me a one trick with a negative connotation attached to it is telling and, unfortunately, expected.

I tried this and Bill Gates came out of my Xbox and slapped me.

Coolbreeze

10 Likes

They might paint truth in optimistic colors but I guess it fits your description then. I would take it as compliment. Or sign of Overwatch bleeding players like crazy.

I guess she have it hard in double shield times. You might find someone if you look long enought.

I never called you a one trick. I said that people don’t like one tricks doesn’t matter which one so if you are not a one trick then that wasn’t directly aimed at you. Also, i literally edited saying i’d be happy to duo with a Widow main because i’d be able to make her enough space so she could play free and pop off. Widow = pressure from far + me = pressure from CQC so the team would have to put resources to stop you which would make me able to make even more space.

Chances are you’re getting avoided- that’s why Queues are long

1 Like

Wouldn’t Platinum contain the largest playerbase for Competitive though? :thinking:
Despite how well I perform on the hero, I still get hate so I wouldn’t be surprised if people avoided me. I also really enjoy how people assume I’m only playing Widowmaker instead of taking the literal seconds to look up my heroes played.

Coolbreeze

I also really love how you’re ignoring pretty much all my messages just cause i said only one tricks get hate and not specifically widow mains but you got hurt cause you thought i was talking to you lol

When you get avoided you still tend to get longer queue times regardless of how many people did it I think. There’s even an in-game warning if you get avoided too much. Also Widowmaker isn’t going to work well in the current state of the game and I really don’t know about your bio telling people you won’t swap

The distribution was thus in February 2018:

2 Likes

Gimmie a sec while I check my bio where it says I refuse to swap.

Seems pretty high to me!

Coolbreeze

2.7K isn’t high- that post was talking about Masters and GM, this person’s rank is the 2nd most populated in the game (Plat)

1 Like

Nothing is wrong with the queues, its all for the “better good”, nothing bad happens under 222, you cant complain! haha … right guys?
… right , RIGHT GUYS ? :confounded:

Apparently you can complain about the most extreme outlier in Competitive, which is 4-5 DPS but when you complain about a real problem that affects ANYONE who queues as DPS, you can get trashed. No double standards at all.

4 Likes

The DPS queue times are only bad if you solo queue. Even if you duo DPS someone you’ll find matches way faster than solo queue.

It’s not perfect, but I’m trying to work with it. At the end of the day, I just want my queue times not as crazy as they are now, which like I said it’s beta, everything is still in testing. I hope that with this beta they get it all sorted out during the next official comp season.

Coolbreeze