1.45 Workshop PTR

This first thing you should do is make sure you don’t have any infinite loops! That is a potential risk along with the new features that have been added (we’ll be making a post regarding that soon). Besides that, if you think there’s an actual issue that’s reproducible, feel free to upload your script and we can look into it!

3 Likes

When you say “Infinite loop” do you mean long loops in general?

There’s a post coming very soon that should be helpful. Stay tuned!

2 Likes

The same gamemode as I pasted before (new code in case previous one doesn’t work J2H51) is still not working however the issue is different. The gamemode has 6 independent rules that check whether players are within the radius of the values in the array Global Variable(CorrectSpheres). For whatever reason, these rules no longer activate at all and I cannot find a reason as to why.

The rules are titled as Test Within Radius of Correct (x Solution) (where x is the value in the array tested) and are found ~two thirds down.

Edit: It appears the condition Is Players Within Radius == True no longer works in this version.

Seems to be a workshop bug in ptr ver.1.45 when i was testing my existing workshop game. Pick up one orb doesn’t add the score by 1, it adds the orbs score by 270.

Due to the bug, the match has ended quickly because the workshop game’s goal score is 200.

Share code (ver. 1.03) - b6y89

One of the rules from the share code above works fine since live ver.1.44, but buggy in ptr ver.1.45:

rule("Allow orbs to picked up + Add team score (rule by Jarno + Mareaucanard) [fixed collecting problem]")
{
	event
	{
		Ongoing - Each Player;
		All;
		All;
	}

conditions
	{
		Is True For Any(Global Variable(OrbPositions), Compare(Distance Between(Current Array Element, Position Of(Event Player)), <, 3))
			== True;
		Is Alive(Event Player) == True;
	}

actions
	{
		Wait(0.016, Abort When False);
		disabled Small Message(Null, Custom String("Find orb that we are in reach of", Null, Null, Null));
		Set Player Variable(Event Player, IndexOfOrbToPickup, Index Of Array Value(Global Variable(OrbPositions), First Of(Sorted Array(
			Global Variable(OrbPositions), Distance Between(Current Array Element, Position Of(Event Player))))));
		disabled Small Message(Null, Custom String("Remove orb from array & game", Null, Null, Null));
		Destroy Effect(Value In Array(Global Variable(OrbEntities), Player Variable(Event Player, IndexOfOrbToPickup)));
		Play Effect(Event Player, Buff Explosion Sound, White, Event Player, 1);
		Modify Global Variable(OrbPositions, Remove From Array By Index, Player Variable(Event Player, IndexOfOrbToPickup));
		Modify Global Variable(OrbEntities, Remove From Array By Index, Player Variable(Event Player, IndexOfOrbToPickup));
		disabled Small Message(Null, Custom String("Pickup the orb", Null, Null, Null));
		Modify Player Variable(Event Player, NumberOfOrbsPickedUp, Add, 1);
		Skip If(Compare(Team Of(Event Player), ==, Team 2), 2);
		Modify Team Score(Team 1, Add(Team Score(Team 1), 1));
		Skip(1);
		Modify Team Score(Team 2, Add(Team Score(Team 2), 1));
		disabled Big Message(Event Player, Custom String("You haved picked up {0} orbs", Player Variable(Event Player, NumberOfOrbsPickedUp), Null,
			Null));
	}
}

Is this where your problem lies? You are modifying it, not setting it, so adding the team score to one is basically doubling it with an added one.

It works fine in live ver. 1.44.
Pick up one orb = +1 point to orb score

But in ptr ver. 1.45:
Pick up one orb = +270 points to orb score

I’ve found another bug. Ray cast hit player doesn’t work for me anymore. On live servers it does what it’s suppose to do but on the ptr it doesn’t activate. But for the most part you guys fixed a lot of the bugs and my stuff works as intended

Here’s a fun bug: I have a rule that triggers on “Is Using Ability”, and the actions for it starts with a Wait. It only works correctly the first time, but can be fixed by deleting the Wait action or putting an action before the Wait action (even if it’s disabled). So, seems like it might be a bug for rules that start with a Wait action…?

Here’s the code: JZA5N

If you join Team 1 and fire a concussive blast, you’ll see it properly spawns a red sphere each time. However, if you delete the first disabled action in rule 3 (I put a comment on it), using concussive blast only spawns a red sphere the first time.

EDIT: Came up with a simplified repro. I have a Wait(0.15, Ignore Condition), a Create HUD Text, and a Wait(5, Restart When True) in a rule that fires when the player uses their primary fire. If the player uses their primary fire during the 5 second Wait, the rule breaks and doesn’t create HUD text anymore. However, it acts correctly if a disabled “Enable Inspector Recording” rule is added before the first Wait.

Workshop code: W79K9

Another, which I’m assuming is a bug? If I have an EACH PLAYER rule that destroys, creates, and then stores HUD text, the HUD text appears to get destroyed by that destroy call, when I’d expect the destroy call to not affect text stored after it was called.

Here’s the code:

actions
{
	Destroy HUD Text(Player Variable(Event Player, A));
	Create HUD Text(All Players(All Teams), String("Alert", Null, Null, Null), Null, Null, Left, 0, White, White, White,
		Visible To and String, Default Visibility);
	Set Player Variable(Event Player, A, Last Text ID);
}

And here’s a workshop code with just those actions, in case that’s easier: B75MH

Wait did the update come out? I saw a thing regarding maintenance on 7-8 pst (To my memory), but it’s gone, so I assume OW got updated somehow. I don’t understand time variations, so I’m asking.

So console doesn’t get these maps? I’m looking at the live game right now and I don’t see the maps anywhere I’ve turned it to skirmish and nothing, please explain?

I assume its on ptr, unavailable to console.

Naw the sym buff is live isn’t that the same patch?