1.45 Workshop PTR

This is probably the best update Workshop has seen so far, and I am infinitely grateful for the features that have been added, melee and reload options were long requested, and I was waiting for improvements to the workshop inspector. I was even pondering healing modifications, which I never expected to see the same week I was thinking of them. The optimizations for server load are great as well, my gamemodes had often crashed constantly. But, I feel that the “is quick melee-ing” and “is reloading” conditions have been overlooked. If you are doing anything that prevents you from quick-meleeing or reloading, or are stunned, these conditions will still register a button press through those instances (sometimes that’s a great thing but other times, not so much.) This new update was a great improvement, but I feel that those are some valuable features in order to not have to check if the player is CC-ed, dead, or not able to melee/reload constantly.

3 Likes

You can try with effects, but it might very well look quite messy…

Right now a very good Idea came to my mind. yes I can use sphere effects and put a large HUD text on every piece. but If the player wants to move a piece, the effect will be replaced by a dummy bot. both for the attacker and victim. so except me to create chess for workshop :slight_smile: (but it would be so good if there wasn’t this limitation :frowning:

1 Like

Have you any plans or even just considered adding a way of putting solid obstacle in gamemodes. The new maps are just asking for it :laughing:
I think it would be pretty awesome! The update is still huge, thank you for that.

2 Likes

Is there any place to switch heroes after entering map?

In the future, would it be possible to add more button options? “Equip Weapon X” and “Next/Previous Weapon” would be extremely useful since those are already unused for most characters.

1 Like

Are you aware that you can copy workshop code and paste it as plain text?

Yes, but I want to be able to edit that code (in an in game text editor, or a file on my hard drive) and then upload it back into my workshop mode.

Woah overpy looks awesome!

I’m still confused as to how your script would get pushed back up via the overwatch client, though. Is there a way to paste into the workshop?

Edit: ah I found the answer here Help with Code Integration
That’s pretty sweet, thanks for the insight and for making overpy!
I’m gonna start digging into it now :smile:

We’ve identified and fixed several bugs pertaining to variables, flow control, hero abilities, and the editor. Our next step is to test the codes that everyone has been posting to ensure that we’ve fixed them. We hope to push these changes to PTR within a few days. I’ll keep you guys updated.

6 Likes

Thank you for the response, happy to hear that you guys are making progress :smiley:

can’t we use negative slots for bot?

is it possible for u add way to create objects like bob, ana sleep and other non-player entity? And can u add function to make players in ffa be teammate? and any way to change heroes basic stats? (cd, rearm time etc)

2 Likes

Yea i would also like to see like a add projectile function that lets u put certain hero projectiles in locations and stuff. I want them to add hero cooldowns too in the workshop idk y we can’t change cds from the workshop

Yes you can but the maximum number of dummy bots is 12

Negative slots still count positively, as you’re unable to double the amount of players on a team using dummy bots.

I really want Workshop to be able to create non-hero entities too, like Bob, Torbjorn Turret, Sym Teleporter and turrets, Winston shield, and basically all deployables.

Will we see some more sound effects added (even basic ones?) just to use for games and hero designs?
Mostly asking because there are only 6 or so as far as I know and they’re very limiting.
Thanks for your hard work!

As Dan posted here: New 1.45 PTR build, we have a new 1.45 build currently up on the PTR. This new update should fix many issues you all have been encountering. Please test your creations here and let us know if you still encounter any issues!

2 Likes

What is one or more recommendations to fight server load crashing after the update? Should I disable inspector?