:exclamation::exclamation::exclamation::exclamation::exclamation::exclamation:

Thank you for Subroutines

3 Likes

:fork_and_knife: workshop blog post :fork_and_knife:

1 Like

The angels of Blizzard listened!
Sounds like most excellent update, thank you

1 Like

Holy cow, these changes all sound amazing. I’m always on the lookout for Workshop changes in the patch notes, and this update addresses a lot of the pain points I’ve previously experienced. Thanks for all the hard work! I’m excited to go make more stuff! :hammer_and_wrench:

6 Likes

Yea i have a gamemode with custom abilities and a lot of my abilities do not work anymore, like some beam textures don’t show up and some of them dont delete. And some of my expanding spheres don’t change colors. There’s a lot of bugs with this workshop update

Thank you!

finally !

2 Likes

Here are my codes that aren’t working as they should: 3AZN3 and YZD1Z

All of it is custom abilities and such like some effects don’t get deleted, some parts of the code just don’t work anymore. Some of my things do what they’re suppose to but don’t have any visual affect for it. There’s a lot of stuff and i’m not sure i can identify them all

3 Likes

Thanks for the codes! We may have questions for you, so please check back over the next day or so.

5 Likes

Ok will do, thank you for replying

2 Likes

PV4X3 has suddenly broke in this new PTR patch. As far as I can see, the rule Kill Players Who Are Not In Correct Spheres will not activate at all.

(There is a secondary bug where the redacted message appears round 1 but that’s cause of my fault).

So i’ve been testing a lot of stuff, it seems that variables are not saving entities to be later destroyed, because a lot of my visuals like spheres and orbs are not being destroyed when they are suppose to. and one of my abilities that apply an impulse near the closest enemy and it just doesn’t at all. So i don’t really know what you guys changed but what ever you changed it’s breaking like all my gamemodes

Devs, any thoughts on allowing PC users to upload or edit a workshop script as a text file?
I have trouble muddling through the workshop editor sometimes and I really would like the option to just write code instead. I was wondering if you have ever considered exposing the generated language behind the editor and maybe give us a more formal API doc?
This would also make collaborating with others on a workshop mode way easier!

1 Like

Thank u! Finaly i can remove 50/120 rules which i used like if/while/for!!! I love this patch. i got overload cause this count of useless rules

1 Like

Devs, any thoughts on allowing PC users to upload or edit a workshop script as a text file?
I have trouble muddling through the workshop editor sometimes and I really would like the option to just write code instead. I was wondering if you have ever considered exposing the generated language behind the editor and maybe give us a more formal API doc?
This would also make collaborating with others on a workshop mode way easier!

You can use the “copy” button then paste in a text editor, this is thankfully already done (and allows for the creation of high-level languages).

Speaking of it, I have some work to do for overpy… thanks magz :smiley:

3 Likes

Thank you so much for this huge update. now we can make better workshop games :slight_smile:

When I saw that Workshop island map, an Idea came to my mind to create chess in workshop but unfortunately we can’t add dummy bots more than the available slots. so if you consider removing this limitation in the future, we can make some complex game modes like chess. It would be soo fun.
But anyway thank you for this huge update. you have no Idea how much fun we had in workshop custom games :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is probably the best update Workshop has seen so far, and I am infinitely grateful for the features that have been added, melee and reload options were long requested, and I was waiting for improvements to the workshop inspector. I was even pondering healing modifications, which I never expected to see the same week I was thinking of them. The optimizations for server load are great as well, my gamemodes had often crashed constantly. But, I feel that the “is quick melee-ing” and “is reloading” conditions have been overlooked. If you are doing anything that prevents you from quick-meleeing or reloading, or are stunned, these conditions will still register a button press through those instances (sometimes that’s a great thing but other times, not so much.) This new update was a great improvement, but I feel that those are some valuable features in order to not have to check if the player is CC-ed, dead, or not able to melee/reload constantly.

3 Likes

You can try with effects, but it might very well look quite messy…

Right now a very good Idea came to my mind. yes I can use sphere effects and put a large HUD text on every piece. but If the player wants to move a piece, the effect will be replaced by a dummy bot. both for the attacker and victim. so except me to create chess for workshop :slight_smile: (but it would be so good if there wasn’t this limitation :frowning:

1 Like

Have you any plans or even just considered adding a way of putting solid obstacle in gamemodes. The new maps are just asking for it :laughing:
I think it would be pretty awesome! The update is still huge, thank you for that.

2 Likes

Is there any place to switch heroes after entering map?