13 nerfs aint "in a good spot"

Stop counting nerfs.

Doing small nerfs repeatedly, to see how the hero changes over time and to avoid overshooting balanced and going into underpowered, is a valid strategy.

1 Like

Tbf, a great number of people complained about the previous approach of huge nerfs dropping at once for a long time. It’s only been until recently (in relation to the age of the game) that this approach of more frequent and smaller nerfs have been taking place. I see this as a positive thing.

The number of nerfs, or buffs, or anything like that, are irrelevant. 1 nerf can dumpster a hero just as well as 50 nerfs can. 30 nerfs can still not dumpster a hero, or in this case 13 or 14 or whatever. The number of nerfs are completely meaningless as there is no inherent value to a nerf, all that matters is the resulting balance.

-10hps can be done in 1 nerf. Or, we can have 10 nerfs of -1hps. The resulting balance is the same, the number is irrelevant.

2 Likes

And smaller the nerfs, the better. A small change can do a lot.

I must go now. Discussing things is so much fun! I will see you later. Thanks for filling us in about all the SR issues.

1 Like

Res on E is literally the worst. Teamfights last twice as long now just because of mercys mere presence. This was never an issue before res on E.

She doesnt even do anything to earn ir, its just free every 30 seconds.

1 Like

I’m gonna have to admit something here. I honestly think that, being able to rez a full team, could benefit the Overwatch community. I guess I’ve trained myself to just see one side and argue accordingly. Darn high-school!

But for me personally, I like the Mercy now. There is a load of pressure relieved from Mercy players when they don’t have to resurrect their full team and can just bring back players as they die. There are pros and cons to pretty much everything.

Sorry guys!

I’ll be honest, when I made this I wasn’t expecting this many replies

I’m really happy everyone so far has kept everything relatively civil and constructive. Its good to have a real conversation about Mercy without it getting shut down.

Mercy had unique SR issues WAaaaaaAAAAaaay past when mass res was removed.

Hide and res was a valid tactic. A tiny number of players are pro, so using them as your backbone argument against a valid play style (that i didnt use) is silly.

But i agree that mass res was a bad thing for the game.

Fix those SR issues then? Don’t just rework the entire hero…

No thanks. I don’t want to climb to GM with a negative winrate then get reported for abusing a SR system.

Not really… Just make Mass rez as ult like 1.0 with LoS, smaller AoE instead of invulnerability give her damage reduction so she doesn’t have to sacrifice herself.

Valk becomes the new E ability for 5 seconds she’s able to fly freely with a 15-20 second cooldown that doesn’t start till after the animation. Remove health regen and chain healing so it’s single target for 5% increase potency of her beams.

1 Like

Thank you for putting that guy in his Place. You got him to the point of straight up changing the topic of that to you instead of Mercy.

The problem with the video you’re looking for, is that it’s rather damning evidence against Seagull, given that it clearly shows how he ignores the enemy Mercy all game long so he can get his sick multikill ults, and then cries when the enemy Mercy, who’s been hugging the edge of his screen all game, suddenly decides to press Q and brings the fight around.

I don’t know off the top of my head where to find it, but I do recall it being a match on Route 66.

Agree. Still not sure if they fixed those entirely unrelated to res or balance bugs.

Well, you wouldnt. It was a valid play method, its just the SR system was broken.

I don’t want to get sucked into any toxicity between you two so all I will say is this and then leave:

I agree with BadWidow on how garbage Ana is, and how limited her rifle is for healing and heck, even protecting herself from flankers when the rest of the team is ignoring their healer like about 90% of the playerbase. But Ana is DEFINITELY fun to play because of her high skill-high reward playstyle. And let me just point out that this is coming from someone who can’t play a sniper to save their life if they were being held hostage and were told if they got a team kill without any help from their team as a sniper they’d be let go, otherwise they’d be killed(ok maybe a little dramatic but I can barely play snipers)… so interpret that how you want

Well it’s a garbage strategy if it only works against incompetent teams or those who just blow their ultimates all at once.

That’s literally all they needed to do to Mercy over a year ago, Valkyrie wasn’t even needed

Please dont make me repeat myself in this thread when it comes to mass rez.

i sympathize with you wanting a more fun Mercy. Let’s go, I’m on board.

1 button press = 1 rez paradigm as far as rez goes plz. No 1 button press = 1-5 rezzed. I don’t care what conditions you place on it. 1:1 > 1:1-5.

Mass res isnt the same as “healing characters”.

Res as a mechanic is problematic. Mass res was even more problematic. People would abuse any system related to it - you might find teams doing dumb stuff like corpse stacking on exactly the same spot to get big resses out of it. Also, no matter what you did with mass res, hide and seek would return, and that sucked.

I’m not arguing with that, i hated it too.

A mercy dpsing the entire game is actually a part of the team fight, awkward enough, so there’s one flaw in your hypothetical. Also, it isn’t abusable in the SR system either. Look up false equivalence.

And yet the tactic of hide and res was still used because it did work. No, it wasn’t game defining, but the strategy of having your main healer not heal during a team fight did still exist. The majority didn’t like it, a lot of pro’s didn’t like it and clearly blizzard didn’t like that either.

This should never be a thing. I don’t even undrestand how you could argue otherwise unless you were completely biased from the echo chamber in this forum.

You are actually beyond denial at this point.

Completely in denial, and just making yourself look worse.

Yeah, didn’t something happen immediately after the rework too. it went from this

to this

I think the problem is more so, it was bad mercy’s. They would mass res regardless if your team would have the advantage or not. It wasn’t any one specific game, it was all over the place.

You just linked a clip of a Mercy using the “Hide n Res” strategy and failing in the process? Does this not mean that “Hide n Res” was not successful?

You’re in denial :stuck_out_tongue:

Just proved with a clip you linked that it wasn’t a successful strategy…