13 nerfs aint "in a good spot"

Like yeah I’m pretty sure her pickrate is slowly going to go back up and we’ll be here for her next nerf.

So did that actually win players the game? Cause from experience not really, I have a few times where a mercy back backed off from an ulti to rez that saved the game but not a lot.

And i wasn’t not a big stream watcher then, or now really, how did those rezzes pan out afterwards?

1 Like

Who is that? (4 characters)

I agree. Lock rez into ult during valk, and have a “double heals for 2-3 seconds” on a 10-12 second cooldown

tempo rezzes were almost always the better option. they worked out more in team fights. if mercy hid and then did the huge rez, she got praised by her time but it usually would lead off to the team dying again because if the enemy team was smart they held onto some ults to counter potential huge rez.

only map that huge rez was always better on was temple of anubis because you could literally rez the second your character landed back in spawn.

Nano boost and Coalescence is better than Vakyrie though…

I also think a team rez was more fun and requires a lot of skill, pressure on the Mercy and strategy. I think that’s why there were too many points awarded for rez. We need to address the problems around the team rez to bring it back. I like playing Mercy sometimes but I don’t play competitively. What were the problems again?

Alternatively players can suggest changes/state the problems (with a little bit of detail and why) to maybe guide devs. Because you are the ones playing Mercy right? It’s like a beta.

What does this have to do with anything? The point was the strat encouraged your team to go into a team fight without their main healer and die. It was also exploitable by the SR system giving mercy mains who were negative winrate big amounts of sr for winning and losing small amounts of SR for a loss.

This lead to an influx of master+ mercy main’s who are the definition of bad in these elo’s.

First off, they fix that sr exploit bug a month before the actual rework.

Second, if a strategy that didn’t normally work, but was ‘frustrating’ to play against for the enemy, what grounds is that for a nerf? Now I can see it was a burden on teammates for that reason alone but during that explotation period where it was fix, that encouraged those not to hide much or even at all since the SR boost was gone and tempo rezzing was the way to go.

You do realize they also buffed it so she’s invincible while she does it right? Like, that was a thing that happened. There was absolutely no counter play to it.

Use an ultimate to counter a Resurrect executed by the means of hiding and letting their team die. That would easily negate the impact of Mercy’s ultimate.

erm, Was this english?

Wait, what’s wrong with it?

I honestly have no idea what you’re trying to say. Believe me, I’m trying.

Use an ultimate to counter resurrect? How. what exactly countered an invincible res.

Edit: Are you saying save an ult specifically for after she resses? Okay, her team is still up on the ult economy afterwords, you’re still losing that team fight.

As an ultimate.

I also straight up say that you can give it a 3 second duration and a 12 second cooldown and you’d have a nice basic ability. Not sure why you’re ignoring that right now.

“I can’t counter that point, so I’d better call them biased”.

Does acting all “high and mighty” mean I just came back to resume the debate?

Because I do that. If a debate takes a week of back and forth, I have the spare time to accommodate for that. Holding a position and being willing to persistently defend it doesn’t make me “high and mighty”. It makes me an average person.

You could probably do it too if you weren’t too busy attacking the person rather than the arguments:

yawn

And watch how quickly the team dies because the main healer isn’t healing during a teamfight.

Which are supposed to be game-changing.

That’s why they’re called ultimates, right? A glance at the developer comments tells us that Valkyrie is supposed to be game-changing:

“Valkyrie, her new Ultimate, gives her the opportunity for big game-making plays and opens a number of new options for her.”

Overwatch Forums

That’s the case with every game-changing ability in the game. That doesn’t make them not game-changing abilities.

Highlight where I said that.

I’ll wait.

They don’t even pay attention to their own words. Why would I think they’re paying attention to mine?

That makes absolutely no sense.

So much for knowing my position.

When has that ever stopped the developers from changing a hero? Look at Mercy 1.x and how they reworked that.

1 Like

Do you like, have any chill? Like for real, we’re never going to agree on this.

I know your position, I also know you are sitting here arguing to argue, with points you don’t even agree with sometimes specifically just to argue more.

5v6 is still winnable. If you’re on defense, You’re going to use an ultimate to guarantee the enemy doesn’t get a tick unless you know for sure you’re winning that team fight.

I’m not even sure how you’re trying to argue this, there’s a reason so many people wanted it changed, that clearly blizzard agreed with.

If you lose a 6v5, your team is bad or the enemy team uses ultimates and your team uses none. “Hide n Res” was a garbage strategy. Don’t know why you are trying to convince me otherwise…

Keep lying to yourself. It worked regardless if you acknowledge it or not. it got plenty of really bad players into really high ranks.