13 nerfs aint "in a good spot"

Yeah lol, but she doesnt get any now

Which is not true. Uncommon? Sure, but not nearly as uncommon as an Ana getting it. Let’s focus on her first, as Ana has always been like this.

True I agree ana needs work, but I just saw my first mercy nerf since the rework yesterday? I literally have never seen one before that

You meant potg, not nerf, fight?

And I mean, I see them every one in a while. Sometimes they’re cool.

A lot. People with no play time on Mercy don’t get to argue about her, because they don’t understand her. They can only parrot what they heard about her.

Yeah lol autocorrect.

An offensive ult. On a passive character that’s against violence. The ult is wrong by definition. The adverse effects it has on the metagame are just icing on the cake.

Good thing I have time on her- but that alone doesn’t make sense, considering I’m simply arguing with straight quotes from Blizzard.

But there was no argument to what I was saying. Fact: Blizzard said the rework is fine and have no plans to revert her. Please tell me how my time played as Mercy affects that statement.

While I agree, to be fair Mercy’s POTG was bugged for a long time. I still don’t think it’s working properly even now, but it’s at least rarer than it used to be.

edit: words are hard

1 Like

Right, and Zenyatta is a pacifist in a game of fighting, and his main ability is based around dealing more damaging. Point?

That’s true, not going to argue that. They did fix it eventually.

I would agree but must note a revert is not the answer, I’m afraid its another rework. Rez is way too powerful as an e but give her back mass rez and she will have too much ult shutdown potential. It’s would be like having another Zen or Lucio ult on your team, it’s too much.

Tbh though, I think most of the support POTGs need to be looked at. It’s incredibly rare to see POTGs from any support as compared to DPS/Tank, especially those like Ana or Zen whose value typically comes from things other than killing. It’s probably just a lot more difficult than it sounds to properly weight a support’s assists than it is to measure kills. I can count on one hand how many times I’ve seen an Ana or Zen get POTG.

PotG system in general needs to be looked at. Sometimes you know who will be the PotG, and other times it’s a dead Mercy. Seems really gimmicky.

Then why was she not a problem when she had Mass Res? ( the version without the invulnerability) She had all of this, the 60 HP/s, the GA and everything was the same, except for ressurect. With this logic, obviously ressurect is the problem, not the kther aspects of her kit.

1 Like

The number of nerfs after a large rework is not evidence of failure, especially small changes over a long period of time. You know, tweaking.

At the very least I’d like some variety. I remember I used to see the categories fairly often like Ultimate Shutdown or Life Saver. Just having variety rather than quad/quintuple kill would be nice. Ult Shutdowns could really help Anas get POTG with a nice sleep, and Life Saver could work for many of the supports.

1 Like

You quoted @ShadowDragon, replying with

which, as @Chalklate said, isn’t a really good argument, given how much has changed since then, both in the metagame and the various suggestions on how to improve her. Not to mention, the Blizzard quote in question has been proven to be open to interpretation. Also, providing the quote in full, and not your own interpretation could’ve gone a ways in preventing the discussion you and I are currently having.

Yeah, that is a good point as well.

Yeah, they don’t get much fire. I’d love to see Zen get that POTG for his team saving ultimate, or Lucio with his perfectly timed Sound Barrier to block that D.Va bomb or Dragonblade, that Ana sleep on the ulting Genji, etc… .

1 Like