13 nerfs aint "in a good spot"

A mercy dpsing the entire game is actually a part of the team fight, awkward enough, so there’s one flaw in your hypothetical. Also, it isn’t abusable in the SR system either. Look up false equivalence.

And yet the tactic of hide and res was still used because it did work. No, it wasn’t game defining, but the strategy of having your main healer not heal during a team fight did still exist. The majority didn’t like it, a lot of pro’s didn’t like it and clearly blizzard didn’t like that either.

This should never be a thing. I don’t even undrestand how you could argue otherwise unless you were completely biased from the echo chamber in this forum.

You are actually beyond denial at this point.

Completely in denial, and just making yourself look worse.

Yeah, didn’t something happen immediately after the rework too. it went from this

to this

I think the problem is more so, it was bad mercy’s. They would mass res regardless if your team would have the advantage or not. It wasn’t any one specific game, it was all over the place.

You just linked a clip of a Mercy using the “Hide n Res” strategy and failing in the process? Does this not mean that “Hide n Res” was not successful?

You’re in denial :stuck_out_tongue:

Just proved with a clip you linked that it wasn’t a successful strategy…

Well, you have both. As I already stated, the specific video BadWidowEU is looking for was a pretty bad case for Seagull, with a very active Mercy simply being ignored, as I said.

That doesn’t mean that Hide 'n Rez didn’t happen, though, but it definitely isn’t as black and white as people want to have everyone believe.

You are actually hopeless. Like the point is completely above you isn’t it.

I’m honestly just stupid then…

Don’t put yourself down like that.

Nobody is saying it was always succesfull. Nobody is saying it was the best tactic ever. You’re making that argument to justify whether people did it or not, and the fact remains, they did, because it worked. Either for the benefit of your team, or the benefit for the mercy who loses less SR at the end of the match. Regardless, people still did it.

Here’s a great compilation thread that got merged into the mega mercy abyss.

Can we all just agree on a number to lie about?

Like, even though she was only changed 4 times, a month ago everyone was complaining it was 10. Then they added 1 nerf and all of a sudden now it’s 13.
Might as well just go with 20+ at this point.

Yes. Yeah. VERY YEAH YES YEAH. Blizzard please.

That’s the thing, it didn’t work. The only reason you are able to say this is because of the broken SR system. Firstly, they could’ve just fixed the system instead of reworking Mercy. Secondly, most people who used “Hide n Res” did not know of this meaning it wasn’t a motive to use the strategy.

Sorry for bothering you but I’m pretty sure I’m not going to be changing my mind anytime soon. Nice discussion though. Was pretty decent…

There is literally multiple videos in this thread of it working now. Like, why are you in such denial? In both ways. Helping a bad mercy get to masters plus with terrible win rates and being used against one of the best players in the world effectively, causing a loss.

In the match, it evidently flops miserably. Just because you get rewarded for failure, does not make that failure a winner. Hope that makes sense. Anyway, you should prolly stop. I’m really stubborn atm and am probably not going to change my mind.

Quick BTW: If the broken SR system was making the “Hide n Res” strategy work, what stopped Blizzard from just fixing the SR system?

1 Like

Honestly, probably the same thing that’s stopped them from fixing matchmaking all this time, but your guess is as good as mine. They’ve tweaked it since, and got rid of personal performance all together in diamond and above so if there is anymore exploitable things, it wont reach high elo’s. The damage was done already though.

the SR system IS fixed for tier diamond and Up

Separate SR problem exclusive to Mercy.

dont think so

the hide and rez was because of SR abuse,that gave you more SR for many rezz’s

This has been removed, i think

If not that explain plz,what else is broken for mercy

Guys, the SR problem was never the main reason for the rework, and wasn’t the only problem with Hide and Rez.
This is a straw man.

They reduced the number of rezzes Mercy could get in Valkyie by 50%
They reduced the number of rezzes Mercy could get in Valkyrie by 50% again.
They deleted 25% of her ult.
They added the one of the most substantial cast times of any regular ability in the game to an ability that was previously instantaneous.
They reduced her flight speed by 50%
They took 17% of her heals, which also constitutes a 17% reduction of her ult charge time and a 17% reduction of her ult’s healing output. Compare this to Soldier, who was ruined for losing 5% of his damage.

So tell me.
“Small amount” and “Tweaks” where?

Because if any other hero had received just one nerf of the scale Mercy has been given, they’d be dead and buried and not one person on earth would call it a “tweak.” And Mercy’s had thirteen of them.

2 Likes

Is she f tier? Have they completely made her useless?

The whole point is that they haven’t. Can you at least try to wrap your brain around how ridiculously broken Mercy is on a fundamental level if she can receive enough nerfs to ruin a dozen other heros and still isn’t balanced?

1 Like

Cannot wait to see more of these nerfs!