13 nerfs aint "in a good spot"

Use an ultimate to counter a Resurrect executed by the means of hiding and letting their team die. That would easily negate the impact of Mercy’s ultimate.

erm, Was this english?

Wait, what’s wrong with it?

I honestly have no idea what you’re trying to say. Believe me, I’m trying.

Use an ultimate to counter resurrect? How. what exactly countered an invincible res.

Edit: Are you saying save an ult specifically for after she resses? Okay, her team is still up on the ult economy afterwords, you’re still losing that team fight.

As an ultimate.

I also straight up say that you can give it a 3 second duration and a 12 second cooldown and you’d have a nice basic ability. Not sure why you’re ignoring that right now.

“I can’t counter that point, so I’d better call them biased”.

Does acting all “high and mighty” mean I just came back to resume the debate?

Because I do that. If a debate takes a week of back and forth, I have the spare time to accommodate for that. Holding a position and being willing to persistently defend it doesn’t make me “high and mighty”. It makes me an average person.

You could probably do it too if you weren’t too busy attacking the person rather than the arguments:

yawn

And watch how quickly the team dies because the main healer isn’t healing during a teamfight.

Which are supposed to be game-changing.

That’s why they’re called ultimates, right? A glance at the developer comments tells us that Valkyrie is supposed to be game-changing:

“Valkyrie, her new Ultimate, gives her the opportunity for big game-making plays and opens a number of new options for her.”

Overwatch Forums

That’s the case with every game-changing ability in the game. That doesn’t make them not game-changing abilities.

Highlight where I said that.

I’ll wait.

They don’t even pay attention to their own words. Why would I think they’re paying attention to mine?

That makes absolutely no sense.

So much for knowing my position.

When has that ever stopped the developers from changing a hero? Look at Mercy 1.x and how they reworked that.

1 Like

Do you like, have any chill? Like for real, we’re never going to agree on this.

I know your position, I also know you are sitting here arguing to argue, with points you don’t even agree with sometimes specifically just to argue more.

5v6 is still winnable. If you’re on defense, You’re going to use an ultimate to guarantee the enemy doesn’t get a tick unless you know for sure you’re winning that team fight.

I’m not even sure how you’re trying to argue this, there’s a reason so many people wanted it changed, that clearly blizzard agreed with.

If you lose a 6v5, your team is bad or the enemy team uses ultimates and your team uses none. “Hide n Res” was a garbage strategy. Don’t know why you are trying to convince me otherwise…

Keep lying to yourself. It worked regardless if you acknowledge it or not. it got plenty of really bad players into really high ranks.

Most of these bad players had negative winrates because they were failing with the strategy but were getting rewarded for using the strategy anyway (they’d lose less depending on the amount of SR they got).

Yeah, against garbage enemies and those who just blow all their ultimates at once.

1 Like

Counter play before or after?

Because the counterplay for Before was: Target and kill mercy before sending the more deadly ults at the enemy, have someone hunt the mercy, or drag out a fight where the enemy team loses someone but a res wouldn’t be ideal. (That last one is an iffy, Things may naturally end up being dragged out with an ulti but killing the enemy team to the point mercy can at most res 2 to keep the fight going was ideal for the teams I have played with.

But if the ultimate goes off and the enemy team is back, best course of action was:Set up for an ulti that at least can secure 1-2 kills to push the fight in your favor, dive and focus fire the closest rezzed target since they are stuck standing there, or start gaining more ult charge for the continued fighting,

Saying multi rez had no counters is a wide stretch, it would have been used all over if that were the case but Ana was still picked a bit more than mercy the higher you go before this train wreck of a rework happened. (Or revert since Valk technically came before multi rez.

1 Like

And yet, it worked. I don’t get what you’re not getting.

Yeah man, seagull is totally garbage. top 500 players complaining about it on stream at the time, they’re totally garbage.

Show me the clip of Seagull.

Yes, target and kill mercy who’s hiding outside of the team fight while you’re team is needed in the team fight. Why did nobody think of that. They should have all just started searching around for her. That’s genius.

This was mostly due to winstons buff, allowing him to dive onto targets with a flanker/d.va helping him. How do you kill those targets even quicker, with Zen’s discord. How do you keep Zen alive, With lucio’s speed boost.

at least, untill the rework when mercy took lucio’s spot and took away dives biggest weakness

1 button press = 1-5 people rezzed has a number of problems. It is the only thing in the game that legitimately benefits from more of your team mates being dead. That is to say, the return on your button press is directly tied to the amount of team mates you have dead within a certain area, within a certain amount of time.

There is no other scenario, ult, or anything like that, in the game, that gets more powerful the more members of your team are dead. All forms of healing, support ult, etc, is proactive, used to prevent death from occurring. Rez is the only thing that is reactive to a death. That makes it very unique in and of itself.

Mass rez furthers that by making it so that multiple team mates dead at once increases its return. The effectiveness of the tactic of mass rez is not really an issue, and it can be argued, etc, etc. To have a healer, especially one so specifically dedicated to just healing, by the nature of a 1:1-5 possibly be incentivized to allow team mates to die, is quite contrary to character design.

Placing any number of restrictions and conditions on the 1:1-5 mechanic does not remedy this. Sure, it makes it harder and harder, but, it doesn’t address that fundamental design problem.

Imho, it was a good choice to move away from mass rez. Could it have been done better? Ofc. But I don’t see any reason other than to appease those who like it to bring it back. I’d rather something completely different than a reintroduction of that rez type mechanic. I think 1 button press = 1 person rezzed is the best way for rez to operate within this game, and I really don’t care what form it takes. I don’t like the idea of 1 button press = 1-5 people rezzed when it comes to resurrection within this game.

1 Like

Are you… serious right now? This is like a huge reason why blizzard took the suggestion into consideration. Let me see if i can find a clip of something that happened a year ago.

People are calling for DF nerfs, i wouldn’t be surprised if they want Orisa nerfs down the line.

Well I need to see how the fight started and ended so I can see why Seagull got hurt over a hiding Mercy. Honestly, you didn’t even explain how the fight went.

That was actually easier to find then I thought.

1 Like