[100+] One tricking CAN BE poor teamwork

First of all, the act of playing only one hero is not reportable on its own. If you see someone lock in any hero, you need to give that person a chance to see if it works out.

What is poor teamwork though is when the one trick is failing to contribute effectively to your team’s chances of winning. For example, if that OTP is getting countered when it is painfully obvious, playing a hero in a sub-optimal situation (like a map that is not designed for them), or refuses to switch even when asked, this is uncooperative behavior aka poor teamwork.

For most one tricks, the common rationalization is “I can’t play anything else.” Well that’s just flat out [Edited by Blizzard]. If you’re a sym one trick, there’s no excuse for you to have trouble playing either mercy or Moira. Or for that Torb to at least play Junkrat. One tricks aren’t incapable of playing other heroes, they just simply choose not to. Overwatch has a variety of heroes whose skill floors are low enough to pick up easily, requiring very little skill to be effective with. Inhibiting your team’s odds of success even when you have to potential to increase it is poor teamwork.

Although one tricking isn’t always reportable (ie when its actually working out), if their hero choice isn’t working and adamantly continues to play them to point of being detrimental to the team, they deserve to be reported. And if this happens multiple times, they deserve to be banned. Don’t report people for their hero choices, report them for their decisions as teammates.

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to language. Blizzard Support - Forum Code of Conduct

115 Likes

it’s a wider concept, which includes “report people for their INTENSIONALLY DISADVANTAGEOUS AT THIS EXACT MOMENT hero choices”

6 Likes

Please read the one tricking wiki thread on the threads right now. It literally says a one trick can’t be reported for poor team just for being a one trick. /thread

34 Likes

So if you tell me to switch and I refuse, I deserve to get banned? And who decides whether or not a map is bad for a certain hero?

52 Likes

K, but Blizz will follow their definition, not urs

17 Likes

Add the context. If your hero choice is bad and you need to switch but refuse to, then that is poor teamwork.

If you’re unaware which heroes are designed for which map, that’s something you can easily fix by educating yourself about the game.

13 Likes

Then don’t make a post saying one tricks deserve to be reported, because they aren’t* following your definition of poor teammate.
Make the thread about changing Blizzard’s definition.
Make the thread about not liking Blizzard’s definition.
DON’T make the thread that tries to argue that your definition IS factual and that people should go out and report one tricks.

20 Likes

Who decides if the hero choice is bad?

13 Likes

Every hero in this game is defined as either meta, off-meta, or niche. If you don’t know what those words mean or which heroes fall under each category, then you need to educate yourself about the game.

6 Likes

Then flexing can also be poor teamwork? Switching to the wrong Heroes can lose you a game.

19 Likes

I will challenge people’s definition of one tricking and poor teamwork however I want.

1 Like

Ok so how about we have a situation where half the group wants to do dive but the other wants to do deathball. its a map where both comps can work. 3 of the teammates pick three tanks. Can the other 3 report them for poor teamwork for not going along with their plan? is everyone just reporting each other every time someone disagrees?

8 Likes

You 100% have that right. Just remember that others have the right to point out that you’re wrong.

7 Likes

If you’re flexing onto the wrong heroes that’s playing bad not poor teamwork. Flexing is good teamwork.

2 Likes

So basically the “I don’t like that you picked an off-meta hero therefore you’re throwing and deserve to be reported.” People like you are the ones that need bans not the people trying their best in a game.

34 Likes

Read my post and then come back to me and apologise for your ignorance and misrepresenting my views.

1 Like

I disagree here. Because this defeats the point. People can just immediately “request” it at the start of a match and then act as if they’re in the right for them not bending to their demands. I wish they’d never made this specification because it’s basically the most blatantly obvious “gray area” for rule enforcing, ever.

5 Likes

You don’t work for Blizzard, so stop this nonsense and making out that you know how the game was designed.

8 Likes

No, your hypothetical is stupid. If that were to happen people would have to compromise a mix of the two types of comps.

There’s no point in apologizing to someone with such a toxic and illogical mindset.

8 Likes