[100+] One tricking CAN BE poor teamwork

dont be a pedant about it

Speaking as an experienced Symmetra player, this is totally false. All 3 of these heroes rely heavily on gamesense skills that are in no way transferable. Also speaking as an experienced Torbjorn player, there is no crossover with Junkrat whatsoever.

Also, trying and failing is not reportable by Blizzard standards. Poor teamwork covers the actions you take with your hero of choice, it does NOT cover the hero choice you make.

I’ll grant you this, though, and this only: I do believe it is possible for intentional throwers, to throw games via hero choice. These cases, though, are extremely easy to identify as such.

1 Like

Im not even going to respond anymore… it sounds like most of you haven’t even read my post.

by blizzards definitions one tricks are not throwing nor are reportable even when their hero choice isnt working, and if you or others are reporting people for that then you yourself are likely to get punished instead

2 Likes

Here’s the thing. If there is maybe one thing in the world worth being pedantic about, it is “facts.” They’re kind of the bricks that hold the rest of our reasoning together. Bad things happen when we get loosey goosey with them.

EDIT: BTW, accusing a someone of being a pedant is a great way to say" You’re right, but you’re annoying" which I can live with.

2 Likes

I agree with you Freethinker. If someone plays a hero that totally doesn’t work with the agreement of the other 5 people in the team and even worse, is just totally failing at playing the objective, because the enemy team composition 100% counters him, so he just becomes an easy ultimate charge - that’s a bad team work for me. And many one tricks fall under this case.

Just today I had a match that started with 3 people quick locking Junkrat, Widow and Hanzo. I don’t care about the specific heroes being played, but that composition has very little chances to work. So the first thing was asking these people to reconsider their picks. Two of them switched, so we got that 2-2-2. But after that Widow died like the 4th time to Tracer and Sombra without any contribution, but feeding the ultimates of these two and we were just getting steamrolled, we asked him to switch. Guess what. He left the voice chat… That’s a pure teamwork! /s

Luckily the rest of us agreed to just ignore him and started to play really well together. He was just a back line punching bag that was keeping their Tracer and Sombra somewhat busy. I got convinced to play Ana for the first time in competitive and actually did much better than I have ever imagined.

Sadly that’s a one time scenario that ends with a happy end. Mostly people instead of starting to work together even more (what to be frank is unfair, because why do you have to work twice as hard for the same result) tilt and you just get steamrolled two rounds in a row and lose ton of SR, because one selfish rat decided not to play with the team.

2 Likes

Every hero is good on every map when properly built around a team. torb & bastion with orisa can pretty much set up on anymap any place they choose to create a choke point. Symmetra is always a solid pick for defense on point A but if the enemy takes it sym not so good on point B but you CAN use her on other things such as payloads and such but yeah winston dives in might want to switch.

Your NEVER playing based of the map. Yeah the map can provide strategies but if you not building around your teammates and countering the enemies, it dont matter if you playing tracer or mercy at that point as long as it WORKS. Kings Row last night 41 kills as torb on defense AND attack and our DPS got silver with 24. I had objective time, elims, obj elims, and got the MVP card “AS AN ATTACK TORBJORN!”

People like you were trying to force me off torb but i ALWAYS start with torb on Kings and I had to carry them HARD, twice i faught off the objective with my molten core solo, I really wish i was streaming just so i show people torb isnt useless and be like LOOK SEE WHAT “I” CAN DO!!! GIVE ME A CHANCE!

If i had played junkrat like they wanted we probably would have got ran over cause my turret was the only thing stopping genji cause reaper was too busy warping to the enemy spawn to help us and point fingers at you-know-who, me. Even though i was playing on the objective, guarding healers, watching flanks, building turrets and all around doing everything in my power to help my toxic team succeed, which we did.

2 Likes

Speaking of not reading, you should read all those posts by Kaplan and other senior staff on the OW team. Might open your eyes a bit.

1 Like

I understand where you’re coming from OP.

Unfortunately the OW team have said “One-tricking is NOT reportable.”

THEREFORE,

It’s up to Blizzard to make any hero viable on any map if they’re going to allow such selfish behavior in comp.

Aww, that’s cute, you don’t know how analogies work. Adorable. Or are you just being contary for the sake of it?

You, the player, are the carpenter.

The hero you choose, is the tool. They each have different functions, very much like tools! Each good and bad at different tasks. Using a Reaper to fight a Pharah is like using a hammer to saw a board in half. It’s not meant for that, but if you hammer the board enough it might eventually crack in half. Are you picking up what I’m putting down or do I have to make it simpler? Heroes are good at specific things; you can force it to work, but don’t expect your team to be happy about it.

1 Like

Nope, you cant be banned for one tricking or playing a character for an specific situation that some other people might not consider optimal.

Even if 2-3 or even 5 members of the team asks one trick to switch it is still not considering poor teamwork, now if one or more members of said team ask the one trick or certain player to switch for more than 2+ occasions this is considered harassment and is reportable under abusive chat.

Now under poor teamwork, if someone says "oh we have one trick we lost this sucks (etc + negative comments or foul language AKA communicating in a negative manner ) this is also reportable for poor teamwork.

Ignoring objective point, focusing only on kills and forgetting about the payload or objective or going support that can heal but intentionally not healing and just trying to focus on damage = also reportable under poor teamwork

They don’t want to learn about the game. They want to play their favorite hero no matter what.

1 Like

Your name is freethinker, but I’m assuming this is just a name and not a character trait.

Sym and Mercy/Moira are completely different heroes with different playstyles. Some of them may be saying they flat out can’t play anything else effectively, which you have absolutely no right to tell them otherwise, because you have no idea what their Dva plays or mercy plays look like.

More often than not they can play other things but not for the rank they’re in. They can be a GM Sym but a silver Mercy. You don’t know what you’re talking about because you’re viewing it from your own perspective on the situation instead of the other persons.

2 Likes

I think this way: No matter if you are trying or not, if you don’t change your hero, you are not helping, and this is poor team work. Five people should not work around one because the one trick won’t change. They gave us the option to change heroes for a reason, why not use it? Nobody cares if you like that hero, everybody wanna win the game and you are ruining the experience for others just like they are “ruining” your game by reporting you. You don’t need to one-trick a meta hero, just change your character to something that will help a little more.

3 Likes

agreed 110% Just cause “your” good with junkrat does not mean “i” am. He’s one of my worst picks actually all i can do is spam grenades into objectives i dont know any “hidden” flank routes he can do. Just cause i play torb does not mean i can play junkrat.

I got three dps, torb, mercy, rein & Dva to work with. If rein and Dva are taken and you want to play triple tank dont look at me cause if you want horrible gameplay sure i’ll hop on zarya just dont be expecting more then one grav ult if that even…

Sometimes people want to switch and they cant cause their other characters are already taken, in which case they are probably better staying with what they are then trying to learn how to play a new hero well in the middle of a comp match

1 Like

I have never seen a one-trick demand that others work around them.

1 Like

Irrelevant. Inefficiency does not meet the standard of poor teamwork and is not reportable.

1 Like

That’s literally what they are doing be only playing one hero no matter what. If you don’t understand that concept, it’s likely because you’re the one trick.

“Hey can you switch you’re getting countered”

“No”

This has been “poor teamwork”

2 Likes

Yes, I one-trick Torb actually. And I don’t care who anyone else on my team picks, as long as they do their best.

2 Likes