100 minutes to go

I think everyone deep down does want is all to go well, but Blizzard this years has made enough enemies.

where can us peasants watch the opening ceremony?

2 Likes

Hmmm, I wonder why…

3 Likes

What even happened that people think it is okay to start a riot about? I already seen one thread about someone supposedly “boycotting” Overwatch due to some random thing they read, even though we all know boycotting doesn’t get stuff done. It is literally just a silent protest that no one will hear.

1 Like

Selling out to china
Silencing free speech
Putting all the good content behind paywalls

Overall being a scumbag company

You can watch it on Blizzard’s Twitch Channel. I have it embedded on my primary thread:

2 Likes

What does China have to do with anything?

i recommend going back and reading it all for yourself
just type in Blitzchung on Google and go from there.

I don’t believe everything I read, sorry. You can literally put any bullcrap on the internet now and days and call it fact. Plus in all honesty I don’t really care, but I see others clearly do which is why I am asking what the hell actually happened?

Not to mention News Articles are Bias.

Tl;DR
Hearthstone champion spoke out for freedom in Hong Kong, Blizzard took his money and banned him, But didn’t do the same for people saying the same thing in Australia

Blizzard silenced people wanting freedom in China to appeal to their Market

Seems like mistakes where made, but I feel like people are getting overly worked up about it. We are only human and we don’t always make the greatest choices. For large game companies it is a struggle as it is to keep everyone happy, most of the time they have to make quick choices to please the masses rather they want to or not.

However I am pretty sure right or wrong in China it is illegal to speak your mind and rise against the government. Not sure if that will ever change but it is not right that it is like that there. I wouldn’t start having a war though with Blizzard for selling out to them though. It is both Blizzard and China’s fault really, since China’s government sucks.

Blizzard could have their games banned in China if they went against the Chinese Government and received threats. That would screw it over for everyone in China who could play Blizzard’s games. It is a pretty sticky situation.

1 Like

Everything you just typed is a understatement to the chaos that has gone down since it started

China is the largest market out there, blizzard can’t afford to lose them

Blitzchung broke the rules in his contract, get over it

??? Oh you mean 2 skins that don’t even have new voice lines

Oíche Shamhna Shona Duit ~WildPants

4 Likes

Yeah I am not saying it is right what happened, but I am explaining why they may of felt compelled to make a choice like this. You guys are stirring up more chaos really instead of helping. I can see why people are ticked about this though.

The 2 skins, and every other skin before that
plus every Mount in the Mount store
and the best cards in Hearthstone
and characters in HoTS
and the Auction house in D3

but no, it’s just 2 skins, sure.

Don’t you guys have phone?

Lootboxes that you get by leveling up

Aren’t those cosmetic only?

Craftable. Plus its a card game, of course its going to be expensive. Also they’ve recently given out great legendaries for free like snip snap and vargoth

Earned with ingame currency

Never played d3 so i can’t say

Oíche Shamhna Shona Duit ~WildPants

1 Like

I am somewhat confused though, why are you coming to the Overwatch threads when this is about Blizzcon chaos and someone who was a Hearthstone player, not an Overwatch player? Shouldn’t you ask in the Hearthstone forums?

Sure some of us may also play Hearthstone, but not all of us do. Probably why I had no idea what was going on since I don’t play Hearthstone and this was about a Hearthstone player.

1 Like

“You all have phones, dont you?”

smart on their part, they’re objectively in hot water with the western public rn

ESPECIALLY those native to Cali.