1 Way To Fix Torbjorn: The Throwable Turret

Give him the ability to pick up his turret.

-Relatively low cooldown, can pick up turret to move it. While carrying, it cannot shoot. Deploys instantly or very shortly (0.5s) after setting down
-When picking up turret, Torb gets a short 3-second speed boost as he is excited to be holding his beautiful creation.
-Turret can be thrown a short distance. If it hits a player, some sort of damage and a mini stun is applied
-While Ulted: Turret can shoot while Torb is carrying. Torb gets a speed boost even not holding the turret.
-Turret causes major damage and a splash damage effect when thrown while ulted

Maybe ALL of these would be a bit too overpowered? Anyways, its one way to make the least picked hero a lot more fun and interesting.

3 Likes

ABILITY TO PLACE TURRET ON WALLS/CEILING i don’t play torb but i’d play him in non comp modes with this change

1 Like

That would be cool too, and could be tied in with a turret throwing ability.

I. Feel like he should be able to target someone like how zen’s orbs work, and the turret will attack that target. Put it on a 8-10s cooldown.

I think the speed boost might be OK if he ults while carrying, but I’d nix the last two regarding ulting.

Interesting ideas though, I’d love to be able to throw an upgraded turret out in to the battle.

Yeah, throwing his turret would up his mobility a bit, additionally allowing his slugs to heal his turret for low amounts from range would allow for him to both stay with his team and allow for counter play, since he’d need to be within sight range of his turret to heal it.

I still think his turret should fire a tiny bit to allow for Torb to not be completely vulnerable while carrying his turret, with a slight warm up time after being placed again. In any other game I’d say this wouldn’t be necessary but he can get dived pretty easily while trying to keep with his team.

I love the idea of him being able to move turrets around. It would really help in instances where he’s focused down by the enemy team. Wall mounted turrets can be helpful as well and give him some more viability.

Oh and of course, let Torb Wall climb. :heart:️

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
#RevertMercy

1 Like

If this seems too OP we could also make it so torb’s ult increases the size of his head so its easier to HS him while ulted.

-Needing to keep up with the expanded size of Torbjorn’s massive brain while ulted, his skull expands.

Truly the most intellectual hero.

not that useful IMO. I main torb, and it’s much easier to let the current turret fire until dead while moving to a different location and building.

Then you can leave it there. You don’t HAVE to pick it up. You can do things like make it dodge a pharrah rocket barrage by moving it at the right time. It can save the turret, you can route behind them and throw the turret down…it has a lot of utility.

Yeah I’d rather have a change that’s useful for my play style, but I get where you’re at.

Concept is already tested and works well, in TF2 engineer, so would love to see it in OW

Torb is always going to be niche because once he encounters a team that understands the turrets AI and exploits, it becomes useless. Even the torbs that one trick to GM get there by being really good with his primary gun.

As someone who plays a lot of Torb this is true lol…those snipe headshots across the map are Torb’s secret weapon. His turret feels like an “extra” little thing to distract the enemy.

No offense but like I said I’m 66% torb this season and I love when I encounter a team that “understands turrets” because a good torb loves attention.

That sounds about right for gold.

1 Like

yeah sorry are you gold?

John Sparticus is my main account.

what about grumpwizard tho? not looking too good.

I know. Not a single comp game.