1 FPS Stuttering on decent hardware

At about 10 seconds in that video? If that’s the case you’re not really getting proper fps “drops” causing the worst behavior there - dropping to 90 fps isn’t really that big a deal. What I’m seeing is actually FPS stuttering - those micro lockups. They’re happening too frequently to be explained by your FPS drops from what I see in that video.

If that’s the problem you’re having, let’s try closing all other processes - since disabling razer helped earlier. If it fails, let’s try to see what your PC is actually doing when this happens.

Grab hwmonitor and play a game until it crashes. Once it does, check the “max” column of your test for CPU/GPU overheating. If those are getting too hot, clean the PC and take it to a PC tech if that doesn’t fix the overheating - that’d probably mean some of the heat hardware needs maintenance or replacement.

If you don’t see anything, let’s snag some screenshots:

1. Maximize the HWMonitor window and expand all the nodes on the left
  2. Scroll all the way up
  3. Take a screenshot with the Print Screen (prtscn) key
  4. Open up the program Paint and press ctrl+v to paste in the test
  5. Crop the screen if you want to only show the test, then save it as Test1.JPG
  6. Scroll all the way down, then repeat steps 3-5.
  7. Upload them somewhere like imgur and link us to the results. We’ll use those to look for more options.

If you have link errors, copy the code below, then copy/paste your link between two ` marks, it’ll break the link and let you post it. You can just copy paste everything in the box below and replace “Link goes here” with your link.

`
Link goes here
`

I agree, I’m getting below 90 fps. The FPS counter is an average, and when it has a bunch of data at 144 fps, it averages to ~90. The game does not crash at any point–just stutters the first few minutes.

I can get a longer video of these micro stutters happening the first two minutes of the game–it’s heavily map dependent. Just wanted to keep it short because I knew not much would happen with it.

I already posted in another thread with HWMonitor results.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/1-fps-stuttering-on-decent-hardware/
There far too many people with this issue and I’ve swapped out every piece of hardware. I also RMA’d the card to ASUS and they stated the card did not have any issues. These stutters do not occur in any other game.

Kelocyde,

Moved you back in to your master thread. Thanks for the cross link. We locked it earlier because other players were trying to piggyback on it and you seemed to have stopped replying. Sorry bout that!

You’ve done several things since the last hwmonitor screenshot, and while I agree there are a lot of people with issues like this, every issue is different. Let’s go ahead and snag another one since you swapped a bunch of cards and throttled your power to get your temperatures stable. I’m concerned you worked around your problem in a way that was doomed to fail later, and the new HWMonitor test may help us tell if you’ve run yourself into that kind of problem.

1 Like