1-3-2 Poll: Do you like it?

h ttps://www.strawpoll.me/19450616

I made a poll about 1-3-2 because I’ve seen a lot of very different opinions. Hopefully this helps. : )

1 Like

I wish there was an option in the poll to say:

Make it an additional option to choose from: 2-2-2 or 1-3-2, when you queue.

Hm, I’ll might add that, personally I have nothing against it as an Arcade mode, that’s why I always said “as main mode” in the poll
nvm, I don’t think I can change it now sadly ;-;

I think it caters to the demographic of players better than 2-2-2 does. I’ve always found 1-3-2 the most fun to play since there is so much going on and the pace is much faster.

I do understand that this all but completely removes the ability to play tanks like DVa and Roadhog as they don’t fulfill the main tank role and have limited utility to help the team. Teams will be forced to play Rein/Orisa/Winston/Ball almost always which would stagnate the tanking role even further.

I don’t think the problem is that they’re unplayable, that can be fixed with balance changes. What I personally hate (one of the things) is that Off Tanks literally do not exist anymore. Everyone’s just a tank now.

It’s too unfair to tank players.

It’s not gonna replace 2-2-2.

1 Like

That might end up being what they go with.

Or something to soak up the excess DPS.

I mean, I hate it as a DPS/Support player, so …

1 Like

Let me turn that into an actual link for you.

Personally, I voted for option three: it’ll probably not change anything for me. I don’t like 222 tanking at the moment, but I don’t think it’s impossible to make 222 tanks more fun to play. Until that happens, I’ll go back to enjoying DPS and supports in 222 when 132 is taken off the card, outside of my daily lootbox bribe.

2 Likes

Thank you for posting the link : )

2 Likes

You should add “Yes, but with balance changes”

2 Likes

Good idea, but I don’t think I can edit it anymore.

It’s too unfair to tank players.

When did that ever stop Blizz?

Damn 2/3 majority against.

Shows it’s just DPS players making noise trying to get it to stay.

I haven’t actually tried the mode so I’m not going to vote - but I do have a fairly large concern of how the changes would impact the rest of the game.

Based solely off of the idea of 1-3-2 in concept, it actually sounds pretty fun to me. However my real concern is how the rebalance of tanks would affect any mode that isn’t 1-3-2. Tanks received pretty massive buffs (including some fairly distinct changes to some of their abilities as well), which would completely break just about every mode in the arcade. I feel like every mode in the arcade would very quickly devolve into a GOATS-like meta where the team with more of the OP tanks would win and damage would become useless.

I tend to queue for all 3 roles, and that includes 1-3-2. In experimental, I almost always get healer. When I play healer, I pick Ana. So far, I have been having a pretty good time. The fact that there is only one tank to heal, plus the hitpoint and armor buffs, really helps me, and I seem to be more able to catch up and save my tank’s life. I also like having more squishies to heal because it makes more of my shots feel like they are the difference between life and death. However, because the squishy heroes have smaller hitboxes, it has been making me pay more attention to my shots. In addition, because the opposing team can only run one tank, I seem to have more opportunities to mix in some damage in between my heals. Overall, I have been more engaged in healing in 1-3-2 than in 2-2-2.

1 Like

Ooft. Not exactly a welcome to change. I guess I should respect each other’s opinion, but did anyone honestly expect an experimental mode to roll in perfect?

Such a false an over generalised assumption. I’m the opposite of you state and I’m all in on support for the new comp.

Likewise I’ve played with DPS who complained from start to finish of match.

1 Like

I really like that they’ve let us play with one of the ideas they’ve had floating around and I hope they keep doing it in the future.

However…

They desperately need to do something about the match quality if they want to get anything meaningful out of these experiments.
The 1/3/2 experiment is a horrible gameplay experience, but it’s impossible to tell whether or not the problem is the actual gamemode or not. The range of skill levels present in each match is crazy. Bronzes with GMs and everything in between. The mindsets of players in a match ranges from “comp tryhard” to “lol it’s just arcade”. We’ve got people trying to coordinate as a team, people who are playing it like 6v6 DM and people who are purely there to screw around with the tank changes. All in the same match.

It’s a mess, and I can’t imagine that there’s any real useful feedback they can get from it.

Your poll needs another option: I can’t tell because it’s a hot mess.

1 Like

It is great as a DPS, but solo tanking just feels like punishment with the amount of CC and booping there is in this game and no other tank to back you up.