I just don’t think the player base is split in a manner where this kind of change would go unnoticed.
Jeff said they’ve looked over the concept and said it looks like it would provide an overwhelming improvement for queue on ALL roles (except Tank) - which means Support Players would also benefit from the change in terms of queue time. No. It’s not going to reduce Damage queue times below 10 minutes, but if we can save 5 or more minutes on every queue - I don’t see how that’s not worth considering.
I’m also not a fan of having to play with a pair of low damage mitigation double off tanks into double shields every other game because “You didn’t click on the Tank Queue” ; because that’s just making everyone want to stop playing this game all-together.
And yes - I do play Main Tank quite often ; but I don’t feel like I should be punished by Off Tanks or DPS who don’t want to wait for the long queues when I want to play another role.
Most of the arguments I’ve heard against 1/3/2 are -
• This wont do anything - Jeff said otherwise
• Healers looking to be upset that they can’t get their Schadenfreude over DPS having to wait long queue times - I’m sorry?
• Off-Tanks/DPS who don’t like the idea of waiting the DPS queue to play a Damage Dealer - I’m not going to argue against this point.
• Off-Tanks having a lower-power version of their current favorite character - I see the concerns, and I think we can try to better address this when we see the concept play out.
• Main Tanks afraid of being Solo-Tanks ; honestly the best argument against 1/3/2 IMO - to which I never had a problem with Solo Tanking before role-queue, but can understand how it could be viewed as stressful.