1-3-2 didn't work. Now what?

That again is the game design more so than personality of the player. Its not like Genji has any abilities to help his teammate at all. His only option is kill quickly before a threat can do anything. DPS need to kill faster than the thing doing the killing most of the time.

Most DPS are designed around this and the few supportive abilities there are do not function like tank/support abilities. Defense Matrix is an instant deny all hitscan/projectile damage. A stun such as sleep, bash stops all action. A shield can be put up in an instant to block dmg or CC.

The good DPS supportive abilities are flash bang, ice wall, doomfist punch, … and uh… that’s about it. Most of the others are just knockback which can help, but harder to use. Hack can cancel some attacks, but doesn’t block DPS out of something still.

I actually love all the tanks. Even D.Va who I don’t play much. Her ability to mix her different abilities together DM-Rocket-Boosters-Primary somehow crosses wires in my brain and I mess up a lot (im sure with actual practice I’d get the hang of it).

Each one has it’s own style and nuance to how to properly use them. All of them have tricks that need to be learned and mastered to use at the maximum level.

Zarya is extremely fun, especially when you learn how to use her super jump. I was better at it before but if you watch Harbleu play Zarya you will see what I mean. He has her alt fire down to an artform hitting super jumps mid fight to jump over Doomfist/Rein charges. Chasing down mobile heros who think Zarya cant follow.

I love doing all of that. But due to Reins crazy Steadfast and recent movement increase he is stupid OP and pushes all other tanks out of viability.

It hasn’t felt this horrible to tank since pre 2-2-2.

DO you know how often I have seen genji on defense on hanamura? DPS mains are highly selfish and are always willing to throw games just so they can play their picks.

Where did he say this?

A bad teammate will always be a bad teammate no matter the role he picks. I’ve seen a lot of dps mains playing for the team and I’ve seen supports not giving a f. I Blame the player, not the role.

But I get what you mean, when I play Mercy or Zen I could always use some peeling you know.

I’ve definitely nannied my team when playing DPS, particularly if the other team ran something tanks don’t cope with well like Mei, Reaper, or Doomfist. But it’s not very common.

The thing is tanks feel less powerful than dps. You know it’s not true and I know it’s not true. But for most people their perception is reality.

1 Like

valorant comes out, people stop playing overwatch and the ques die on their own because they have lost a huge chunk of their playerbase by catering to casuals

“even though they control the game tanks feel less powerful, so we should cater to people who know so little about the game that they think the objectively most powerful class in the game is weaker than the objectively worse class in the game”

please do it. I cant wait to see overwatch player numbers plummet

Don’t worry according to the forums tons of people are leaving the game, so that should reduce the DPS que’s.

Shoot the shield. Just do it. Or play another game.

Overwatch 2. :clown_face:

hear me out

0/6/0

if everyone plays the same role, then there will be no queue times

Breaking News, but there’s a thing called ““opinion”” in this world… No need to patronize the other person for having a different experience than yours… :man_shrugging::man_facepalming:

I think the reason tanks feel less powerful than DPS is that DPS are incredibly inconsistent. At least at medium ranks, Tanks are pretty consistently good and supports are usually also good. DPS can vary from being totally useless to being hard carry monsters. This makes DPS feel like they control the match, which they kind of do, but it’s not because they’re better. It’s because they’re the most variable.

When you’re not playing ranked, sure it’s okay as an arcade-like mode. Not for competitive.

1-3-2 was fun, why would you keep the rules from quick play and competitive when they have driven away most of the player base.

Maybe they now have to actually start balancing the game properly or in other words start balancing solemnly on realistic potential in high tier gameplay with a splash of consideration towards lower tiers in low skill floor abilities like Sentries, Turrets and such being weaker than the rest of the heroes’ kit. Instead of allowing heroes like Rein and Ana linger as top picks intentionally they would have to actually nerf them and actually try to fine balance the tank roster which has been absolutely broken ever since Sigma was introduced to the game and completely ruined it. The only way to ever see the revival of tank players is to have a consistent balance between all the tanks where none of them reach absurd pickrates like Rein currently has because the only reason tank players have quit en masse is because of the horrible balancing within the role

It’s not a big deal, if que times get bad enough then they can still role lock without role que and just make everyone race to lock first or fill. I honestly think that’d be a better option, I actually got DPS once in a blue moon before.

Really? Was I the only one that liked the changes?