1-1-4 Role Queue

I feel like with 1 tank 1 support base, the max character should be 4 or 5 then, like a moba or something. It would seem less stressful of a role for those roles.

Hello again :stuck_out_tongue:

I would hate that to be honest, being the solo tank, even if they were compensated to do their job better, puts too much stress on the solo tank, and forces them to play perfectly and they never get to do ANYTHING but that, meaning we do a job so the others can have fun, and I’m not for that idea at all.

And also the same for solo healers, they would have to constantly just do that job, and especially on defense this becomes a problem, because when your solo tank or solo healer dies, you are forced to give up point, or you are forced to fight on point, wipe, and that would screw up the defense/attack 50/50 win rate they strive to balance maps for, everything would be attacker favored and that is a big problem.

3 Likes

I was saying on another thread they could do it for a new map type where you defend an objective with a shared health pool or something like that (now that I think about it that’s literally Junkenstien’s revenge), or maybe a Battlefront 2 type map with multiple capture points that you can recapture and who ever holds the most at the end wins. It’s not like they couldn’t do with some new official modes in rotation.

Yeah I’d like to see new competitive modes added, but for that, they would have to change the balance of a hero to a different hero entirely in a single mode, and I don’t like the idea of having to master two different versions of the same hero based on game type, and still, it has the obvious issue of even being balanced, but it still wouldn’t be fun to be the solo healer or tank because you are forced to do the job of ONLY mitigating damage, or ONLY healing with no downtime to actually get to have any fun for yourself, regardless of how it’s balanced it would still be the problem.

But again, I am for all new modes to be added to the regular competitive playlist, AS LONG AS ITS NOT A FRIGGEN VARIANT OF 2CP. >:c

1 Like

Well the BF2 style mode would be fine in comp but the double junkenstien mode might only be good for arcade.

1 Like

idk if this has been posted yet but:

2 Likes

Jeff specifically addressed this in a video, actually. Can’t remember exactly what was said though…

No. People already complain about tanks being so strong. Having one tank be able to stand up to 4 DPS would be more like boss mode.

Either way, solo tanking and solo healing is not fun. Why do DPS expect everything in the game to cater to them?

1 Like

Solo healing and tanking blows.

3 Likes

Am I the only one that enjoy’s the occasional solo heal?

No, but I think less than 50% of supports enjoy solo healing.

1 Like

I agree, the best meta is 4 dps 1T 1healer, just because they’ve created more damage dealers in thier roster it has to be meta. And ppl addapt for it. It is so fun to play 4dps+hamm+mercy. I gonna miss this chaos, where those stupid op orisa+hog with thier imba halt+hook are scattered at every corner and booped away bc of no skill set in those heroes, and thier backline can’t comfortly faceroll anymore. **** the structure in this game, it is boring.

What about 2/3/2? That would accommodate more DPS players while still having backups for the tanks & healers.

I wouldn’t want 1-1-4 as is but I keep getting that it would be too stressful which I understand since it’s a game, you want to have fun not be stress I just feel like the 2-2-2 role queue is going to give DPS a louder voice when they call for nerfs and a lot of the character changes that are going to come in the future to balance the game for 2-2-2 are going to suck especially since double sniper, dive and bunker are likely going to be back.

I’ll take it but only if Moira gets

• 500 health
  • Higher damage/healing
  • 3 second fade

So I can be invincible and kill all the DPS

:laughing:

1 Like

Seems people have forgotten but Overwatch was unique in that healers AND tanks could do significant enough damage so they could contribute damage to the overall team. Unfortunately that’s not good enough for a minority of very loud players who are now championing the loss of freedom of choice.

The devs tested this internally.

They hated it- and I do too for the same reasons.

Problem with being a single tank/healer is that if you die- your team crumbles right afterward. It puts ALL the tanking or healing pressure on one person, and it’s not fun.

2 Likes

2/3/2 could work but adding the additional person into a match might do all kinds of weird things to the meta can you imagine orisa, zarya, baptiste, mercy, torb, bastion, mei as a bunker comp, shield, bubble, wall, lamp all the while damage, damage, damage :fearful:
shudders in gold comp

Deal I’m a Flex main with a focus on Heal and tank, we’ll watch them scurry but only if tanks get complete CC immunity across the board
:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

This is going to ruin every single other mode.

Is 2-2-2 not going to be enforce in mystery hero’s, low gravity, or mayhem?
or not mayhem but in the other two?