0.28% D.va Pick rate after buff

You’re right they all deserve the buffs at the same time however as the devs are (intentionally) understaffed and very busy I believe they should focus on buffing heroes who have been very bad for very long rather than one hero who has had extremely good viability in the (fairly) recent past.

Blizzard is not the small indie company it says it is. It absolutely, one hundred percent, has the resources to buff D.Va in addition to other underpowered heroes. To say otherwise is arguing over nothing. If the HotS team can do it–and do it more often–so can the OW team

4 Likes

Thats why I said they were intentionally understaffed, they have a AAA gaming company (Activision) supporting them and yet they keep their numbers small and overwork themselves and then wonder why we’re mad. Good discussion though have a good day!

:man_facepalming: Activision and Blizzard for development are two separate companies, yes if Blizzard needs advice for FPS games like Overwatch talking with the team from the #1 FPS ever (COD) makes sense, much like if Activision makes a MMORPG of course they will talk with Blizzard.

Literally only dps characters the largest hero pool in the game.

Im not talking about Activision helping them with development Im talking about staffing. Blizzard has a small team of people working on OW despite having many resources and $$$ from Activision to help them staff themselves and be more productive but they refuse to do so.

And? they are still worse than D.va and have been for much much longer. If blizzard is gonna balance as slow as they do those heroes should take priority.

Dva aside, they’ve been balancing the same heroes for 3 and a half years, and half the rouster - including most of the heroes that the game launched with are still nowhere near an acceptable state. In fact, several of those heroes are worse then when they launched! Pharah, Symm etc… and in the case of Sym, the bar was already extraordinarily low because she was always awful - to the point where she’s on her 3rd rework… and each rework is worse than the last. If that’s not something to be ashamed of, then I don’t know what is.

While the heroes will never be 1:1 (that much is impossible), they should still be close to each other.

One of my favorite games is Smash Ultimate. That game had 74 characters in the base rouster, will habe 80 by the end of this month, and 86 in the next year and a half. The characters in Smash Ultimate are infinitely more complicated than any hero in OW, and is shockingly, well balanced. While we don’t have the statistics, After the first week of the games launch, the games director, Sakurai came out and said that according to their statistics, every character’s winrate was plus or minus 20 percent from 60 percent median. While that range is wide, it is impressive considering the sheer amount of characters and variables.

OW is nowhere near this balanced. Heroes are either OP or UP. The devs can’t decide on direction, and they listen to the wrong kinds of feedback for the wrong reason.

In the early days of Smash, lots of people complained about K.Rool… on the surface, he seems absolutely broken, and people cried for nerfs. The first patch, K.Rool got buffs. Know why? He was at that bottom end of the winrate. If this were OW, K.Rool would have been destroyed due to a vocal minority not knowing how to deal with him.

That’s enough of my Smash analogy. Take it or leave it, it is just my 2 cents. I just think the devs could do significantly better. I think the games balance should be stable for the release of OW2, with all characters being relatively equal. I think the devs can do a lot better then what they have been… and I think we should all expect that.

1 Like

Can I get a TLDR or will I have to read the whole thing :sob:

Okay I read it and I agree wholeheartedly, the devs are not doing the best they can and if they were balancing much faster than they are I would be fighting for D.va buffs but because they are working so slowly I want to see other get addressed first.

The devs can do better and they should be embarrassed by their sloppy balance job.

1 Like

:man_facepalming: Blizzard has $0 from Activision, Activision has $0 from Blizzard, Blizzard has $0 from Blizzard, Activision has $0 from Blizzard. Their development teams in terms of staffing are 1000% separate entities, people are hired to work for Blizzard or Activision (not Activision-Blizzard which I will get into in a moment) for development, the twains do not meet.
Activision-Blizzard (formerly Vivendi games) is a stock holding company that handles the publishing / advertising and collecting money from development by all the companies under it (including King games) then redistributing that as needed to support the various projects / current roster of games. They distribute the budget to all the companies under their banner.

Unless they straight up make D.Va completely op she will remain irrelevant until the mess that is Orisa/Sigma actually gets fixed. The game is currently dominated by main tanks as Sigma has single handedly made every off tank obsolete with is broken kit. Literally launch Brig 2.0. D.Va just got it worst.

That said though I think D.Va is at least “playable” now, but also still situational.

No one expect her or any other hero in her station aka : moira/sym/sombra so heroes who have been trash for a long time to be must picks out of no where , we just expect them to finally be decent at best and playable , what obviously dva isnt , this buff did barely anything to help her

'cough" moira “cough”

zoom zoom.
that is all.

That usually how it goes until reality wakes em up.

Well I’m enjoying playing her right now. Of course, I’m just a pleb from QP.

I am a Bronze pleb :slight_smile: and proud of it.

1 Like

Yeah she should be on that list too.

Ligma is broken af… remember when Blizzard said, Junkrats Bombs are to big and then nerfed em by 33%? Yeah… those same Blizzards are the ones that created Ligma and gave his primary fire bigger ones… and the best part? You cant dodge them because of their redicilous size, their speed and the splash-dmg, even if you stand 1m from where they land you still eat that crazy dmg. Blizzard has 0 clue about balancing… they failed in WoW big time and then people expect them to balance a shooter game… How long is Hanzo broken af already?..
And only Blizzard could think that an instakill is a good think and especially a “fun” thin in OW and instead of nerfing rocket punch they criple Noobfist… they show again, that they have no clue of what they are doing… nerfing a hero by giving him the wrong nerfs… nerfs that dont fix the issue at hand. Look what they did with Junkrat, its literally the best example in history of gaming how to nerf a hero in the wrong way.

1. Buff a hero and tell people its because he is inconsistant
  2. nerf initial buffs by 80%
  3. give that hero the wrong nerfs and make him even MORE inconsistant than he was before you planed to buff him.
  4. tell yourself: successfully balanced a hero
  5. +surprised pikachu face+