đź”· Here's my feedback

I’ll start with that I haven’t played the game since the end of… what season was the previous one? 20? I can’t even remember… Whatever. I quit after 17 seasons and achieving top500, and here’s why.

There are so many players who have raised many different concerns about hero/map balance, with a handful that are quite popular at any given time across all skill levels. Even if the big personalities of this game talk about some pretty obvious balance issue, we hear nothing from you. Absolute silence.

The game can go months and months without that issue being addressed, and the players have no idea whether you’re aware of it or not, whether you’re taking any action to resolve that issue or not, whether you care… or not. Players like me feel absolutely miserable because it seems like you don’t care about something we love so much.

This nice package also comes with painfully slow balance, even after faster patches were promised some time ago. After what felt like an eternity we get a balance patch, that most of the time doesn’t address any problems, or it does the least it can against the issue. Taking this much time to put out a good, heavy balance patch would be fine, but you take way too much time to take small steps towards solving an issue. That’s simply not healthy for competitive.

While I’m at the topic of balance, the experimental mode seems to not actually be used to experiment. All changes that have been put on the experimental mode were are the same as if they were put on PTR back in the days when we didn’t have experimental. The only changes on there that could be considered an experiment is the 1-3-2 change, but that one was so poorly executed on the hero balance side… It was such a wonderful attempt at reducing the queue times, but all was lost once we saw those patch notes. I’ve posted about a possible 1-4-1 experiment here, if you care.

Oh I accidentally mentioned queue times a little sooner than I initially intended, oh whatever. 1-3-2 was executed poorly and thus didn’t work, so where are other attempts at solving the problem of high queue times? Will we ever see heroes from the damage category moved to the other 2 roles in order to reduce queue times, at least as an experiment? Will we ever see a new iteration of role queue, or a rollback to open queue? I sincerely hope there is something happening behind the scenes regarding this issue, but once again, the player base isn’t informed about anything.

Is there ever going to be said anything about the amount of smurf accounts in this game? Smurfs don’t only ruin low ranked experience, there is a much greater difference between a 4k player playing against a 4.5k player on a smurf than there’s between a 3.5k player playing against a 4k player, as the skill requirements in order to climb rise exponentially.

And cheaters? Will we ever see some radical moves towards that issue? They are so common in 4k+ games, I wouldn’t be able to count the amount of cheaters on just one hand after playing 10 games. Valorant’s AC is working more than well (of course, a perfect AC will never exist, as it’s impossible to create), and they’re paying out hackers who manage to get through their AC. Take some notes.

I don’t want to wait for OW2 for you guys to tell me after all the waiting that none of this was addressed. I don’t want to wait for OW2 with any of these issues in general. I want to be sure, because I’m willing to invest my own time and money into the game and grind the F out of it. It all lies in the communication with the players, and there’s currently none except the few random posts from Jeff, who seems to be the only person on the OW team who somewhat cares.

TED talk over. Excuse my english as it’s not my first language.

2 Likes

Well they banned 3k players, so thats a good step, and they brought back Open Queue competitive, that surely has already made a great impact on Role Competitive, as many players DID NOT want this, now they have the opportunity to go back, and if it is here to stay due to great feedback and statistics like Mystery Heroes, it will be permanent

The main reason of “Experimental” was to give ALL players a change to try, 1% of the player base is on PTR, that’s already low feedback, unless its a huge patch like a new hero that requires PTR, now they can get 80% of players feedback.

There are tens of millions OW players, 3k is a rookie number compared to that. Sure, a small step… another small step… talked about those quite a bit in the OP.

That competitive mode is a part of the arcade game modes if I’m not mistaken…? When was the last time any of the arcade competitive modes were relevant?

They should really focus on experimenting in the experimental mode, as the balance is rather bad than good. They can gain feedback from polls within the launcher on any changes they’ve decided to push onto the PTR.

not sure why they would care to hear someones opinion if they literally quit…but w/e

they have addressed many issues about hero balance and even map balance recently (hell they even pulled 2 maps out of rotation while they work on them)…they cant address every single balance tweak ever proposed on here and even then they cant make everyone happy…we all have VERY different opinions about what balance looks like and which aspects are the most important…they do what they think is needed

laughable…you know despite the fact that theyve openly admitted that they are past the point where OW1 is their focus (something that is absolutely worth mentioning), Jeff has probably been the most vocal ive ever seen him in the past 2 or 3 months…but again theyve openly moved on

i said as much in your other thread about this topic…but stop getting all bent out of shape over the name the card has…its a glorified PTR…thats what it will mostly be used for…and OCCASIONALLY you might get something like 132 on there…

many people like the balance changes that were on there…some more than others…i dont think its right to make the blanket statement that it was poorly executed

id argue classic comp right now is another…

im with you here…but at the same time how exactly do you want them to address this?? its not exactly simple…matchmakers (in any game) arent exactly hard to fool

weird given the past week…but ill go ahead and say they can always do more

couldnt tell at all so i guess thats a compliment

Most of the concerns you have with my feedback have already been answered in the OP, so there’s that.

Perhaps they would like to know where they failed their customers, as they always boast about loving to read feedback…?

The most important aspect should be the health of the competitive play, if the game itself is marketed as a, quote, highly competitive first person shooter?

Which is the point where the experimental mode becomes completely useless. It’s not even a glorified PTR, it’s just a global workshop mode with mostly random changes.

It was poorly executed. A solo tank needs to sustain much more pressure if they’re solo tanking. All they did to tanks was they made off tanks into main tanks and left it at that.

They should’ve made tanks actual tanks. Most effective at short range with great area denial abilities, at least that’s what a tank should be.

They did none of that in that patch.

Only accounts with a linked phone number should be able to access competitive. Quite simple.

Thanks

Sorry but having a PREVIOUS main competitive mode make a RETURN any way WILL BENEFIT THE QUEUE TIMES. Doesnt matter if its arcade, its the exact same mode, and it made a return and has gotten positive feedback, enough said

They could instead replace the current competitive mode iteration with open queue competitive for like a week or two. I’m sure they would get tons of feedback from that.

What they can do is have a side by side queue, so once you click on competitive, you have two cards that appear, Role Queue and Open Queue and so on, same can be done with Quick Play

With that you have the same situation as with the arcade mode. A mere handful of players would play it.

If they crave feedback so badly, they should force it out of the players. Replacing role queue with open queue for a week would get them tons of it, as I said.

Are you talking about the 16K+ cheaters banend in the last week wave ?

3K in korea. A lot more in the world.

Baja summed it up pretty well

But they would get mixed responses, everyone knows what it is, and majority of the players dont like open queue.

It wouldn’t be so bad with alterations, to be honest, like always enforcing at least 1 tank and 1 support. And I’m not so sure the majority dislikes it.