đź’Ž What buff could Symmetra get for:

In trade for the teleporter not moving pre-existing sentries.

I personally want her Shield Gen/TP Ultimate back.

Just for nostalgia.

2 Likes

What about another 20 damage on her orb? /s

In all seriousness, I feel that would be a relatively major nerf. It would open the door for a real buff. Such as 30 more damage on her orb.

Okay, okay. I will stop memeing. I actually kind of like the orb change just because I actually use them unlike a lot of Sym. So really, even a 10 damage increase on orb would make me a Tracer slaying menace.

1 Like

Yeah, but what if instead you had 50 extra shieldhealth…

1 Like

Oh mama… I am obsessed with shield health. I am really jealous I do not play many characters that have it. That would be lovely… You would never need healers or health packs again. That is the American Dream.

2 Likes

Speaking of memes.

4 Likes

I feel like she needs health pack station, a second option side with teleporter.

Let Symmetra’s alt fire damage charge up her primary too. You’d have to, you know, respect Symmetra’s space if she could hit you for 120 damage and then smoke you with her full charge primary.

3 Likes

You mean 140 damage :stuck_out_tongue:

Whoa there, we don’t want Symmetra to be overtuned.

So, about that…

Overwatch PTR Patch Notes – February 6, 2020

Y’know, it’d be funny if in light of the reaction to the orb damage buff, the devs scrap it before it hits live…and then just not touch Sym at all, instead of giving her +orb speed/+50 shield/beam range/whatever that Sym players have been asking for.

Maybe this.

Symmetra’s teleporter not being able to move existing sentries kills a lot of the offensive potential of the skill. I think you could do one of the following if you make that change:

• Increase the slow and damage on the turrets. I’d probably make it so that you only need one turret around to be able to face most characters you’d go up against
  • Reduce the cooldown of the Teleporter. 10 seconds is the obvious choice, but it’d make more sense for some “if Symm destroys the tp herself the cooldown is lowered further” thing.
  • This is the most interesting. What if Symmetra’s teleporter teleported projectiles both ways? That would make it a really interesting utility option for a ton of reasons that’d take a long time to write here. You could even make it so that Symmetra’s beam could poke through the teleporter, giving it range she didn’t have before! If you did this kind of thing though you’d have to make it easy to see the world on either side of the teleporter so it’s obvious that objects are being teleported.

Okay the last change there is the one I want the most because it sounds the most fun. However, it seems like it’d be a feat of programming that would take more time to do than a rework of Symmetra that doesn’t make any abilities, so it’d never happen. Honestly I hope that the experimental card does stuff like that - reworks without adding anything new (but maybe re-using old abilities).

Ability to hold and release orbs on command would be a nice start.
(or shield gen)

Ummm while picking a character if you pick sym, torb, or bastion then overwatch is closed uninstalled and newgrounds page is opened up to a tower defense game because thats where their players belong.

Ooh… like Samus in Smash Bros.

I’d dig it.

That’d be dope to charge up before a fight, go in with laser and insta-pop a charged orb out once you break shield.