🏓 Why are people posting about Hong Kong? [Explanation]

But those repetitive posts can.

1 Like

Blizzard has been known to ban any speech in support of Hong Kong in order to lock the boots of their China overlords.

An what is Overwatch? A collection of heroes willing to do what’s right for the whole world.

1 Like

No? I made it pretty clear that no Western Government would allow a company to continue business if it was actively and publicly encroaching human rights. A company that’s in India is not a western government.

Stop being purposefully obtuse. Obviously I’m talking about the CEO.

Not really? I can give you a couple of reasons besides a loss which would lead to a company trying to avoid any sort of litigation. Even in general, most companies do not want to be known because of a court case. It’s bad PR.

Not when they function own their own and are in a different country. Think of it like Disney. We know Disney owns Pixar but Pixar has its own headquarters with its own team. In that case, the majority of decisions made by Pixar is their specific team doing it. Disney would just have control over other major decisions regarding the company.

Yes because everyone knows that communism in its most ideal form is never going to work. What people mean by “communist” is mainly from the Cold War USSR who were the major figurehead for communism. You’d think people would understand this by now… :roll_eyes:

Government controls a lot of things, censorship and they have a one party policy. Historically speaking, this is very prevalent in communist regimes.

More like politically fascist and state centered capitalist policy

4 Likes

They call it communist and they sound like a more lenient version of the USSR imo. :man_shrugging:t4: The last half of your sentence is correct though.

If they announce Overwatch 2, I predict the President of Blizzard will be forced to step down. You cannot release a game that important after this bad of an international backlash. Their smartest choice would be at the very least to delay a full 6 months on announcing ANYTHING, and at most they should apologize and rescind all punishments pro-Hong Kong players. The Blizzard President is jeopardizing his job and I’m not just saying that as some passive-aggressive threat I think this is legitimately going to cost him his career if he doesn’t reevaluate this stupid strategy.

I guess you’d be wrong.

Since the post count keeps climbing with some old, but plenty of new people.

Sorry, some things are more important than your feelings about video games.

1 Like

Like i give a crap if this annoys your escapist, head-stuck-in-the-sand sensibilities. You could say…i don’t care whether or not you care.

4 Likes

First of all, none of the posts you replied to were originally in this thread. They got merged in here and you are replying to them out of context.

Second, you attacking people is only going to make them resent you and any cause you believe in. Literally creating people to oppose you directly.

Third, screaming on the forums is going to accomplish nothing. Spend that energy doing something productive for the people of Hong Kong rather than whine about it on the discussion forums of a video game.

You could be raising awareness of donation pages for Hong Kong protesters , use VPN to post on Chinese websites directly where your words would be more impactful, or even putting on pressure to your local representatives to stop supporting Chinese product.

But no. You’re yelling at people on a video game forum.

No one here cares and your words have no impact here. You are wasting your time.

That post was for a different thread spamming the forums and was merged into this thread.

1 Like

I wonder how blizz con is going to go this year

1 Like

Frankly and as a gamer. This all just nonsense.
Broke the rules, and he was punished. Move on.

1 Like

I hope slacktivists are as lazy about going outside as they usually are.

Or people remember that devs are not the higher ups. But no, people will think that booing devs just doing their jobs is helping to do something.

Hello there fellow gamer. If you were a fellow gamer, you’d understand how video games as a whole have been routinely censored since the beginning and gamers in general have been complaining about censorship from the very start.

From anime tiddies to plots being rewritten to avoid controversy, we’ve been here complaining and trying to stop that stuff. Meanwhile you sit there and just go “hurrrrrrrrrr dont careeeeeeeeeee” and undermine all of it.

4 Likes

Not to mention Meis VA if she will be there.

1 Like

Company makes catchall rule that makes everyone in violation of it by default.

the average diablo mobile fan: “they broke the rules, therefore they deserved to be banned.”

5 Likes

I was aware of the context when i wrote my reply.

Ah, so me abrasively proclaiming that i don’t care makes you feel attacked? Curious.

Why does it have to accomplish anything? I just talk about it/take part in this discussion because it’s something i am interested in and care about. You don’t have to and i don’t expect you to.

Well i did sign some petitions but even if i hadn’t, i’d still like to give my 2 cents here. Also, many of the posts in this thread were quite productive in my opinion. The only waste of energy is by posters like you, coming in snot-nosed and upset because other people discuss something you don’t want to read, trying to shut down the conversation.

Good suggestions, thanks. It’s important to actually act on one’s convictions. Doesn’t change that i’ll still want to share my thoughts on the subject here.

Who is yelling? Try turning down the volume on your end maybe?

Like i said, i don’t care whether you care.

I don’t consider that a waste of time. On the other hand, complaining about what other people are discussing even though i supposedly do not care? Oh absolutely.

5 Likes

Jesus Christ is this still a thing?
Nobody cares! D:

1 Like

Right, but not even highest of higher ups actually have control over or the power to change the circumstances that compelled Blizz to make crappy decisions.

And since booing the entity of ActiBlizz itself is a bit hard, the people that are there to represent it will have to do.

Yes. Thanks for helping keep the thread alive, by the way.

You know what i think? You do care, you just don’t want to admit it.

4 Likes