š“‚€ Pharah ideas thread

prolikechros view of what pharah needs I found his proposal quiet intriguing and unique to anything else Iā€™ve seen, yet still for the most part maintaining her core kit.

What power creep Hanzo Doomfist tracer widdow ARE THE OP u just nerf them thereā€™s other facking dps in this game

I like the fastfall thing and the slight mobility during Rocket Barrage.

I donā€™t even like fighting Pharah. This would be good for her and fair, though.

You basically hit all the changes overall.

However I would like to add that Concussive Blast is in desperate need of a fix in two areas:

1. D.Va and Orisa are currently grounded when firing. (Acknowledged by a dev as a bug, so hopefully a fix is on the way)

2. The effect matches the blast radius and LOS landing point. Currently a pinpoint, should be a slight bubble to compensate for strange map geometry like stairs or ledges and even rails and the payload.

Other than that you got everything

• Give her concussive a larger self-boop since its her ONLY form of horizontal mobility (only gives you about 2 extra meters atm) and reduce its ASTRONOMICALLY HIGH 12 second cooldown to something less ridiculous

• Reduce her absurdly high 10 second mobility shiftboost to something more reasonable and in-line with other mobility skills

• Cancelable Barrage, or move while barraging

• Remove self harm or make it equal to other heroeā€™s self harm. Nobody else can kill themself in literally under 4 seconds with their main weapon and literally under 1 second with their ult, Pharah is exponentially higher at self-harm than anyone else in the game for some god **** reason

• LET most of the healers have a really tall cylinder of effect so they actually reach Pharah. Right now the ONLY healers that reach her are anaā€™s rifle only, brigā€™s armor pack only, and mercy. Two of those three have to be focused on the battlefield and whatā€™s around them, not looking up into the sky. The one healer that CAN heal her just got directly nerfed to healing, and gets nerfed monthly. Do you not see the problem?

#BoycottBarrage

2 Likes

I really like this last one. Almost all my hours on Pharah were quickplay before Comp. Where my girlfriend would pocketheal me with Lucio.

Canā€™t do that anymore.

Iā€™ll add this one up top.

1 Like
  • Dva with 3DM, missiles.
  • Hanzo Arrow buffs.
  • Hammond.
  • Falloff buffs on hitscans + Mei.
  • Sombra hacks + spread buffs.
  • Junkrat dual mine and tire buffs.

Itā€™s not just the ā€œopā€ heros you listed, itā€™s harder to play her now more than ever. She is BOTH countered and replaced by the power creep among the roster. Why pick Pharah to counter Brig when Hanzo has an ability that can shred her barrier? Why pick her over Junkrat when he can actually follow up on his kills?

RIP in peace console players

The first and last ideas sound good, but whenever Pharah is on the ground, sheā€™s useless. The time it would take to ā€˜self-repairā€™ would make it useless. It would never be used as a zen, mercy or ana would do itā€™s job better.

Pharah is fine? Pharah is op? It just make me laugh. I have over 400h on pharah on mid diamond lvl and thats it, I cant lvl up. Pharah without mercy is a most gruesome experience you can think of. All other healers do absolutly nothing for her.

Lucio - ground healing
Moira - ground healing
Ana - dont make me laugh, Iā€™ve played with anaā€™s that heal pharah few times but I can cou8nt in on one hand
Brig - yes she can ocasionaly heal pharah but when she is fighting hitscan its sometimes too late or just not worth
Zen - if he remembers to orb you you can do some things
Mercy - the ONLY consistant healer for Pharah

I am sorry to say but Pharah is NOT working without mercy becouse right now there are a way better dps options.

Pharah deals MAX 120 dmg and thats if you are skillfull enough to do directs.
How much Hanzo deals with the storm arrows? He is just melting everyone in front of him.
Fighting McCree is kinda hilarius now, god damn mini widow.

I have a few problems with her.

• her dmg is not consistant to be viaable vs other dps, you need to be a god to make her work with directs
  • with the current buff to ALL hitscans she is dying like a fly, she needs some other options of survival or dmg negation
  • Ultimate - can work like a suicide button unless you catch whole team unguarded but with any pebles comming your way - youā€™re dead

I love this hero BUT the way the game is played right now its way too faast for pharah to be effective. Hiting your rockets vs tracer jumping around, genji crawling all the times, Hanzos jumping all the ways and one shoting you accros the map. I dare you to try killing hammond with pharah before he escapes - literally cant do it.

Sorry but I just think Pharah is in a really bad spot now, and unless you have a perfect pocket you have hard time.

I really would be really glad if devs could somehow increase her survivality vithout a mercy or increase her dmg on this spicy directs. The way the OW moved right now her 120 dmg per shots from a ROCKET is laughable when one abbility from hanzo can shread tank in 3 sec.

Give her a passive
Personal field, that if she is not getting hit for 3 sec there is a field around her that reduces dmg taken by x% for maximum 30% on her health.

That would give her time to response of the dmg incoming her way.

Also I would like to see some dmg increase on directs rockets. If you are able to hit those directs you should be rewarded for it.

Directs rockets now deal - 180 per shot but her AoE dmg is reduced by 50%.
That way the skillfull pharah players would be able to shine and the spam would not matter.

Pls, make her a sky queen again.

2 Likes

I largely agree with most everything you posted, but I think 180 for direct shots would be too OP once the player learns to divebomb, she would become the best tank-melter in the game and able to 1 shot tracer with no damage boost seems a bit too easy

I donā€™t think her damage or killing output is in need of help, I think her survivability by far is more in trouble atm

• Give cancelable barrage ,or let us move during barrage
  • Give 50 or 100 of her HP as armor that regens since only 3 heroes can even heal her in the air

Thatā€™s the only changes Iā€™d make

#BoycottBarrage

1 Like

XB allows Keyboards? If so, PSN doesnā€™t which may make her a little op. I donā€™t like a flying character in an fps game anyway.

Ok, I might wrote the dmg numer a bit too high but still I think she SHOULD be able to one shot tracer IF she is able to land this direct rocket on her that is ABSOLUTELY ridiculusly hard to do when she is actually focusing you.

Right now killing Tracer vs Pharah is an easy farm for Tracer. Even if you hit her with this direct rocket she just recall and finish you off.

I think the battle should be even, if you are not able to hit Tracer with direct rocket, she will kill you BUT if you can she will think twice of aproaching you. The same goes for Mccree, if he is able to land his stun on her he wins, if not, he needs ridiculusly good aim to kill her before she finish him off.

Skill should be rewarded.

I prefer making it easier for Lucio to heal her.

I still love this thread. I want all these changesssss.

1 Like

As a psn man, letā€™s not give her more mobility. Maybe ulting gives her a small barrier or shield or something so she can get more ult off if the enemy team is pegging her every ult. Or maybe make her boost directional depending on which way you are going at the time.

i think a slight increase on her AoE knockback would be beneficial. The knockback would make aiming at her significantly more difficult.

Medium to short range characters would have a harder time but her counters in widow/other pharahs
Wouldnā€™t notice as much?

Not a pharah player though so yeah grain of salt.

These are great ideas, particularly if these have good visual cues to make it not feel unpredictable to fight. Thereā€™s a lot of scope here to make her more viable, and to make her feel more responsive for both her opponent and the person playing her. Good idea.

(I hope this doesnā€™t count as necroing, but the OP brought it up elsewhere and these are great ideas that I feel warrant discussion, particularly with the new hero release)

I could repost the same thread with the exact same content, but that wouldnā€™t seem all that constructive to me.

With Ashe, I think devs are going to have to take a look at Pharah again. So itā€™s very relevant to the current situation.

Updated the top info to be more current with Ashe.

Hi,

Simple fix.

Jumpjet cancels barrage.
Barrage resets Jumpjetā€™s cooldown.

This would let you do strategic flanks and cancel once the element of surprise is gone. Makes it less of a suicide ult.

Thoughts?

2 Likes