✅ Secret of the Mei / McCree changes

Would have to test it, kinda depends if it can animation cancel the 0.35sec delay.
But in I’m guessing you won’t be able to get the whole combo to work.

Thanks Greyfalcon for this!
Interesting to know, I think it’s a good change for mcree, not sure if mei needed it though but we’ll see.

I think removing Mei’s ability to pull off a 412 damage combo on a stunned target will probably be just enough to mess with her OWL pickrate.

She might even be able to get some minor buffs in return. Like +50 selfheal.

1 Like

Time to start fanning on tracers/genjis again after flash to tilt them.

And just say “hey game forced me to do so”

1 Like

I already do that :wink:

1 Like

Woah, some McCree players might have to aim a bit more now :wink:

*prepares for salt*

1 Like

I only do that when I’m feeling under the weather and they forces me to play mccree to deal with them.

And if even that does work, doomfist is coming out.

It’s funny that the hero that eventually appeals to these 2 hero mains becomes such a good tool against them even in the hands of a non-mobile-dps player.

I think your numbers are off. On live McCree can theoretically fire 3 shots in the duration of his stun. T=0 is one shot, T=.42s is the second shot, and T=.84s is the third shot. Obviously this requires some positioning for the stun and the first shot to occur at the same time, but it’s possible.

Even with the change to .7 seconds though, McCree can still fire 2 shots in his stun duration so long as he fires the first shot within .28 seconds.

It seems like a short time, but compare this to his old .5s firerate with the .85 second stun and two tapping a target then was still very much possible.

With Mei, you weren’t firing more than one icicle per freeze very often anyway, because you had such a long time to line up the headshot.

There’s a 0.35sec delay between throwing the flash and being able to shoot.

Granted there’s a little bit of wiggle room for “longer range” flashes.

But that gets into the realm of “is this humanly possible, and would all those frames just get eaten by lag or aiming even if it was theoretically possible.”

Cause you might get yourself less than a tenth of a second to work with.

I’m confused…a buff to tanks is also more reason to play them…so that helps the “nobody” issue

1 Like

Yes, and that worries me.

I was ok with the wall getting more slippery, so heroes could get through smaller holes, because, that was a good change.

I was even ok with the changes around letting people get away from freeze faster because it helped fix the broken interaction with Hammond.

Moveing power from left click to right click via ammo changes? sure, it hurt more than I expected, and dropped her pick rate across the board a lot… I was ok with that.

But I can see show she is doing now, and removing double headshot on freeze? I’m going to nope out of that. She isn’t in a good enough spot that this is even reasonable.

They even mentioned that OWL was slower at picking up shifts in the posts when they were announcing the card was coming. Like they already expected her to drop.

Well, they could probably throw her a small buff after. Like better selfheal or slowly refill ammo in iceblock.

Since the goal is to mess with her OWL viability. But after that’s done, they can give her buffs that don’t help her skill ceiling.

If they buff her, I think they will make her right click a LOT more chunky in damage.

But I expect they will leave her garbage for a few years as it is the blizzard way.

You know how much I love to Mei, and how little I use the left click, but this will push even me off playing her.

And it is a projectile with travel time. It flies 3 meters every .1 seconds, so nearing max range flashes eats up over 2 thirds of that recovery time.

Now, looking at the numbers it’s not possible to fire 3 shots in the stun duration, because there’s still .1 second of recovery at best. That shortens the time that you can follow up on the stun on live to .75 seconds, and Experimental would change that to .6 seconds. But that is still plenty of time to follow up on a stun with two shots.

It is. I can do it. And I’m average. It lowers the amount of wiggle room McCree had to do a 2 tap to about proportionally the same he had with a .5s fire rate.

And consider this; even if you do fire the first shot too late, in the tenths of seconds after the stun has ended how many heroes are going to have their abilities ready to defend themselves with?

Yeah… And it hurts me too cause I know how strong this “small change” is even if other people had no idea this existed.

That said she’s overnerfed on ladder as-is, so this is gonna hurt.

But I think anything that helps her in Plat and below, but doesn’t help much in GM/Pro will be on the table. Even possibly unnerfing some of the cooldowns.

Or maybe a better iceblock cooldown.

Iceblock cooldown change won’t fix it.

The issue is she has EXTREMELY low DPS output. Breaking shields is 100% off the table.

Freezing people who keep their mobility for escape, is also off the table.

So, you can really only get value when people mess up, and are too aggressive. You don’t have the mobility to get behind shields, you don’t have the ability to drop them. You don’t have the damage output to fire past them.

What you do have is the ability to get value from enemy mistakes.

But, this reduces that, which is the only thing you are good at.

No amount of buffing iceblock would fix it.

If you are going to make her into a regular DPS (which is what all of these changes are pushing her towards) then you got to make her into a regular DPS, and give her regular DPS output.

So she can get more picks outside of freeze, bust shields etc.

All of these changes have stripped utility from her. Then the non utility stuff has gotta go up.

Do I hate that? yeah, but that is the direction they are committing to.

Well, I’ll keep an eye on changes they can do.

Since I hate to say it, but this Mei nerf probably is something the devs copied off me. Again.

So maybe they will listen when it’s clear she needs buffs.

I would have much rather had the wall health 1/2ed for shorter cooldown.

Between that and slippery walls, I think she would have been fine.

But main line DPS here we go.

Makes perfect sense actually

We should all rejoice but it is sad to see some people crying they nerfed their character CC now buff her ,CC changes were supposed to make everyone happy but some people are themselves CC abusers so they cannot change.