✅ Modified 1-3-2 that can be 1-1-2-2

Which should still be fine without an offtank for the lower 2/3rds of Comp, plus Quickplay.
Which is like 85% of the players.

2 Likes

Hard to say how the player base would pick after huge buffs like that.
Even if you got Blizzards numbers it would not be accurate.
I can only speak for myself but i know that every single time i pick a main tank it is not because i want to but because i feel like i have to.
If i could play D.VA, Zarya or DPS every game without feeling like im soft throwing i would.
What would help queue times is if main tanks were not mandatory and you got dubble offtank vs dobble offtank whenever there was not enough main tanks online.
This would also get rid of the stomps you get when there is main + offtank vs 2x offtanks. (So would your solution).
But gameplaywise this would probably be a downgrade otherwise.
The main issue is that everyone crave a barrier tank on there team but no want wants to play them.

Oh, it will be fine, but this is coming from the people who thought double main tank or healer was weak because they worship the holy cult of balanced team comps. You know, the people that would freak out at too many snipers if Ana was your healer.

Yup, but the main problem there was the catch-22, where you want to buff Barrier Tanks to make them more desirable.

But then you run into the issue that DoubleBarrier is too strong, and DoubleOffTank becomes even more of a throw comp.

With this change, DoubleBarrier and DoubleOffTank don’t exist.
So you’re clear to buff BarrierTanks… a lot.

6 Likes

A majority of the games would be 1 main tank 3 DPS 2 supports. It would probably reduce queue times but not eliminate the ability for a main tank to play with an off tank.

1 Like

This would require them to be buffed. And that’s a no because - better than DPS.

I would gladly see something like this on the experimental card but my gut tells me that 1-3-2 with small buffs on the main tanks and huge buffs on the offtanks is the way to go for OW2 if they want to get rid of the queues.
All i know for a fact though is that something has to be done.
Queue times are huge and when you get 2 offtank mains in the same team right now it gets very ugly very fast.

1 Like

The other thing, this “fixing queue times” ideally would get done before Valorant launches.
But absolutely needs to be solved before OW2 launches.

1 Like

I personally don’t care. I’m happy if the Off tank has a gold gun. That at least makes me more - Okay they know the character better. I’ll follow them and focus tanks. But I don’t write it off 100% failure.

sigma is still an off tank

I would rather not make him a main tank once again

Why is that?

Keeping in mind, devs will probably be buffing barrier tanks like crazy, if this goes through

1 Like

Like with 222, or 123 how many Balance changes the devs are willing to do will make or break the mode.

1 Like

I mean, personally, I would play the Main/Barrier Tanks, if they would buff them.

I was actually one of the people that were for the original 132 concept we tried out. And I was fine with solo tanking. I played all three rolls pretty evenly, during the time we had the experimental card.

And, this solution does appeal to me, even more. I could get a Barrier Tank that doesn’t suck, 1/2 or 0/3 (Heavy/Normal) DPS, and two Supports, and away we go.

This could really please a lot of people, I think. those who like playing off tanks, wouldn’t have to worry about their tanks being heavily changed to try to be Main ones. DPS still potentially get extra slots. And, if buffed correctly, the people who do like main tanking, would go to that role.

I think once people got over the initial shock of “oh, my god, I’m technically the only tank on the team”, I think it could be a really cool concept.

Like I said to GreyFalcon, I think this is one of his better ideas.

3 Likes

Lets be real here. It is Blizzard.
They are notoriously slow.
Not saying you are wrong.

Zarya turned into a dumbed down defensive Lucio in 1-3-2. You figure a way for bubble to stay the way it is. While being the only tank. I will than consider it. If not, not playing PVP anymore.

I think they could get over that pretty quickly with all the buffs raining from the heavens.

Like let’s say they get 50% resistance to all forms of CC.

4 Likes

That’s why I keep providing them good ideas. Like the one that allowed them to balance-patch the game 4x faster, without requiring a console recertification.

Devs are much more likely to pick up an idea, if you do all the mental legwork for them.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Summoning Robot Wizard.
So I think I finally figured it out.

My explaination still sucks, but I think I got it.

Part of the idea basically makes Mei into an offtank.

1 Like

Great idea you have here :wink:.

Hope the devs go with something like this. It solves every gripe I have with role queue.

people who like 222 arent against freedom they just understand that quad dps sucks for everyone except for the dps

this would need alot more polishing but i could totally see this as a method of improving dps q times without turning every game into i hate tanks game.

i dont really see double off tank as a problem i just see it as a method of playing tanks its a comp that has it own merits especially in modes like koth.

removing double barrier is a net win for everyone since no one really enjoys it not tanks not dps not sup.

i dont really se how it prevents your provided example of 2 tanks plus mei/reaper since you could still do rein zar and mei/reaper are both synergistic with brawl comps

im not sure how much it would actually drop q times but what i do know is that solo q on tank would probably drop alot