ImmoField HealthGating rework

What if ImmoField instead of providing full immunity from death, just did something like:

• All damage above 50 per instance, reduced to 50.

So things like D.va Bomb, Riptire, Pulse Bomb, Widow headshot, all get “Blocked”

But it doesn’t do anything against Dive, or HanzoUlt, or focus fire in general.

Then throw in whatever HP and Cooldown buffs are needed to make it so it doesn’t suck.

So it basically adds a damage cap?

I don’t know how to feel about the idea tbh.

This makes immor far more niche, meaning it’ll still be dreaded when it’s at all effective.

This also eliminates the only decent option supports have to aid against anti-nade so idk.

Depending on the cap and how it would look in tests, I’d be for it.

2 Likes

I’d be fine with it if it ran off a timer instead of HP.

That could work too. Since it would have a different form of counterplay.

Or just really high hp, like 800.

Lets just do nerf it by making so people under immortality field cant be healed by anything or something.

It wouldn’t be an immortality field, then. XD

I think gameplay design is more important than labeling :stuck_out_tongue:

While a neat idea (rename it stasis field or something) that would infuriate healers, and we have enough teammate-infuriating abilities in the form of Mei.

1 Like

I guess, tho maybe then let bap cancel his field, would give healers more room to work it out maybe?

At that point I probably wouldn’t ever use it except against one hit kill ults.

1 Like

Well, in all seriousness I don’t think it’s a good idea, since it limits the skill to a very specific use. No point in having a skill on cooldown of its only use is blocking ults and the occasional burst damage. It’s practically useless anytime else if it doesn’t help against general damage.

1 Like

That doesn’t protect against very much honestly, especially if people like McCree aren’t getting headshots anyway

Basically, it would be not only a massive nerf, but it would also limit the potential use scenarios to very very few.

Also, why do you not want it to protect against Hanzo’s ultimate? Grav dragon is a menace that should not be encouraged

4 Likes

IF is gonna be always problematic here.

It’s gutted ultimate on cooldown.

Make IF ultimate and AM normal ability on reasonable cooldown (15s max)

All it needs is the 1hp threshold. And maybe 125HP.
Making damage more effective vs the field itself and reducing the HP inside would make it weak enough.

This is like that “anti-burst-damage” idea people threw around in the past.

Well the trick is, they could lower the cooldown on it to something more like 10sec or even 8sec if it’s more of a utility, instead of almost an Ult.

As for GravDragon

1. StormArrow melting Tanks is a problem that should go away. So Hanzo should get value elsewhere.
  2. GravDragon would be a medium range attack capable of killing DoubleBarrier and WannabeGOATs. And being able to keep those kinds of compositions in check…is very important.

Well, it’s a good way to make it pointless and way more binary in usage than it is now.

2 Likes

But it doesn’t need to be a game defining capability if it’s in an 8-10sec cooldown.

Especially considering he’s got a crazy good Ult, DPS tier damage, a really good mobility tool, and lots of potential for multitasking.

Don’t think “I pressed a button, now nobody dies” is really the only amount of skill expression this character has or needs.

I still think it would be terrible

Like, those specific ultimates would be even more useless against Bap, meanwhile Bap’s ability is crippled into uselessness against everything else. No, this is not the way to do it I don’t think.

Also, why for the love of all that is good do you want double barrier crippled so much that you would support gravdragon?

I thought you were in favor of things that require skill/a brain

Because I don’t see GravDragon being a problem if you nerf Hanzo to the point that he’s not meta, and with Dive being dominant, it’s pointless to wait until you can build up a Grav to make a push.

One big team whipe doesn’t matter if Dive could do the same thing 3 times over in the time it would take to build up that much Ult charge.

Put simply. Devs need to start taking the position that “Anything standing in the way of fixing queue times, doesn’t need to be meta”.