✅ Hero Pools = Only +3250SR games

i think it fixes the balance issue of low ranks with frustrating heroes and easy ones.
its a bandaid ofc, but there is no reason to not force it into em as well.

I don’t even want it for Master, let me praciste my heroes.

Hero pools don’t actual solve the root problem. They put a band-aid on it for a week, then yank the band-aid off and re-open the wound. Balancing is the only solution. If a hero is overpowered, you balance them so they aren’t. You don’t put them on time out.

1 Like

Plat and below started suffering to the meta ever since doubleshield meta since it is so absolutely easy to run, effortless, yet so extremely powerful.

1 Like

No.
Adding anything huge to JUST one or two brackets is a horrible idea.

You can separate QP and Comp with big gameplay feature changes, but not ranks inside of Comp.

Bad bad BAD idea.

1 Like

You better believe that the moment Widowmaker and Hanzo aren’t in the rotation, I’m playing comp like crazy.

I hate snipers.

1 Like

it’s a fun experiment, i’m happy they are taking risks.

The issues are slow balance, metas being stale for too long, and hero synergy. Hero pools & quicker balance solves all of those issues.

I think so too. I think it should only apply to masters+. Diamond and below seems to have a very “fluid” meta regardless.

No; hero pools don’t solve anything, because they are dynamic. They do not solve stale metas - they just give you a week away from them here and there. They have nothing to do with balance, and in fact make seeing balance issues much harder than they already are. The also do not solve hero synergy - again they might remove an overpowered pair for a week, but unless you constantly alternate 1 of the 2 paired heroes being banned, they go back to being overpowered when they’re both available.

They could implement a “forbidden pairs” feature that is permanent and solves your synergy issue, preventing it from affecting balance. The first tank chooses Orisa, so then Orisa AND Sigma are immediately blocked from the other tank. The first DPS chooses Mei, so then the 2nd DPS does not have the option to choose Reaper, etc. Very simple to put into the game, and everyone has a chance to play whatever hero they want any game, as long as they group up with someone who doesn’t want to play their hero’s banned pair.

1 Like

The tree of Emonggden.

Its not true, while plat doesnt have the same meta as masters+ they still have their own meta.

1 Like

I think we should give it time and see what it’s like, but this is a good suggestion to consider for season 22

No, no they wouldn’t. If you have to love playing a hero thats not in the pool it’s going to suck. Imagine the week where by chance your 3 favorite heroes are all out. Why even play?

1 Like

I’ll say the same thing I always have.

If we want to change the rules of how the game is played, it needs to be uniform across the ladder.

Otherwise it’s not even the same game. Not to mention things would be mayhem around the “rule change SR” where people who are good enough to climb will artificially stagnate as they need to play 2 different rulesets.

2 Likes

Definitely, I’m plat/gold depending on role and I love the idea of certain popularly played heroes being out of my rank on some weeks. It just freshens up the game if I don’t have to play against Orisa one week, if I don’t encounter Moira in every game who plays as a DPS hero on some weeks. I want this feature to apply to all ranks and it isn’t good if a lot of development time goes into features that only apply to a minority of players. 3250+SR would be like, what? 10/15% of players? The game should be unified and have a similar experience for all players.

You could go several weeks without having to play the same comp depending on what heroes are out since it’s 1-2-1

I disagree, because one week Orisa could be banned, the next Sigma could be banned, the week after that hanzo reaper could be banned, the week after that doomfist mei could be banned, the week after that bap could be banned, you get the idea. 4 heroes being out of the game changes it pretty significantly

1 Like

In lower ranks, lots of people lock Moira/Hog for quick queue times and play them like a DPS. At least with hero pools (especially if they decide on different pools depending on the rank), some weeks, those heroes will be out. Mei can be annoying, so sometimes she’ll be out etc. There are plenty of reasons why hero pools will be beneficial in lower ranks as well as higher. I hate the idea of the game being fundamentally different in features at a higher rank and development time going towards that feature the only affects a small minority.

1 Like

Not to mention, in OWL at least they’re already saying they’ll weigh the randomness to only ban heroes that are being regularly played. In other words, there will be an impact as they purposely avoid wasting bans on really “niche” or even “throw” heroes.

If they do something similar to the ladder, things will constantly be changing, no week will be quite like the last, as each ban set also would change the available group of “most played heroes” for the next week to choose from.

2 Likes

Inb4 they ban every hero for a week except rein soldier 76 bastion or symmetra with baptiste mercy.

Just a example.