✅ Hanzo - Don't nerf StormArrow headshots

I mean, they’re both supposed to be ninja assassins. Its completely believable for them to be designed with the whole “if they hit you, you will die” thing in mind.

Especially since it takes a great deal of accuracy to play them. Otherwise you’re just throwing.

I actually do think it should count. You need to be generous with the head hitbox in fast past shooters like this, otherwise it would be incredibly hard to land headshots, so no one would bother trying to.

Again, elusive ninja assassin. So far, that seems understandable. Especially when you consider his weakness is anyone who’ll just run at him and force him to either kill them with Storm Arrow, die, or dramatically re position.

What can I say? They buffed almost everyone around Genji. I still remember when OW was first released, everyone wanted to be a Genji main because of how cool he was.

Even me, and I think all of the Tanks are cooler than all of the DPSes and supports. I REALLY wanted to get good at Genji.

He DOES have high kill potential at close range, a heal on hurt mechanic, and an escape tool that reloads his weapons.

and I GUESS we should count his teleportation move, but really I’m just being nice by listing that.

I wouldn’t considering thats where Hanzo started.

I suggest they reduce the amount critical hit damage Storm arrow does, or just remove its headshot damage altogether. Hanzo is deceptively kill able when he’s not being pocketed, but the best divers have critboxes the size of a barn.

Reducing or removing SA’s critical hit damage would still keep it viable as a “get away from me” move without it just being the Diver Deleter that it is now.

It becomes a even more useless ability. No point in ever using it.

A Hanzo change is coming according to Jeff, whether we like it or not, and the chances are pretty high that he will be nerfed tanks to his pickrate. Not to mention that players have no problem labeling him as oppressive, which can lead to nerfs as well.

What do you think they will nerf and what do you think they should do with Hanzo?

Ninja assassin design that are more suited for hack and slash than this one compare them with scout the closest I can think atm and you’ll see all the flaws

High mobility shouldn’t have unlimited range they should be close quartered like how Tracer is

Both shimada brothers are bullsh** design with respect to how this game works
seems like blizz has some kind of Asian f****h
and it’s just your delusion that they require high accuracy to play we all know how generous the hitbox of arrow , dash , blade and right click is besides rating made me lol when I saw tracer is 2 star as oppose to genji

Very good idea 2bh, snipers in this game SHOULD reward hs but, widow’s winrate is low enough on low ranks so that’s hardly changeable.

On a 2nd note, a total dmg reduction might still be in order. 3x hs multiplier for 45 dmg might be best. And only 4 arrows, to make bodyshot still able to kills things, but need a quad hit.

The star system represent more the kit complexity for new players.

Tracer’s kit is pretty easy to understand. Teleport, shoot and repeat. Compared with Tracer has Genji more tools and tactics available.

This is also why Hanzo is a 3 star hero and Widowmaker a 2 star hero, despite Hanzo having a lower skill floor and a lower skill ceiling.

That still kills a 200hp hero in one normal arrow bodyshot and two stormarrow bodyshots.

The kill speed wouldn’t change.

Reducing it to 35 damage increases the number of shots needed to kill.

125 + 75 + 75 = bigger than 200
125 + 45 + 45 = bigger than 200
125 + 35 + 35 = Smaller than 200

You do know each Storm Arrow has a RoF of 0.3s, while a fully charge arrow only takes 0.75s, right?

A fully charge arrow with a partially charge arrow (similar to an 80% WM charge) does more damage than your one full arrow plus two of your weak storm arrow. There’s no point in using your Storm Arrow as the damage is not worth it as it require too many precise shot for the same outcome.

Most of all, Storm Arrow disrupt the rhythm of Hanzo shooting pace.

In any case, a good Hanzo does not fire all his Storm Arrow shot all as fast as possible. You will find good Hanzo actually shoot Storm Arrow at a much lower pace closer to that of McCree’s Primary. It’s mostly the bad Hanzo that often uses Storm Arrow like FtH unless it’s vs Shield.

Honestly, it would have been better if the ability was replace where they boost Hanzo charge rate by 2 times at least instead of giving x number of fully charge arrows.

0.75sec to charge + 0.5sec to reload the arrow = 1.25 sec between full charged shots

A partially charged Hanzo arrow is significantly less accurate.

Also StormArrow doesn’t have the 30% movement speed penalty.

What about lowering the accuracy while shooting? Just like soldier 76.
That way you can still try to shoot them with full accuracy and damage but you have to be careful with the fire rate, and the time limit will add some risk if you try to save every shot.

because being hit by 3 arrows shouldn’t be a kill? hanzo hitting you 3 times with a precision aim ability isn’t enough? Meanwhile Gatlin Gun Mcree has storm arrow as his primary fire and its hitscan with no cooldown.

1 Like

Yes, there is reload speed, but you don’t need a full charge to do more damage than your weak arrows where you’re force to make multiple accurate shots. It ruins his shooting rhythm and thus affect his accuracty.

Lunge completely negate his movement penalty on the second partially charge shot.

If they were gonna do that, I’d say to just lower the StormArrow attack rate.

It feels like an extreme change honestly, couldn’t we nerf him in a smarter way?

Right now I struggle diving or engaging a Hanzo as a tank due to Storm Arrows because when he pops it, he can bait out my cooldowns and still have arrows to fire. Nerfing its duration to 2 seconds(he only needs 1.5 sec to fire all 5) would be a great nerf to introduce counterplay without breaking his damage potential.

So now when I dive or engage him and he defensively pops Storm arrows I can:
-Stall it out with Sigma’s grasp
-Stall it out with matrix
-TaB through it as hog
-Even defensive DPS abilities like wraith and deflect could be used to cancel it out

See, the Hanzo situation is a DPS race that HE can take his time with. This nerf would even things out by putting him on a time crunch too. If he doesn’t use his arrows, he losses them.

You got a partially charged arrow with a random arc, and a lunge throwing your camera angle. And somehow that doesn’t interfere with your aim?

But 100% accuracy with 100% movement speed, and rapidfire messes with your aim?

Are you listening to yourself?

Do you even play Hanzo? The projectile buff made it so that his arrow even barely arcs right now, even on a lower charge rate.

Lunge has a fixed distance, and it’s easier to swing the arm by flicking than adjusting your shooting pace.

You don’t seem to understand the importance of rhythm/pacing when shooting with precision.

Dunno what smarter would mean. More neutral feeling maybe?

I guess they could just reduce the normal arrow charge speed, and refire rate on StormArrow.

That would work, but it would be a bit less spicy emotionally.

Your nerf would make him worse against everyone, my nerf makes him worse against specific abilities, of which most are on tanks. I suppose I should have said “targeted nerf” instead of smarter. Not a flat nerf, but one that could give those who struggle most against him a better shot.

I left my suggestion up there. I think a 5 second duration on Storm Arrows is a sleeper strength that would be huge to nerf down. Really consider what a D.va can do in the match up. Even if she baits SA, he can wait out her matrix and still fire all 5 arrows after. That’s where we should start first imo.

The reason why Storm Arrow last 5s is because the dev wants to give Hanzo player the option to not use it like FtH, but also the option to pace his shot to be accurate instead of a flat out spam shot. There is a reason why each Storm Arrow shot is as strong as it is.

That’s why I said earlier, it would have been better if the ability was replace to boost his charge rate over a duration instead of making each shot already fully charge at a lower damage.

This is a pretty good nerf actually. Hanzo currently has almost no disadvantages so this would make him a lot weaker vs barriers which would be nice