✅ Hanzo - Don't nerf StormArrow headshots

One normal arrow + 5 storm arrows would be 300 damage over 2.1sec, which would be 142DPS.

You increase the dps by adding a primary arrow into it. Dont you see the issue? The primary is increasing its dps, because the abilities dps is lower.

I don’t see the issue at all, because the animation cancel is basically instantaneous.

I doubt you could even see the basic arrow at the beginning of this video, without slowing it down.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/PepperyOffbeatJackal-mobile.mp4

To act like that capability doesn’t exist would be dishonest.

Also his normal DPS is 104DPS, so kicking it up to 142DPS is an upgrade.

I know that exists, but youre making its look like a bigger deal than it is.
The animation cancel was never the issue of the ability. Its simply that it does too much at once. Killing power and shield brake in one.

It’s a pretty big deal to take off 63% of the HP from a 200HP player.

And if you start with a player with only 75HP remaining, you shouldn’t count it as 200HP

If you hit one regular BS with primary to do 125 dmg, then you dont even need a fully charged follow up shot with another primary to finish the target off. Using a 10 second ability which needs 3 follow up shots isnt even worth using at that point. The marginal increase in dps which you only get when you do the animation cancel, which means you have to do the animation cancel, doesnt even give him good shield brake or any damage for that matter. Sombra does 160 dmg and everyone agrees that her damage isnt that great.

I agree BS and spam get too much value, but they should still stay somewhat viable and not become a complete detriment.

Headshots aren’t really what Storm Arrow is for. Storm is meant to be popped to apply pressure or to fight your way out of a dive.

You aren’t sniping with Storm arrow at any distance. I don’t think I’ve seen any Hanzo really try to “snipe” with it per se, its too unwieldy to aim with any kind of accuracy for a sniper.

I’d be fine if they nerfed Storm Arrow’s headshot damage. I’d even tolerate it if they completely removed it head shotting.

Arrows inherently are good for Sniping.

Hanzo’s headshots are just something you’re going to have to live with.

Yes he should. If he’s accurate enough to hit you with it.

Genji gets free kills from dashes, and that’s easier to land then Storm Arrows.

Shoot. Reaper gets free kills from body shots. There’s even an achievement tied to getting kills without reloading.

A partially charged shot has arc to it and is likely to miss, and can’t be followed up with 4 more rapid fire arrows. All while having no movement penalty.

Meanwhile, lowering the damage of the arrows to 35 increases the number of shots to kill. (When including a normal arrow).

Your concept doesn’t do that, so a 200HP hero would be just as dead, in exactly the same timeframe.

It takes 1 second to shoot 3 storm arrows. In that 1 second he can charge another primary fully and follow up with it. I just said he doesnt even have to charge fully to get the follow up damage he needs, its an option he has to make it even faster even of it gets more unprecise.

The only real benefit he would have in that match up burning a 10 second cooldown would be removing the movement penalty.
Thats not worth it.

And the whole point of all this is that other heroes would be better options if Hanzo isn’t landing headshots.

Because hero variety is a good thing.

Yes which is why i suggest to nerf it, but still remain in reasonable numbers and not gutting it.

60 dmg puts a 3 hit kill for 200 hp targets into a 4 hit kill and for 250 hp targets a 4 hit kill into a 5 hit.
All while also reducing the overall shield brake.

Why are you lying?

60 times 3 = 180 dmg thats not a lie. I’m arguing general usage not always assuming a primary cancel in all situations.

Acting like you can’t easily animation cancel a basic arrow into storm arrows, is being deliberately dishonest.

So it’s not really that far from lying.

Its not a lie. People face Hanzo who already has storm activated. If he wants to animation cancel his primary first then he has to charge his primary first with movement penalty and no benefits of storm arrows. Assuming he can afford to do that all the time in every situation is more dishonest. I didnt even deny that he can do that, but its simply not the default state and not the main issue.

1 Like

Name me a situation where that wouldn’t be the case.

When he gets flanked from behind and hes already low health. Not waiting for the primary charge and instantly opt for storm is the better option.

And wouldn’t you think that’s a situation that Hanzo should be at a disadvantage?

Keeping in mind, he should not be balanced as if he’s Soldier 76 with instant kills.