✅ Can BarrierTanks more popular?

Yeah, and pickrates seem to shift rapidly with balance changes.

D.va for instance is “attractive”, but her pickrate yoyos around constantly based on her viability.

No, because ultimately being the rectangle for your team is boring.

2 Likes

I think we just need to separate barrier tanks and off tanks, to stop double off tank. I also think such an off tank queue, would alleviate DPS queue times, as people wouldn’t be scared to play off tank, as they are now guaranteed to never play main tank.

2 Likes

Well, they don’t need to fully separate though.

They could just have 1 barriertank maximum per team, with 0 barriertank minimum.

Dva also has the advantage of being one of the most fun, dynamic tanks.

Yeah, but you can see how just changing the number on her booster cooldown has a pretty dramatic effect.

Yeah. Ultimately in comp especially, people play what is necessary to win.

I think if people don’t like the meta/obligatory heroes they just switch roles.

The solution is really obvious, nerf barriers further, but buff barrier tanks in other ways to compensate. They become intrinsically more fun and, in theory, less oppressive. Obviously some ludicrous buffs to halt would be way worse than a barrier, so you never actually know.

1 Like

Honestly brawly Orisa was great fun to play.

1 Like

I guess that is another approach.

I don’t think they will do it, but it is in the range of possibility somewhere

Love this. make the tanks brawlers who use barriers at key times, not all the time for everything.
make the peel potential for each barrier tank to increase apm.

1 Like

Maybe barriers wouldn’t be so needed if so many one shots weren’t flying around

Honestly, they should buff orisa, sigma, D.Va, zarya, and Winston into more main tanky than what they are today. Why? Because these characters actually do something to protect the team compared to Hammond and roadhog.

I forgot about widow for a second. but then just buff flankers or something so she has to constantly watch her back.

True enough, guess that’s another approach.

So we’re up to 6 approaches

How many are there, really? Just Widow and Hanzo, if you ignore tank one shots and ults.

Damage boosted Ashe, and doom fist

Barriers are totally worthless against Doomfist, though.

Unless you count orisa. But then you could just make it so that doom can’t rocket punch through barriers. Same with rein.